Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Trump should use lie-detector tests to find anonymous op-ed author

Rand Paul: Trump should use lie-detector tests to find anonymous op-ed author

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Thursday that President Trump should use lie-detector tests to find out which senior administration official authored an anonymous op-ed in The New York Times this week blasting the president.
    The author, who is only identified as “a senior official” in the Trump administration, claimed there is resistance within the White House by otherwise loyal Republicans to what they see as Trump’s “amorality” and “anti-trade and anti-democratic” impulses.

Paul said Trump should investigate and use lie detector tests to identify the person, who also claimed in the op-ed that Cabinet officials have quietly discussed using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office.

“It’s not unprecedented for people with security clearances to be asked whether or not they’re revealing things against the law under oath and also by lie detector,” Paul said.

“We use the lie-detector test routinely for CIA agents and FBI agents,” he argued. “If you have a security clearance in the White House, I think it would be acceptable to use a lie detector test and ask people whether or not they’re taking to the media against the policy of the White House.”
    Full article:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nonymous-op-ed
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lie detectors can be beaten but it's a start.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post

Full article:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nonymous-op-ed

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand Paul has to be one of Trump's most trusted people. He's probably helping him hunt down the scum. Being the loner in the U.S. Senate helps you identify the enemy easily.

Imagine Hillary were POTUS and her party wanted Lie Detector's used. I would think that would be well accepted.

That is potentially dangerous. I can't believe Rand suggested such a thing. Let's use the lie detector on everybody in every company. MAGA! More liberty for everybody! We cannot tolerate people with a different opinion in our society. We must all be and think the exact same.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-06-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That is potentially dangerous. I can't believe Rand suggested such a thing. Let's use the lie detector on everybody in every company. MAGA! More liberty for everybody! We cannot tolerate people with a different opinion in our society. We must all be and think the exact same.

Oh-mer-gerds, subjecting public officials to lie detector tests is potentially dangerous! I mean, it might undermine trust in public officials.

Lol. You're such an idiot.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's turn to play 47D chess. I think Rand is trolling Trump. If Trump administers lie detector tests, more outrage will be evoked, and the eventual demise of this administration is accelerated. I guess that's the logical endgame for the politics of deconstruction. If he doesn't force his staff to take LD tests, makes Trump look like the pussy he is.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Rand's turn to play 47D chess. I think Rand is trolling Trump. If Trump administers lie detector tests, more outrage will be evoked, and the eventual demise of this administration is accelerated. I guess that's the logical endgame for the politics of deconstruction. If he doesn't force his staff to take LD tests, makes Trump look like the pussy he is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I've always said that the Vichy GOP is ten times worse than the demo globalists. Most of the Resistance in Trump's admin is likely GOP!

I bet the mole is John Bolton.

Lightbulb Lie detectors can be beaten

"Fight fire with fire... waterboarding not tough enough"?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Trump/Paul 2020
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I've always said that the Vichy GOP is ten times worse than the demo globalists. Most of the Resistance in Trump's admin is likely GOP!
    It's simply the neo-cons. Right or left. The white shirts that have been sucking at the teats.

Wow, Rand, congrats. Made the Drudge.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's not potentially anything. you don't have an inherent right to work at the white house. If somebody doesn't want to take the test, they can quit at will. I'm surprised it isn't already standard.

FYI, If you want certain jobs at weapons manufacturers like Lockheed, you are submitted to regular, often suprise, lie detector testing. Can’t see why it wouldn’t be the case to have the same in the instance when a purported saboteur is in the White House, trying to derail the elected President’s work.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

If you believe this anonymous person is real which I don't, then it shows that Trump idea of filling his admin with Washington insiders has backfired on him. My theory says that the anonymous whistle blower is a fake, its all a bunch of drama set up by the deep state to give his remaining supporters the perception that the establishment is against him.

If he really wants to deal with the mole, then he should fire everybody and replacement with non Washington insiders, but we know that he would never do that. You can beat a lie detector test easy

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    I bet the mole is John Bolton.
    A good possibility, and extra delicious for Rand if true.

If a lie detector test doesn't get it out of him, he should be water-boarded just to be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If you believe this anonymous person is real which I don't, then it shows that Trump idea of filling his admin with Washington insiders has backfired on him. My theory says that the anonymous whistle blower is a fake, its all a bunch of drama set up by the deep state to give his remaining supporters the perception that the establishment is against him.

If he really wants to deal with the mole, then he should fire everybody and replacement with non Washington insiders, but we know that he would never do that. You can beat a lie detector test easy
    I'm kinda with you on the belief that the entire op-ed was merely a fictional construct by a failing sNewz organ. But, I'm all FOR "Lie-detector Tuesdays!" of government functionaries as well as "Urinalysis Thursdays." Draw a random number. If that number matches the last digit of their S.S.N. then into the tiny room with you.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand Paul has to be one of Trump's most trusted people. He's probably helping him hunt down the scum. Being the loner in the U.S. Senate helps you identify the enemy easily.
    Rand will go to the mat with Trump on issues they disagree on, but I think you're right about the trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Lie detectors can be beaten but it's a start.
    And they're only marginally better than 50/50 in a population untrained in counter measures. I don't know why law enforcement use them at all, especially in agencies like the CIA where they'll be educated in counter measures.

I wonder why Rand really suggested this? The odds of it working are practically zero. If I was to guess, Rand is trying to portray Trump's cabinet as potentially treacherous in the eye of the public. This would increrase the likelihood of Trump booting some if his cabinet, something Rand wants. Rand appearing loyal to Trump also increases the likelihood that Rand might get some input of who to replace these people with.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    And they're only marginally better than 50/50 in a population untrained in counter measures. I don't know why law enforcement use them at all, especially in agencies like the CIA where they'll be educated in counter measures.

I wonder why Rand really suggested this? The odds of it working are practically zero. If I was to guess, Rand is trying to portray Trump's cabinet as potentially treacherous in the eye of the public. This would increrase the likelihood of Trump booting some if his cabinet, something Rand wants. Rand appearing loyal to Trump also increases the likelihood that Rand might get some input of who to replace these people with.
    Pretty amazing job to have being POTUS. Imagine Trump having multiple scandal's and non stop inquiries and still get things done against literally all odds. I don't know if anybody could do any better than Trump given his situation. Rand could learn a lot. Trump knows how to keep things going from all angles and it doesn't seem to phase him.

That is potentially dangerous. I can't believe Rand suggested such a thing.
    How much would we have to money bomb to get you on a lie detector test?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post

Easy peezy. Threaten lie detector tests. All government employees that Google "How to beat a lie detector test" go to the top of the list for additional interrogation.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wow, Rand, congrats. Made the Drudge.
    I am unsure if the CLEANING LADY flunks it or if MRS. MITCH of KY flunks it.
    This idea if done by TRUMP could backfire on RAND if it's the missus who quits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    I am unsure if the CLEANING LADY flunks it or if MRS. MITCH of KY flunks it.
    This idea if done by TRUMP could backfire on RAND if it's the missus who quits.
    Yeah, I've never been able to understand you. So, please don't even try.

Mitch's legislative achievements are being under-appreciated. There is a section that delves into 'em!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast