Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cop Goes Home and Enters Wrong Apartment , Shoots and Kills Occupant

Editor's Note: A previous version of this story included an account of events told by a Dallas police source. Due to conflicting reports of the incident from various sources, we've removed that account from the story.
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/nati...492675981.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The "door was ajar" thing sounds like something the cop made up. That sounds a lot better than "he opened the door and startled me, so I shot him." Though of course the blood trail will reveal where he was positioned when he was shot.

Supposedly the lights were out and the man was in his underwear -- nobody in an apartment would get ready for bed without making sure the door was at least closed -- or it seems highly unlikely anyway.

Since it was an electronic lock hopefully it might reveal something (I've read some models keep logs of some things).
    Point is, a door left ajar or even open is not an invitation for trespassers to enter the property.

As some cop apologists have hinted that this guy at the least invited his summary execution because of this fact, it is worth noting that that is a sickening response to a very incredible story.

Cop goes to wrong apartment. Cop murders the occupant of said property. It's quite simple, really.

And to respond to the story of well she was tired and worked a 14 hour shift. So the hell what? I sleep 14 hours. 20 hours begins to drag. I've lived in apartments with a thousand units. It's simply inexcusable.

Not to mention a couple days with a PBA lawyer is quite the privilege.

See if it was me, I could imagine handcuffs being too tight, a TB shot, being put in a cage, and being offered a three minute phone call a few hours later. Then a couple days later I would be dragged to court for arraignment, you know, to face a murder charge. They'd graciously give me a bumbling fool of an attorney who grew up with the prosecutor. Bond would graciously be set at upwards of $1,000,000. The prosecutor would come and say they would not continue seeking life imprisonment and reduce the charge to voluntary manslaughter-- so I can serve about 17 maybe 20 years if I accept the plea deal and not take it to trial. I'd probably accept and the prosecutor and public defender would have beers after a long day at the office.

Then again, I don't soak up $54 an hour publicly afforded overtime working 14 hours days so I don't have the privilege of a legal team and presumption of innocence. And as well, I'm not such a $#@!ing moron that I could go to the wrong apartment and then summarily execute the occupant.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

So you include the editor's note that they've removed this narrative (your entire screenshot) from the unnamed (probably PBA) source as there are conflicting reports between said unnamed source and another unnamed source (probably someone who is closer to the investigation) yet you have left it up.

So it goes: First, an unlocked door justified his summary execution or at least, he was stupid for leaving his door unlocked (nothing towards the seemingly braindead who executed a man at an apartment she thought was her own). Then it went to the door was slightly ajar so that is what justified his summary execution and he had some implied responsibility in his own summary execution (again nothing towards the person who went to the wrong apartment and summarily executed the occupant). Then it went to the PBA narrative (which excuses nothing and relieves her of no responsibility for her actions, I'd add) to seemingly attempt to excuse what happened. Even after the local news ran a retraction because the conflict of interests/stories was so glaring. Sad!
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

@kcchief - I think officer Guyger should be indicted and tried for murder. I think she made a mistake in going to Jean's apartment. I think she was way too quick to pull her weapon and shoot. It's not justified and she should face the consequences.

There are also a lot of conflicting stories about the "facts". Affidavit claims she shot Jean inside the apartment (ie. across the room). Other accounts say Jean opened the door and she shot him at the door. I'm interested to know where the body was actually found (at the door or across the room).

I didn't see the need to earlier exclaim the officers stupidity. It's self evident. But thanks so much for contributing something of value in furthering any understanding of the story/issue instead of just attacking an RPF member that's actually trying to post relevant details. You're an internet star!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    @kcchief - I think officer Guyger should be indicted and tried for murder. I think she made a mistake in going to Jean's apartment. I think she was way too quick to pull her weapon and shoot. It's not justified and she should face the consequences.

There are also a lot of conflicting stories about the "facts". Affidavit claims she shot Jean inside the apartment (ie. across the room). Other accounts say Jean opened the door and she shot him at the door. I'm interested to know where the body was actually found (at the door or across the room).

I didn't see the need to earlier exclaim the officers stupidity. It's self evident. But thanks so much for contributing something of value in furthering any understanding of the story/issue instead of just attacking an RPF member that's actually trying to post relevant details. You're an internet star!
    Thank you as well for posting the PBA account of what happened. Now we have all the facts.

Since you are apparently in Texas, maybe you won't be summarily executed once this half wit is acquitted (in some small part due to your parroting of PBA talking points... which again, even NBC had to write a retraction).

Any other relevant facts of this case? Maybe she previously saved puppies from drowning? Church goer? I want to make sure all of the facts are out there.

By the way, you were 'attacked' for implying that this person brought it upon themselves (and for parroting PBA accounts).

I'm guessing the victim did not keep his front door locked. Hate to speak ill of the dead, but, what an idiot!
    What a stupid thing to say.

Whatever happened or didn't happen, let's at least all be glad that the Officer is OK. This could have gone a lot worse.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    By the way, you were 'attacked' for implying that this person brought it upon themselves ...
    That's like, your opinion, man. I never implied that Jean bore any responsibility for officer Guyger's action. I merely made a general comment about anyone not closing or locking their doors in this day and age is being an idiot. You can feel free to disagree. You can feel free to keep your doors unlocked day and night too, since you have such strong convictions about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    ... (and for parroting PBA accounts).
    What the $#@! is a PBA? I have no idea what you are talking about here, but that's par for the course with a lot of the conspiracy bull$#@! that happens around here. Boogeymen around every $#@!ing corner. So tiring. Ad hominems are weak sauce.

You jumped to a misguided conclusion about my opinion on officer Guyger and are doubling down on stupidity in attacking me. You made a mistake and you won't own it. Much like officer Guyger and the thin blue line that is trying to protect her. $#@! off.

That's like, your opinion, man. I never implied that Jean bore any responsibility for officer Guyger's action. I merely made a general comment about anyone not closing or locking their doors in this day and age is being an idiot. You can feel free to disagree. You can feel free to keep your doors unlocked day and night too, since you have such strong convictions about the subject.

What the $#@! is a PBA? I have no idea what you are talking about here, but that's par for the course with a lot of the conspiracy bull$#@! that happens around here. Boogeymen around every $#@!ing corner. So tiring. Ad hominems are weak sauce.

You jumped to a misguided conclusion about my opinion on officer Guyger and are doubling down on stupidity in attacking me. You made a mistake and you won't own it. Much like officer Guyger and the thin blue line that is trying to protect her. $#@! off.
    Of course you have no idea of what I am talking about. That is why you parrot their bull$#@!. NBC found out what I was talking about. That is why they issued a retraction.

PBA is Police Benevolence Association... as in, her legal team.

To say that the man is an idiot for not locking his doors is to imply that had he locked his doors he might still be alive. It is also to imply that you have certain ideas of what transpired before his death and that the sole responsibility for his death is not on the hands of the murderer.

Ad hominems, yawn.... let me triple down. YOU are the idiot for posting some bull$#@! about unlocked doors.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How in the hell does anyone, even an ignorant cop, not recognize their apartment from somebody elses?
    Because...

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-...story?id=95836
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Drunk?
    Friends don't let friends drink and cop.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

It looks like she didn't even enter the apt , apparently the occupant heard her trying to open the door, he opened it, and then got shot. Maybe he looked through the keyhole and saw a police officer there and thought it was safe to open the door.

This reminds me of that case a few years back where the female cop shot a teenage boy who opened the door holding a Wii controller. Nothing happened to her, and I think she's still protecting and serving in that same town.

Nothing will happen to this **** either , more than likely. Just another tragic series of events that led to an "accidental" death-by-cop.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.eagar.7/
    I remember the kid shot with the Wii controller. He was white. White lives don't matter when it comes to police brutality.

I'm guessing the victim did not keep his front door locked. Hate to speak ill of the dead, but, what an idiot!
    You know that violent crime across the U.S. is at an almost 30 year LOW right? Mmm...maybe you don't. Okay. Here ya go. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...me-in-the-u-s/

So not everyone is walking around thinking "OMG! I have to have my door locked 24/7 because someone my wander in my house and rob and/or kill me!" And if someone wants to rob or kill you they can wait around until you open the door, either to go in or to go out, and then rush in and do whatever. Honestly I worry more about getting killed in a car accident by a distracted driver...and I don't really worry about that.

So yeah...in this instance, assuming the report that you heard that the idiot (or murderous) cop was in the house first was correct, then maybe, just maybe, having the door locked would have made a difference. Then again...maybe not.

And no, this isn't a slight on you. I just disagree with the premise that everyone who doesn't keep their doors locked even during the daytime when they are at home are necessarily idiots.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I just disagree with the premise that everyone who doesn't keep their doors locked even during the daytime when they are at home are necessarily idiots.
    Guess I'm one of those idiots my doors haven't been locked for decades...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Guess I'm one of those idiots my doors haven't been locked for decades...
    And what happened to her Keys hanging in the door..?

and several reports of her banging on the door and shouting?

and his "Failure To Comply".

This story keeps getting more bizarre,,, and they very reluctantly charged her with the minimum they possibly can,,

and the Boot Lickers are rimming a$$holes on this one.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Jean's family lawyer starting to leak some details that have not been reported previously:

Dallas police officer Amber Guyger was described as a "security guard" in a dispatch call to firefighters in the moments after she shot Bothem Jean in his own apartment even though she was in full police uniform.

That revelation, which can be heard in the above video, may explain the noise complaints that came from Guyger's apartment about Jean's apartment above, including a complaint made on the day of the shooting, a detail brought to light Monday by an attorney for the victim's family.

And it may also explain the contentious exchange overheard by two sisters who live in a nearby apartment at the time of the shooting.

"Let me in, let me in," demanded a female voice while pounding on a door, followed by the sounds of gunshots.

"Oh my God, why did you do that?" a man's voice then said, probably Jean's final words.

And it would also explain why police have issued so many versions of the story, none of them adding up or making sense, all of them contradicting each other, blaming Jean in one way or another for his death.

In other words, it's beginning to look like Guyger had taken on the role of an overzealous security guard at her apartment complex, shooting and killing Jean over whatever noise he may or may not have been making in the apartment above her.

As far-fetched as that may sound, it's much more plausible than the three versions police have told us so far.
    More: https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/court...kWauqbTLbUNeQ/

Jean's family lawyer starting to leak some details that have not been reported previously:

Interesting. We now have a new motive. Noisy neighbor. He lived directly above her.

Electronic keys? Those things have a tendency to be glitchy.

Videos also surfaced showing residents from that complex opening doors with fob keys, which turn green or red depending on whether they are the right key or not, similar to a hotel room card key, so there was no need for her to struggle with the door because she would have immediately known she was at the wrong door.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And it may also explain the contentious exchange overheard by two sisters who live in a nearby apartment at the time of the shooting.

"Let me in, let me in," demanded a female voice while pounding on a door, followed by the sounds of gunshots.

"Oh my God, why did you do that?" a man's voice then said, probably Jean's final words.

And it would also explain why police have issued so many versions of the story, none of them adding up or making sense, all of them contradicting each other, blaming Jean in one way or another for his death.

In other words, it's beginning to look like Guyger had taken on the role of an overzealous security guard at her apartment complex, shooting and killing Jean over whatever noise he may or may not have been making in the apartment above her.

Why would she say "Let me in" if she thought they were at her own apartment? And...this pretty much proves the door was locked.

Of course the only reason she is being charged is because she was off duty. Had she been on duty this would have automatically been classified a justifiable shooting. I wonder how much a bullet proof door costs?

Why Did Dallas Police Search a Man's Home for 'Narcotics' After One of Their Own Killed Him?

Yet more questions have emerged about the death of Botham Jean, a Dallas man shot in his own home by an off-duty police officer.

Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, who lived in the apartment directly below Jean's, says she mistook his residence for her own. According to an arrest affidavit for Guyger, she returned from a shift Thursday night and attempted to enter Jean's apartment using her "unique door key." Since the door was already ajar, it "fully opened under the force of the key insertion," the affidavit says. She then claims to have encountered Jean, believed him to be a burglar, and shot him twice after he ignored her "verbal commands." Jean was later declared dead at a nearby hospital.

Now KXAS reports that the day after the shooting, a Dallas Police Department investigator obtained a warrant to search Jean's apartment. The warrant, signed by 292nd District Court Judge Brandon Birmingham, says the police intended to look for "any contraband, such as narcotics," that could "constitute[e] evidence of a criminal offense."

The warrant seems to suggest police had reason to believe some sort of illegal substance was present at Jean's residence. When asked whether such probable cause existed, a Dallas police spokesperson referred Reason to the Texas Rangers, who took over the investigation soon after the shooting. A Texas Rangers spokesperson, in turn, referred Reason to the Dallas County District Attorney's Office.

A spokesperson for the district attorney said the search warrant was "fairly standard" for such a high-profile case, but added that "no specifics about the case will be released at this time to maintain the integrity of the case."

So it remains unclear why the warrant referenced narcotics. According to Houston-based criminal defense attorney Mark Bennett, there doesn't appear to be any legitimate legal reason for police to include that language. But there could be a practical one. "They want to smear the guy," he speculates. "He no longer has reason to complain about the search of his place, because he's dead," he adds.

On the other hand, Clark Neily, the Cato Institute's vice president for criminal justice, says it's "not at all uncommon...to have a standard, boilerplate search warrant." He adds that search warrants will often refer to what police "expect to find based on the particular incident," as well as "a bunch of other stuff...on the off chance that they happen to find something that might be useful to them." In this case, Neily notes, it makes sense police would expect to find shell casings or blood at the scene of the shooting. And the warrant refers to those too.

Why were they allowed to search Jean's residence for narcotics as well? Neily says it has to do with "varying levels of oversight from judges." In this case, "it seems pretty clear that this judge didn't have any problem with the absence of corroborating...facts that you would expect to see in a search warrant."

Andrew Fleischman, a criminal defense lawyer in Atlanta, thinks it's "unusual" that police obtained a search warrant in the first place. "It's fairly rare to see search warrants...for the place where the crime occurs, because the defendant normally doesn't have standing," he says. He also says it's strange that the warrant relied so heavily on Guyger's account of how things transpired. "It was written as though what she was saying was the truth," Fleischman says.

Guyger's account in the search warrant seems to differ from her story in the arrest affidavit. According to the warrant, Jean "confronted" Guyger "at the door" while she was trying to get into the apartment. The arrest affidavit, though, says Guyger was able to open the door and then saw Jean "across the room."

According to Neily, something is off. "This looks to me like a witness trying desperately to conform her story to extrinsic facts as they come to light," he says.

Bennett put it bluntly: "This is about as bad as a police shooting gets."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/09/12/frfrfr
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Why Did Dallas Police Search a Man's Home for 'Narcotics' After One of Their Own Killed Him?
    Was it a "search" or an excuse to get access and plant a weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Both probably. This whole thing is so blatantly corrupted it's ridiculous.
    "The Patriarch"

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Maybe but her verbal commands don’t mention “drop the weapon” maybe they will later...
    What’s funny to me is what does it matter if he had narcotics or any contraband? That’s irrelevant to what happened.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Anyone bother to look up anything about the victim?

Link

Another Link
    Last edited by euphemia; 09-13-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Anyone bother to look up anything about the victim?

Link

Another Link
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6677927
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Bennett put it bluntly: "This is about as bad as a police shooting gets."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/09/12/frfrfr
    According to the cops on a gun forum I lurk on, it wasn't a "police shooting" at all, because she was off-duty at the time.

Meanwhile last night a guy in Dallas last night shot somebody in self-defense, and was immediately arrested. The only reason Amber was arrested was due to negative publicity, and that took three days.

Latest I've heard on the case is that they found 10.7 grams of marijuana and a marijuana grinder in the apartment of the deceased. Maybe more dirt on the victim to come once they finish searching his phones and computers.

Plant on her doorstep. No welcome mat. No plant on his doorstep. Red welcome mat. Doors automatically shut and lock. She's full of $#@!.

Latest I've heard on the case is that they found 10.7 grams of marijuana and a marijuana grinder in the apartment of the deceased. Maybe more dirt on the victim to come once they finish searching his phones and computers.
    I don't see how this, if one were to believe it (and I don't), would have any relevance to this case.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 09-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We all make mistakes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What a mess.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast