Thread: Whosa good boy? You are, that's who. Yes, gooooood boy....

Whosa good boy? You are, that's who. Yes, gooooood boy....

Guess no parade and funeral for Benzi.

An officer is attacked by his own police dog. He had to shoot it to escape, police say

A Columbus, Ohio, police officer had to shoot his own K9 partner Saturday after the dog turned on him during a training exercise, police say.

Officer Brian Carter was “verbally correcting” Benzi, a 3-year-old Belgian Malinois, when the dog began biting him about 9 a.m. at the department’s K9 center, police wrote in a press release.

Carter, who suffered serious bites to his forearms, shot Benzi to stop the attack, police reported.

Carter, who required a tourniquet to stop his bleeding, underwent surgery, police said, and Benzi was later euthanized at a veterinary hospital.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-w...217744755.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That cop is a straight up $#@!.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Now, let's say this dog went berserk on one of us hapless mundanes.

Let's further assume that we were innocent of anything...just happened to be walking by, or at one of those stupid "meet a cop" PR stunts.

If we shot that dog to end a life threatening attack that started for no reason, with no suspicion of anything criminal at all...what do you suppose would happen to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Now, let's say this dog went berserk on one of us hapless mundanes.

Let's further assume that we were innocent of anything...just happened to be walking by, or at one of those stupid "meet a cop" PR stunts.

If we shot that dog to end a life threatening attack that started for no reason, with no suspicion of anything criminal at all...what do you suppose would happen to us?
    Congratulations, mundane. YOU just killed a POLICE OFFICER. It is not only a local or state felony, it is a FEDERAL felony. It will cost YOU up to $1,000 and 10 years in pound your ass prison.
    If you survive the Blue Bloods retaliation that is.

Great thread title, lol
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

There should be no police dogs at all . Problem solved.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How, exactly, are dogs capable of swearing an oath?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Congratulations, mundane. YOU just killed a POLICE OFFICER. It is not only a local or state felony, it is a FEDERAL felony. It will cost YOU up to $1,000 and 10 years in pound your ass prison.
    If you survive the Blue Bloods retaliation that is.
    Rhetorical question and answer is rhetorical.

I owe you a rep.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I owe you a rep.
    We got enough rep between us, brother. No worries. As long as we can keep amusing ourselves with dark humor then we are on the same page.

This had to happen sooner or later the way they go around killing dogs right and left, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I owe you a rep.
    Covered.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They save money. Fewer police officers need to keep the savages (Injuns) in line.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

No love for Benzi?

No love for Benzi?

Oh , fer $#@!s sake. As if Johnny McKilleverybody wasn't bad enough.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Seriously...I thought the same thing.

For $#@!'s sake.

Seriously...I thought the same thing.

For $#@!'s sake.
    Trouble with Benzi is he bit the hand of his handler. Went from hero...to zero. They said he was being "corrected" when he bit. Wonder if it was the kinda correction this police dog received...

Kinda like this dog....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ack-w-back-pay

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trouble with Benzi is he bit the hand of his handler. Went from hero...to zero. They said he was being "corrected" when he bit. Wonder if it was the kinda correction this police dog received...

Kinda like this dog....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ack-w-back-pay
    It's all good. They can beat the snot out of them but if you lay a hand on in self defense it's prison for you.
    "The Patriarch"

It's all good. They can beat the snot out of them but if you lay a hand on in self defense it's prison for you.
    Yeah. That's the "official" statement. But the dog didn't almost tear his arm off over "verbal commands."

Yeah. That's the "official" statement. But the dog didn't almost tear his arm off over "verbal commands."
    Ya, I doubt it. Did they test him for the liberty virus?
    "The Patriarch"

Oh, chit, I unloaded on their FB page. $#@! 'em.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

If a police dog started attacking you, even if you were innocent, and you killed it to save yourself, I believe that is a crime that you could decades in prison for.

Ya, I doubt it. Did they test him for the liberty virus?
    I suppose it's much like rabies. Have to kill the critter and chop off the head to test.

Dig a bit Deeper and look for Solutions.

Im not one for trying to place blame when it comes to animals. Animals are honest to a tee when compared to the humans that think they own them. So what does this really show here? Does this show that the Cop had taught the dog to be fearful of both Humans and Authority? Is that any different than People? If he treated a dog in such a way that the dog had turned on him, how would he treat People? Would this dog still have turned on his Cop Owner if the dog had been treated with respect and not taught that everything is a threat?

This shouldnt be limited in scope to just the Cop and specific Police Dog, but seen as a reflection of how we all treat dogs, and how Cops treat other Everyone and Every Thing.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Dig a bit Deeper and look for Solutions.

Im not one for trying to place blame when it comes to animals. Animals are honest to a tee when compared to the humans that think they own them. So what does this really show here? Does this show that the Cop had taught the dog to be fearful of both Humans and Authority? Is that any different than People? If he treated a dog in such a way that the dog had turned on him, how would he treat People? Would this dog still have turned on his Cop Owner if the dog had been treated with respect and not taught that everything is a threat?

This shouldnt be limited in scope to just the Cop and specific Police Dog, but seen as a reflection of how we all treat dogs, and how Cops treat other Everyone and Every Thing.
    Dogs also sense your attitude towards them, Kops have been trained to treat dogs as an enemy lately.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Dogs also sense your attitude towards them, Kops have been trained to treat dogs as an enemy lately.
    Cops are trained and conditioned to see everything and everyone as a criminal. Not just dogs, and not common working age men in their primes, not just brown people of any varying shade, but little old ladies, babies, people in diabetic comas, people in hospital beds, people running away, people who are unconscious, people who have been injured, the deaf, the blind, everyone.

There is training, and there is conditioning.

The conditioning aspect comes more as a result of responding to calls. Two people going at it, and always some sort of $#@! bad enough that someone felt the need to call the cops. Hell, people call the cops if $#@!ing facebook goes down for 10 seconds! They have been conditioned thru their experiences of continued interactions with stupidiotic morons that would not be trusted with a $#@!ing potato gun. It weighs heavily on the psyche, results in divorce and tremendous marital problems because they bring those problems home with them. Then they give up and sell out, start making deals with local gangs and dealers to keep tabs on people really causing problems. The end result is that because their experience with other corrupt cops, judges, DEAs, morons, criminals, adult children, and their own $#@!ed psyches, they see not a single other human being as having any value what so ever.

THAT is what needs to change.

Same way as in the OP the dog turned on its owner, they need to earn the trust of their communities again. Get out of the cop cars and start interacting with everyone as people, not suspects. Thats really the only way that we can ultimately stop this War of Escalation. Yesterday it was a dog, tomorrow it will be someones kid.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.