Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cop Goes Home and Enters Wrong Apartment , Shoots and Kills Occupant

Dallas Cop Goes Home and Enters Wrong Apartment , Shoots and Kills Occupant

I'll bet his guy thought he was safe living one block from PD HQ ; probably never imagined he'd be murdered by a cop neighbor. The article says she was unhurt, of course that's what's really important here.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...492675981.html

A Dallas police officer shot and killed a man after entering an apartment unit she believed was her own, police said.

The shooting happened at the South Side Flats before 10 p.m., about one block from the Dallas Police Department Headquarters.

In a news conference early Friday morning, Dallas Sgt. Warren Mitchell said the officer was heading home after working a full shift when she walked into an apartment unit she believed was her own.

After entering the unit, she was confronted by a 26-year-old man, identified by the medical examiner's office as Botham Shem Jean. At some point, the officer fired her weapon, hitting him, police said.

Officers responded to the scene and began to treat the victim, Mitchell said. He was transported to a hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.

The officer involved in the shooting was not hurt. She will be placed on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation, Mitchell said.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-07-2018 at 06:51 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the police cannot even determine where they live, how can they possibly know where suspects reside?

This officer will need emotional support after such a tragic incident.

I would recommend a couple of years paid time off followed by a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    This officer will need emotional support after such a tragic incident.

I would recommend a couple of years paid time off followed by a promotion.
    I suppose some sort of PTSD-disability claim might be possible. Plenty of paid administrative leave first, maybe a return to duty after some "re-training."

Meanwhile, the taxpayers will have to pay out big $$$ to the family for her **** up (as they should, since they refuse to hold these glorified code enforcers accountable).

Hey, it could happen to anybody. Let's not rush to judgement here.
    "The Patriarch"

Regardless of the circumstances, the SCOTUS should take this up and determine that whenever a duly sworn police officer enters any area, all mundanes should immediately assume a prone position to insure safety. Officer acted reasonably for any person that thought they came home to an intruder in their home.

How in the hell does anyone, even an ignorant cop, not recognize their apartment from somebody elses?

I just saw a pic of the murdered young man, he is black, so this may not blow over as easily as it would otherwise. Of course, it doesn't mean there will be justice, but it's a bit more likely -- a lot of it will depend upon whether or not the cop is white.

edit: just saw he's from St. Lucia -- not a local, so less likely there will be much outrage
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-07-2018 at 08:25 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How in the hell does anyone, even an ignorant cop, not recognize their apartment from somebody elses?
    Drunk?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The officer involved in the shooting was not hurt. She will be placed on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation, Mitchell said.
    Anybody else would be in jail hoping to get bonded out.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Anybody else would be in jail hoping to get bonded out.
    Anybody else would either get denied bail or have it set somewhere at 7 figures.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

PTSD, stress, drug intoxication .. ... and I won't be surprised if this happens to more non cops.

And a mundane would have his/her name published immediately -- no "secret police" BS

The ordinary life of a mundane cannot be compared to the life of a police officer. Police officers have constant stress due to constant concern over safety. Their lives are on the line every moment of each day whether on or off duty. Special considerations are in order.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    PTSD, stress, drug intoxication .. ... and I won't be surprised if this happens to more non cops.
    If it's that difficult for people in the concrete jungle to identify which box they're paying for maybe they'd be smart to reevaluate their choices in life.

Stack a prole units all look the same. Besides, the minute she walked into the unit and saw the guy, she had tunnel vision, and saw nothing but him until she properly terminated him.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-08-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm guessing the victim did not keep his front door locked. Hate to speak ill of the dead, but, what an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I'm guessing the victim did not keep his front door locked. Hate to speak ill of the dead, but, what an idiot!
    Yeah, I thought the same thing and was going to make sure DW reads the article as she has on multiple occasions implied I was nuts because I insist on always locking the door even when we are home.

Course, her being a cop, this is not for sure. Maybe she had a master key or he actually opened the door for her. Its not like we can trust her story.

The officer involved in the shooting was not hurt.
    Close call. This brave Officer almost didn't make it back home that day.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Protected and served by another hero in blue.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The occupant I'm guessing was probably very rude to the Officer who entered his home. He basically did this to himself.

Maybe if he had better respect for authority he'd still be alive.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

A lot of things about the news report (about the officer's story) doesn't make much sense.

Does the officer lock her own apartment when she isn't home? If so, did she try to unlock the victim's door with her key?

I think it's far more likely that she knew the victim and her stopping at his apartment after work wasn't an accident. What prompted her to shoot him could be any number of things - jealous/jilted lover, drug deal, etc.

Small price to pay so we can stay safe.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That is almost as stupid as walking into the wrong apartment and summarily executing your neighbor.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You Know I would bet dollars to donuts this officer was a S.W.A.T. member. They regularly seem to end up in the wrong apartment/home and the end results are eerily similar.
    No doubt her training caused to react with catlike reflexes. Poor guy did this to himself for sure!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Most people don't assume some random retard would walk into your unlocked home and summarily execute you.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The occupant was black, leaving the Officer with very little choice but to shoot him.
    - Kim Kardashian

I just saw part of a press conference with the police chief -- from what I could gather the Texas Rangers have taken over case, blood was drawn from the cop, and they will release her name after charges are formally filed. And the cop was white -- lucky for them the victim is a foreign national, not a local.

Now it's time to get busy getting some cops and their family members on the next grand jury. Here in TX the last time I looked on the form you have to fill out for jury duty there's a box that says something like "have you or a family member ever been a peace officer? " Of course I'm sure that doesn't play into how potential jurors are selected.

Why would he lock it? He lived one block from the Police Department HQ. It's probably the safest area in town.
    - Kim Kardashian

A black foreign national in Texas must be up to no good. How many lives did this cop save by executing this black foreign national?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast