Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is having a loving family an unfair advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Great example of bureaucracy. DOT gets paid to put signs up to warn motorists of potential children playing in the streets. DCFS gets paid to arrest parents of children playing in the streets. Meanwhile, this isn't 1918 when children might actually play in streets in numbers.

XNN
    There are numbers of kids playing in the streets of my neighborhood. All the time.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    There are numbers of kids playing in the streets of my neighborhood. All the time.
    Good. Mayberry hasn't been zoned out of existence.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    h/t tod evans

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Same here but our street has very little traffic. I think the sign was put up for an autistic boy who wouldn't always get out of the street for a car. He's since moved away but it was right in front of his house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12