Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cop Goes Home and Enters Wrong Apartment , Shoots and Kills Occupant

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I don't see how this, if one were to believe it (and I don't), would have any relevance to this case.
    It's what they do..
    it makes them think any atrocity is acceptable..

they do it by common habit.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-13-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guyger's account in the search warrant seems to differ from her story in the arrest affidavit. According to the warrant, Jean "confronted" Guyger "at the door" while she was trying to get into the apartment. The arrest affidavit, though, says Guyger was able to open the door and then saw Jean "across the room."
    Isn't there a rule against lying to the cops? Two stories can't both be true.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I read somewhere that some peaceful protesters protesting this shooting were immediately arrested, and held for two days, without even a hearing.

Whereas she can walk into another person's domicile, kill that person, not be arrested for three days -- and then is released on bond after a bit over an hour in jail (on a Sunday no less).

No, there is no special treatment for law officers, none at all.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I read somewhere that some peaceful protesters protesting this shooting were immediately arrested, and held for two days, without even a hearing.
    Whereas she can walk into another person's domicile, kill that person, not be arrested for three days -- and then is released on bond after a bit over an hour in jail (on a Sunday no less).
    No, there is no special treatment for law officers, none at all.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/u...tham-jean.html

Her mistake was shooting a black immigrant.

(NEWSER) – The family of a black man who was shot to death in his own apartment by a Dallas cop has brought a lawsuit against both the former police officer and the city of Dallas, the Dallas Morning News reports. The complaint filed by the parents and sister of 26-year-old Botham Jean says Amber Guyger, 30, used excessive force and infringed on Jean's constitutional and civil rights when she entered Jean's apartment by mistake instead of her own on Sept. 6 and gunned him down.

"She simply opened fire without having any knowledge of the true situation," the suit notes, per the Dallas Observer, adding Guyger was "ill-trained" and that other factors, including a past shooting and a pro-cop Pinterest account, "[demonstrate] that she is a dangerous individual with highly violent and anti-social propensities." The Morning News notes the lawsuit will likely be postponed until criminal charges against Guyger make their way through the court. Guyger has been charged with manslaughter and was released on bail. (Guyger was fired from the Dallas Police Department for "adverse conduct.")
    http://www.newser.com/story/266470/f...iles-suit.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I'll bet his guy thought he was safe living one block from PD HQ ; probably never imagined he'd be murdered by a cop neighbor. The article says she was unhurt, of course that's what's really important here.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...492675981.html
    And some people wonder why the psychodouches of antifa call for the execution of police?

How freaking dull can people be?

This reminds me of when three armed thugs showed up at my door, two M4s, one 12 ga., and a 9mm, looking for a fugitive child rapist named James William Campbell. All I saw were four people armed and approaching the house. The guy with the shotgun will never know how close he came to being shot in the head because I really was in a state of confusion over the trespass of three US marshals and one Kanawha county sheriff's deputy.

That $#@!'s got to be reeled in because Mr. Twitchy with the 12 ga., upon seeing the .45 on my hip, came within a hair's breadth of shooting me, all the while hollering every obscenity known to man while threatening to murder me on the spot. Those nitwits didn't even know I was carrying lawfully, being as they came down from NY to arrest me on the assumption I was this Campbell character.

That is how close ANYONE can come to losing their life at the hands of these incompetent, brutal, murdering, bushwhacking scum.

And this is one area where Trump does not shine, with his lips on the boothole of law enforcement. I'd be gutting them like fish, but we all know that will never happen... unless you made me president, of course. Then again, I'd be shot before my first week was up.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/u...tham-jean.html

Her mistake was shooting a black immigrant.
    Her mistake was in NOT shooting herself first.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Dallas police officer who shot man in his own apartment indicted on murder charge

https://q13fox.com/2018/11/30/dallas...murder-charge/
    "The Patriarch"

Grand Jury Indictment..

let's see how that goes..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Dallas police officer who shot man in his own apartment indicted on murder charge

https://q13fox.com/2018/11/30/dallas...murder-charge/
    And this is how they will get her off. It's hard to get murder without premeditation.

When asked why the grand jury indicted Guyger on the more serious offense of murder, Johnson replied, “We presented the evidence and we explained the law.”

Johnson said murder constitutes someone “intentionally and knowingly” committing a crime, whereas manslaughter involves “recklessly doing something.”
    The state will protect it's own They will charge her with murder, then the prosecutor will make a flimsy case so she will get acquitted.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    And this is how they will get her off. It's hard to get murder without premeditation.

The state will protect it's own They will charge her with murder, then the prosecutor will make a flimsy case so she will get acquitted.
    Yup, just going through the motions because black immigrant guy.

The $#@! cp broad that shot that poor 15 year white kid for showing up at his own door with a game controller didn't even get charged IIRC.

Yup, just going through the motions because black immigrant guy.

The $#@! cp broad that shot that poor 15 year white kid for showing up at his own door with a game controller didn't even get charged IIRC.
    Killing a kid who is growing up with white privilege enhances diversity and improves society.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Warrants Show Police Never Searched Amber Guyger’s Apartment, Now It’s Too Late, She’s ‘Vacated’ It

One thing in particular, however, stood out to those paying attention and that is the fact the police didn’t release any information on what they found in Guyger’s apartment. According to the information currently available, that’s because they didn’t search it.

According to WFAA, there were five search warrants issued in the case—none of which were for the killer’s apartment. As WFAA reports:

Two of the warrants allowed investigators to remove the front door of Guyger and Jean’s apartment, their door locks and to download data for their door locks. An inventory return states that they removed both of their door lock and downloaded the data from the door locks.

A third search warrant gave investigators the authority to enter Jean’s apartment and collect additional evidence. A return shows that investigators took photographs of his apartment, made videos of his apartment, conducted “laser measurements of firearm trajectory,” and collected “gunshot residue” from the door frame and kitchen wall of Jean’s apartment.

A return for the fourth search warrant shows investigators seized video from the surveillance camera system in the apartment management’s office.

A fifth search warrant gave investigators the authority to obtain all communications related to the incident in the possession of property management, as well as all surveillance video and all entry and access logs from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. on the night of the shooting.

An inventory return shows investigators seized a USB drive containing the video, an event log report for “linear access doors and gates,” an “elevator access door lock” report and a “lock audit report for both apartments.
    https://thefreethoughtproject.com/gu...arch-warrants/
    "The Patriarch"

Bump for the trial happening this week.

Everyone's on the whistleblower, but I really wanna know what this woman gets charged with.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I haven't followed it real closely, but I guess it's gone to the jury, after the defense has made some sort of "Castle Doctrine" defense claim?

Only a cop could get away with that -- killing an innocent man in his own apt after invading it while claiming the "Castle Doctrine" allows for the killing. Of course, that doctrine should have allowed for Bothom to kill her, but we know how that would have went.

I can't imagine a judge allowing that for a 'civilian' concealed-carrier who did the same. Or allowing him/her to only spend a couple of hours in jail after being charged. Of course, Guyger has received no special treatment whatsoever due to her former cop status
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-30-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    MURDER.
    Right now a spokesman for the family is saying "this was a victory for black people in America."

A shame they always have to make it about race like that -- it's not a "race" problem, it is a police accountability problem, something that can affect anyone, regardless of race.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-01-2019 at 10:42 AM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right now a spokesman for the family is saying "this was a victory for black people in America."

A shame they always have to make it about race like that -- it's not a "race" problem, it is a police accountability problem, something that can affect anyone, regardless of race.
    My condolences to The Texican.

It is such a shame that a fine young officer might go to prison when she's only guilty of taking another drug user off the streets.

Some interesting snippets from this article: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...g-botham-jean/

The Texas Ranger who led the investigation into the shoo ting told jurors how common it was for apartment residents to wind up on the wrong floor of the South Side Flats complex where Guyger and Jean lived. Of the 297 residents his team interviewed, 46 had walked to the wrong floor and put their key in a door that wasn't their own.

The Ranger, David Armstrong, said outside the presence of the jury that he believed Guyger was reasonable when she shot Jean and that he didn't believe she committed a crime. (He was the law enforcement officer who obtained her arrest warrant on a manslaughter charge.)

The prosecution showed a series of explicit texts Guyger and her married police partner, Martin Rivera, had exchanged the day of the shooting. The state tried to argue that Guyger wasn't tired that night, but instead distracted by possible plans they said she had to meet up with Rivera.

Surprised there is not more traffic here about this, to be honest. She was found guilty of murder. How rare is that?

Minimum sentencing???? Any bets?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Minimum sentencing???? Any bets?
    Probably.

And she may have a case for winning an appeal, since (I believe) the DA violated the judge's gag order by giving an interview to a tv station shortly before the start of the trial.

JustUs always wins. Though from what little I saw of the trial it seems like it was prosecuted more vigorously than most cases against cops are.

I suppose it is.

If it had been some hapless white guy, she would have skated.

"this was a victory for black people in America."
    That's why I had to back away from this...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Kind of interesting how the prosecution and media kind of went out of their way to smear her with the sexting and extramarital affair. Other than the fact that she was texting someone at a certain time, it’s hard to see how that was truly relevant to her shooting this innocent guy in his own apartment.

Was she convicted of a 1st degree murder, like a premeditated murder? Was there evidence to support that? Was there a motive?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I suppose it is.

If it had been some hapless white guy, she would have skated.

That's why I had to back away from this...
    Sometimes verdicts represent the facts in the case. Sometimes they represent outside factors...

The mayor of Dallas, the police chief and the Dallas County district attorney are all black, as is the judge presiding over this case. Of the 12 jurors and four alternates, seven are African-American, four appear to be white and five are of other races and ethnicities.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/u...tham-jean.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast