Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Google WILL have your phone #, the government will make sure

  1. #1

    Google WILL have your phone #, the government will make sure

    Now when I try to log into my google account to access gmail, hangouts, or youtube, I get a message from Google:
    "Verify it's you
    This device isn't recognized. For your security, Google wants to make sure it's really you."

    Every option they give to sign into your account involves connecting the Google account to your phone which must be connected to the internet.
    There is an option to send a code to a backup email, which I tried, but the code doesn't work unless the backup email is also connected to a phone number.
    I don't have a smart phone and I don't plan on getting one so long as I can't trust them. And Google is NOT getting my cell phone number. I wouldn't even use Google except...

    my (public) school requires us to use Google with the Google chromebook wiretaps they gave us to do school work, and all of our teachers have to use Google Classroom, whether they like it or not.

    I wouldn't use Google if the government didn't force me to for school, just as I suspect the country wouldn't use unbacked paper as currency if the government didn't force us to when we pay their taxes. Government gets in the way again to make our lives worse.

    Does anyone know how to get around the phone number verification? If there is no way, I will have to get a junk phone just for the purpose of verifying.
    If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
    Ron Paul



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Google already has your GPS location.
    “Maybe I forgot to mention something to you: I don’t believe in queens. You think freedom is something you can give and take on a whim. But to your people, freedom is as essential as air. And without it, there is no life. There is only darkness.” -Zaheer

    "A man chooses. A slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan

    "There are three things the parasite hates: free markets, free will, and free men."-Andrew Ryan

  4. #3
    I'm not clear on some of these details. You have some kind of flip-phone, but having trouble with a Chromebook required for your school? Are you trying to log-in to Google Play? Or this Google Classroom App? Are you using different Chromebooks?

    I'd guess what is really going on is they want to Text you an authentication code and when you receive it, provide it as part of your login. If this is for the school system, just bug someone in the office for a minute that has a smartphone to use their number, get the text message, and move on.

    If all else fails, ask a teenager.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 09-05-2018 at 01:24 PM.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Google already has your GPS location.
    Thats NOT a reason to just give up and give it all to Googlag. That IS a reason to stop using ANYTHING by Google.

    People are now aware of how they are being manipulated by Facebook, and closing their accts in droves. Not everyone, and there are more than plenty staying also because they believe all the rhetoric. It is time for people to start closing Google accounts, and EVERYTHING by them, and flat out REFUSING to give Google and Govt your phone number. It is time for PUBLIC DISOBEDIENCE.

    We have a Constitutional Right to Free Speech
    We have a Constitutional Right to Remain Silent
    We have a Constitutional Right to Privacy
    We have a Constitutional Right to other Rights not specifically enumerated

    Do we NOT have a Right to Communicate?
    Do we NOT have a Right to be FREE of Surveillance?
    Do we NOT have a Right to NOT LISTEN?
    Do we NOT have a Right to NOT BE LISTENED TO?
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    You are Ron Paul's Media!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  6. #5
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DamianTV again.

  7. #6
    A prototype of Google's censored search engine for China links users' searches to their personal phone numbers, "thus making it easier for the Chinese government to monitor people's queries," reports The Intercept.

    The search engine, codenamed Dragonfly, revolves around the Android platform and is designed to remove content deemed by government officials to be sensitive or offensive - such as information about protests, free speech, political dissidents, democracy and human rights violations.
    Sources familiar with the project said that prototypes of the search engine linked the search app on a user’s Android smartphone with their phone number. This means individual people’s searches could be easily tracked – and any user seeking out information banned by the government could potentially be at risk of interrogation or detention if security agencies were to obtain the search records from Google.
    ...
    the search platform also appeared to have been tailored to replace weather and air pollution data with information provided directly by an unnamed source in Beijing. The Chinese government has a record of manipulating details about pollution in the country’s cities. One Google source said the company had built a system, integrated as part of Dragonfly, that was “essentially hardcoded to force their [Chinese-provided] data.” -The Intercept
    "This is very problematic from a privacy point of view, because it would allow far more detailed tracking and profiling of people’s behavior," says Human Rights Watch senior internet research Cynthia Wong. "Linking searches to a phone number would make it much harder for people to avoid the kind of overreaching government surveillance that is pervasive in China."
    Human rights groups have slammed Dragonfly, insisting that it could result in Google "directly contributing to, or [becoming] complicit in, human rights violations."
    Google engineers agree - and they've been resigning over the ethical concerns with the project
    Approximately 1,400 Google employees have signed a letter circulating within the company, asking executives to explain exactly what the hell is going on.


    Interestingly, sometime between late April and early May, Google dropped their "Don't be evil" motto of 17 years. Maybe Turkish television has it right?


    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...eers-quit-over
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by not.your.average.joe View Post
    Now when I try to log into my google account to access gmail, hangouts, or youtube, I get a message from Google:
    "Verify it's you
    This device isn't recognized. For your security, Google wants to make sure it's really you."

    Every option they give to sign into your account involves connecting the Google account to your phone which must be connected to the internet.
    There is an option to send a code to a backup email, which I tried, but the code doesn't work unless the backup email is also connected to a phone number.
    I don't have a smart phone and I don't plan on getting one so long as I can't trust them. And Google is NOT getting my cell phone number. I wouldn't even use Google except...

    my (public) school requires us to use Google with the Google chromebook wiretaps they gave us to do school work, and all of our teachers have to use Google Classroom, whether they like it or not.

    I wouldn't use Google if the government didn't force me to for school, just as I suspect the country wouldn't use unbacked paper as currency if the government didn't force us to when we pay their taxes. Government gets in the way again to make our lives worse.

    Does anyone know how to get around the phone number verification? If there is no way, I will have to get a junk phone just for the purpose of verifying.
    Drop Google, use one of the many, secure (free) email providers available.

    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Thats NOT a reason to just give up and give it all to Googlag. That IS a reason to stop using ANYTHING by Google.

    People are now aware of how they are being manipulated by Facebook, and closing their accts in droves. Not everyone, and there are more than plenty staying also because they believe all the rhetoric. It is time for people to start closing Google accounts, and EVERYTHING by them, and flat out REFUSING to give Google and Govt your phone number. It is time for PUBLIC DISOBEDIENCE.

    We have a Constitutional Right to Free Speech
    We have a Constitutional Right to Remain Silent
    We have a Constitutional Right to Privacy
    We have a Constitutional Right to other Rights not specifically enumerated

    Do we NOT have a Right to Communicate?
    Do we NOT have a Right to be FREE of Surveillance?
    Do we NOT have a Right to NOT LISTEN?
    Do we NOT have a Right to NOT BE LISTENED TO?
    Your relationship with Google in contractual, it's all spelled out in their user agreement.

    Google isn't the government. They're not going to raid your house at 3am and force you create a gmail account.

    Don't like it (and you shouldn't), don't use their services.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-17-2018 at 08:32 PM.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Drop Google, use one of the many, secure (free) email providers available.



    Your relationship with Google in contractual, it's all spelled out in their user agreement.

    Google isn't the government. They're not going to raid your house at 3am and force you create a gmail account.

    Don't like it (and you shouldn't), don't use their services.
    They wont. But they are more than happy to sell your data to someone who might burn your house down. Google would have been more than happy to sell info on who was Jewish to the Nazis if they had existed back then.

    There is no right or wrong. Its all subjective. The ones that subjectively interpret what you do right as wrong are the ones you have to watch out for.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 09-18-2018 at 04:20 AM.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    You are Ron Paul's Media!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    I am not a tech savvy person but I would think it wouldn't be too hard to have third party google searches. So basically you belong to one search engine that is private and secure and that entity searches all available sources but doesn't report to anyone.



Similar Threads

  1. Google Can Tell if Someone Is Looking at Your Phone Over Your Shoulder
    By DamianTV in forum Privacy & Data Security
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 06:24 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM
  5. WTF? Google wants a phone number now?
    By nobody's_hero in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 07:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •