Thread: University hosts separate orientation for black freshmen

University hosts separate orientation for black freshmen

WTF?

From Drudge;

https://www.thecollegefix.com/univer...lack-freshmen/

Incoming freshmen at George Mason University recently had the opportunity to attend another orientation created specifically for black students.

The event was called the “Black Freshman Orientation.” Hosted by the Black Student Alliance, the additional orientation occurred on August 25 at the university. It has become an annual event there.

Incoming black freshmen at GMU did not have to attend the Black Freshman Orientation, and if they decided to attend, they still were required to go to the university’s regular orientation as well, according to the university.

As for the Black Freshman Orientation, it aimed to help new students feel welcome at the public, Virginia-based university.

“This event is dedicated for the incoming freshman who identify as black or are supporters of black people. The Black Freshman Orientation will offer ways to be involved at Mason not only with the black organizations but also mason as a whole. This event allows incoming students for an outlook on how the Black Community at Mason is like,” a Welcome 2 Mason website about the event states.

On a seperate website, GMU Campus Labs, it described the event as a chance to network.

“The Black Freshman Orientation is a Black Student Alliance event that occurs annually at the beginning of the school year. This year, the Black Student Alliance will be collaborating with other on campus organizations to make the experience even more valuable and enriching for all who attend,” it stated.

“This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus,” the website states.

Michael Sandler, director of strategic communications at George Mason University, told The College Fix that while the Black Student Alliance did hold this event, it was open for any student to attend.

“The university also has over 300 student organizations that sponsor a variety of events throughout the year. Many student organizations hold welcome back activities as we get close to the beginning of the fall semester. Mason’s Black Student Alliance, one of our student organizations, did sponsor a welcome event during the first week of the fall semester, which was open to all,” Sandler told The Fix.

Black Student Alliance at GMU did not respond to an inquiry from The College Fix for comment.

George Mason University is not the only school to host such an event. Many universities across the nation each year host a variety of welcome back events designed especially for black students.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Edited version for those who have problems with the sniff test.

University hosts separate orientation for white freshmen

Incoming freshmen at George Mason University recently had the opportunity to attend another orientation created specifically for white students.

The event was called the “White Freshman Orientation.” Hosted by the White Student Alliance, the additional orientation occurred on August 25 at the university. It has become an annual event there.

Incoming white freshmen at GMU did not have to attend the White Freshman Orientation, and if they decided to attend, they still were required to go to the university’s regular orientation as well, according to the university.

As for the White Freshman Orientation, it aimed to help new students feel welcome at the public, Virginia-based university.

“This event is dedicated for the incoming freshman who identify as white or are supporters of white people. The White Freshman Orientation will offer ways to be involved at Mason not only with the white organizations but also mason as a whole. This event allows incoming students for an outlook on how the White Community at Mason is like,” a Welcome 2 Mason website about the event states.

On a seperate website, GMU Campus Labs, it described the event as a chance to network.

“The White Freshman Orientation is a White Student Alliance event that occurs annually at the beginning of the school year. This year, the White Student Alliance will be collaborating with other on campus organizations to make the experience even more valuable and enriching for all who attend,” it stated.

“This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus,” the website states.

Michael Sandler, director of strategic communications at George Mason University, told The College Fix that while the White Student Alliance did hold this event, it was open for any student to attend.

“The university also has over 300 student organizations that sponsor a variety of events throughout the year. Many student organizations hold welcome back activities as we get close to the beginning of the fall semester. Mason’s White Student Alliance, one of our student organizations, did sponsor a welcome event during the first week of the fall semester, which was open to all,” Sandler told The Fix.

White Student Alliance at GMU did not respond to an inquiry from The College Fix for comment.

George Mason University is not the only school to host such an event. Many universities across the nation each year host a variety of welcome back events designed especially for white students.

#gotJIMcrow?

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

What's next, restaurants, bathrooms? Drinking fountains?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    WTF?

From Drudge;

https://www.thecollegefix.com/univer...lack-freshmen/

This event is exclusively for the freshman class at George Mason University. At this event, the freshman class will be able to get the ins and outs of GMU, learn how to navigate the campus, as well as learn about the different resources and organizations available to them on campus,” the website states.

Michael Sandler, director of strategic communications at George Mason University, told The College Fix that while the Black Student Alliance did hold this event, it was open for any student to attend.
    Which one is it? Open only to Freshman or for any student?

Which one is it? Open only to Freshman or for any student?
    “This event is dedicated for the incoming freshman who identify as black or are supporters of black people.
    Any further questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What's next, restaurants, bathrooms? Drinking fountains?

Read people before reacting it was the black student alliance doing this not the school. Different orgs sometimes do their own orientations and its is never compulsory unlike the general orientation.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Any further questions?
    It means that it is open to anyone who wants to come i.e. anyone who of any race identifies as a black person or their supporters.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

“This event is dedicated for the incoming freshman who identify as black or are supporters of black people."
    Hot white chicks definitely welcome.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Dare anyone to go with the edited version and create a White Student Alliance. Just see where that goes.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    It means that it is open to anyone who wants to come i.e. anyone who of any race identifies as a black person or their supporters.
    "The Patriarch"

Not going to happen.
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Dare anyone to go with the edited version and create a White Student Alliance. Just see where that goes.
    No $#@!, you would hear the screeching in China.
    "The Patriarch"

Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I dont particularly care for the idea or someone who would get butthurt when anyone else tries to do it. My point is to show that OP's interpretation was wrong.

I dont particularly care for the idea or someone who would get butthurt when anyone else tries to do it. My point is to show that OP's interpretation was wrong.
    I'm the OP.

What I posted was a direct link and the complete article with the query "WTF?"

Nothing there for you to prove "wrong" even with righteous indignation...

I also made the second post, it was a direct copy of the original article with the word "White" substituted for "Black" in order to lead the slower of us to try and recognize the outright hypocrisy of this particular minority group..... This exercise will work with most minority groups who want preferential treatment.

There's nothing for you to argue for or against in either post however you might find something to quibble about with this post....Or possibly post #6 where I quoted post #1....

No. It is not. It is pointing out the hypocrisy and the fact that Blacks are a protected class. There is actually a White Student Union. No university will officially recognize it. The SPLC and ADL have labeled it a hate group. Any student can join that organization too. But, for some reason, that organization is pariah.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems kind of condescending to treat blacks like they're special needs kids to me. But whatever. They're the ones blowing thousands of dollars on the "college experience" that they'll find is mostly useless as soon as they graduate. It's up to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. It is not. It is pointing out the hypocrisy and the fact that Blacks are a protected class. There is actually a White Student Union. No university will officially recognize it. The SPLC and ADL have labeled it a hate group. Any student can join that organization too. But, for some reason, that organization is pariah.
    The hypocrisy with barring white clubs I agree witb, but its just not the school hosting the orientation. The student org does the hosting not the school. This is the difference between what the OP says and reality.

When I was in college, the Pre med club voted to do this for incoming freshmen with pre med majors. We did all the planning and only thing I think we got from the university was their roster. I know the big difference here is one is major related and the other race but students org can and have been allowed to do this for at least a decade now.

The hypocrisy with barring white clubs I agree witb, but its just not the school hosting the orientation. The student org does the hosting not the school. This is the difference between what the OP says and reality.

When I was in college, the Pre med club voted to do this for incoming freshmen with pre med majors. We did all the planning and only thing I think we got from the university was their roster. I know the big difference here is one is major related and the other race but students org can and have been allowed to do this for at least a decade now.

Does the university host the Black Student Alliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Just disappointed he didn't get invited.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.