Thread: Netherlands: Flying Spaghetti Monster Is Not A God And Pastafarianism Is Not A Religion

Netherlands: Flying Spaghetti Monster Is Not A God And Pastafarianism Is Not A Religion

A Dutch court has ruled that Pastafarianism is not a real religion and that its alleged god, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, cannot legitimately demand that its adherents wear pasta strainers in their identification photos.
    Mienke de Wilde, a law student in the Netherlands, claimed to be a practicing member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and tried to wear a colander to take her drivers license and passport photo, The Guardian reported Thursday. The court ruled that the “religion” is actually closer to a satire than a real faith.

More at: http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/16/ne...hetti-monster/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dutch court rules Scientology tax-exempt

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...taxes/3001465/

Oct. 17, 2013

AMSTERDAM (AP) — A Dutch court has ruled the Amsterdam arm of Scientology is a charitable organization and exempt from paying taxes.

The ruling by the Amsterdam Appeals Court overturns a lower court ruling that Scientology should be taxed because it charges adherents for classes.

The appeal court ruled that Scientology's classes "don't differ significantly from what other spiritual organizations do, or can do." It noted there are payment exemptions for members who can't afford them.

While Scientology is recognized as a religion in the U.S., some countries have classified it as a business or a sect and curtailed its activities.

The Los Angeles-based Church of Scientology, founded in 1954 by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, teaches that technology can expand the mind and help solve problems. It claims 10 million members worldwide.

Safe to say that judges here don't follow any original intent but rather think they are above it all, shaping the world they want to live in.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Safe to say that judges here don't follow any original intent but rather think they are above it all, shaping the world they want to live in.
    Isn't it nice to have such a power?

The flying spaghetti monster is god to me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    They don't want to shape the world. They just want tax dollars.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The Church of the Sub-Genious is the real deal.

Give me Slack!

Lightbulb Popehat with holes - Pastafarian

It's really just a popehat with holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."