Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cop Goes Home and Enters Wrong Apartment , Shoots and Kills Occupant

Again the simple test of "What would happen to us if we did the same thing?" should be applied.

Manslaughter
    Negligent Homicide
    Breaking and Entering

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It looks like she didn't even enter the apt , apparently the occupant heard her trying to open the door, he opened it, and then got shot. Maybe he looked through the keyhole and saw a police officer there and thought it was safe to open the door.

This reminds me of that case a few years back where the female cop shot a teenage boy who opened the door holding a Wii controller. Nothing happened to her, and I think she's still protecting and serving in that same town.

Nothing will happen to this **** either , more than likely. Just another tragic series of events that led to an "accidental" death-by-cop.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.eagar.7/

Dallas Police tell me the officer didn’t “walk into” the wrong apartment, she was on the WRONG FLOOR.
    She was continuing to try her key (which wasn’t working) on what she thought was her apartment, when the door was pulled open from the inside by the person who lived there. I am told the shooting happened in the doorway.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-07-2018 at 03:40 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So... some things I've read:
    According to the relative, the police officer’s key was found in the lock of the door of the apartment belonging to the deceased, after she tried unsuccessfully to open it.

The family member expressed the view that the officer involved in the shooting, who lived in an apartment on another floor of the complex, had to have been ‘drunk.’
    https://stluciatimes.com/2018/09/07/...ong-apartment/

Hearsay:

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The end result of 'officer safety' training.

Broad was probably still wearing body armor.

I wonder if @TheTexan has set up a gofundme for her defense yet. Texans need to stick together.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I wonder if @TheTexan has set up a gofundme for her defense yet. Texans need to stick together.
    I'm trying to get in touch with the family.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How in the hell does anyone, even an ignorant cop, not recognize their apartment from somebody elses?
    That story would never be taken seriously if it was a mundane telling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    A lot of things about the news report (about the officer's story) doesn't make much sense.

Does the officer lock her own apartment when she isn't home? If so, did she try to unlock the victim's door with her key?

I think it's far more likely that she knew the victim and her stopping at his apartment after work wasn't an accident. What prompted her to shoot him could be any number of things - jealous/jilted lover, drug deal, etc.
    That’s what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Again the simple test of "What would happen to us if we did the same thing?" should be applied.

Manslaughter
    Negligent Homicide
    Breaking and Entering

The Police would suspect you murdered them on purpose, and would look for the motive.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Motive found.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Never date a cop.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Motive found.
    Yup...this is so $#@!ed up on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

Other than to repeat danke wisdom:

"Never date a cop".

So has the occifer been locked up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That story would never be taken seriously if it was a mundane telling it.

That’s what I was thinking.

The Police would suspect you murdered them on purpose, and would look for the motive.

Motive found.
    Nobody in that picture looks like the woman they are saying was the officer involved- Amber Guyger.

The officer has worked for the department for five years, police said in a statement. She had finished a 12-hour shift at some point before the shooting after working overtime because she made a late arrest, police said. A written statement from the police department said the officer was “tired” and thought she was in her apartment, but at a press conference, Chief Renee Hall would not confirm that the officer being tired was the reason she went to the wrong apartment.
    They said she has only lived in that building about a month. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dall...ooting-suspect

Guyger had moved into the South Side Flats complex about a month earlier and had never met Jean, the officer said.
    Her arrest warrant is currently suspended "while they investigate". The Texas Rangers are handling that.

Tired and confused is still no reason to shoot anybody.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/amber...dallas-photos/

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-08-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nobody in that picture looks like the woman they are saying was the officer involved- Amber Guyger.

They said she has only lived in that building about a month. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dall...ooting-suspect

Her arrest warrant is currently suspended "while they investigate". The Texas Rangers are handling that.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/amber...dallas-photos/

What the $#@! does it matter. The key wouldn't open the door and when the owner opened it she shot him. That's enough for either you or myself to be thrown in the brig.

And she is still on Paid leave and uncharged.

and Zippy,, for what it is worth,, Police Mouthpieces have no credibility.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No link, but I read that she is being charged with manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    You Know I would bet dollars to donuts this officer was a S.W.A.T. member. They regularly seem to end up in the wrong apartment/home and the end results are eerily similar.
    No doubt her training caused to react with catlike reflexes. Poor guy did this to himself for sure!
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dall...ooting-suspect

Guyger started on patrol in the department's southeast division and was later selected as the sole woman on a elite crime response team of about 10 officers who make high-risk arrests in the division's crime hot spots.

In 2017, Guyger shot 47-year-old Uvaldo Perez, who had wrestled a Taser away from her.

Another officer had been in a Pleasant Grove neighborhood looking for a woman who had a warrant out for her arrest. When the officer thought he saw the woman in a car with two men in the 8300 block of Reva Street, the officer asked for backup from Guyger and another officer, according to an affidavit.

One of the officers was trying to search Perez when he became combative, the affidavit said. Guyger deployed her Taser before Perez was able to take it from her.

After Perez had the Taser, Guyger fired her gun once, striking him in the abdomen, the affidavit said. Neither Guyger nor the other officers were injured in the 2017 shooting.

Police arrested Perez on a charge of taking a weapon from an officer, as well as charges for possession of methamphetamine, marijuana and violating his parole.

In February 2018, Perez signed a plea agreement for the charge of taking an officer's weapon and was sentenced to two years in prison.

Thanks for pointing that out! My post was kinda being amusing ala “The Texan” and of course she turns out to be part of an “elite” team with her “catlike” reflexes and shoots before truly assessing her threat... am sure that comes from her training
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Officer has been charged and arrested. When I find link I will post
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Reading chatter on another forum. DPD referred the case to the Texas Rangers to handle. Local judge wouldn't sign off on warrant to arrest her for manslaughter because judge thought facts merited a murder charge. Warrant to arrest came from another (close by) county.

Reading chatter on another forum. DPD referred the case to the Texas Rangers to handle. Local judge wouldn't sign off on warrant to arrest her for manslaughter because judge thought facts merited a murder charge. Warrant to arrest came from another (close by) county.
    What would a mundane be charged with in the same circumstances? She intentionally shot the victim, we know that. It was not accidental.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Guyger, who is still on administrative leave from the department, is currently free on $300,000 bail."
    Oh, so she can go home then? One hopes she gets the right door this time...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

BREAKING: Investigator: Dallas police officer said she gave "verbal commands" that neighbor ignored before she fatally shot him.
    https://apnews.com/25044e46567e4f659...-door-was-ajar
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    BREAKING: Investigator: Dallas police officer said she gave "verbal commands" that neighbor ignored before she fatally shot him.
    https://apnews.com/25044e46567e4f659...-door-was-ajar
    Oh now this all makes sense.
    The officer parked her car on the wrong floor of the parking garage which disoriented her and prompted her to go to the wrong apartment. Then she put her key in the door which was slightly ajar so it opened. The apartment was pitch black and she thought a burglar was in the apartment so she commanded the burglar and then opened fire upon him for failure to comply. Now I understand. What a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    ... she put her key in the door which was slightly ajar so it opened. ...
    Not only not locked, but not even closed?

I'm guessing the victim did not keep his front door locked. Hate to speak ill of the dead, but, what an idiot!

Well they’ve had enough time to come up with a plausible explanation... for the investigation anyway
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Latest I've heard is the Texas Rangers have seized the victim's cell phones and laptop and are searching them -- supposedly because they claim something found there could explain why he had his door open and lights off.

It probably has more to do with looking for some way to demonize the deceased. He must not have a criminal record or we would have heard about it by now.

A wide open door around here might get the perpetrator (you know, the criminal piece of $#@! entering your property) shot, not the other way around.

Always wise to knock (you know, when you are entering a home that is not yours).
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    A wide open door around here might get the perpetrator (you know, the criminal piece of $#@! entering your property) shot, not the other way around.

Always wise to knock (you know, when you are entering a home that is not yours).
    Around here we honk our horn when entering the drive then wait for the home owner to call off the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    The "door was ajar" thing sounds like something the cop made up. That sounds a lot better than "he opened the door and startled me, so I shot him." Though of course the blood trail will reveal where he was positioned when he was shot.

Supposedly the lights were out and the man was in his underwear -- nobody in an apartment would get ready for bed without making sure the door was at least closed -- or it seems highly unlikely anyway.

Since it was an electronic lock hopefully it might reveal something (I've read some models keep logs of some things).
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-11-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast