View Poll Results: Is being free overrated?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 8.33%
  • No

9 75.00%
  • What?

1 8.33%
  • Other

1 8.33%

Thread: Is being free overrated?

Cool Is being free overrated?

Poll attached.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More like underrated these days.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never
    Do something Danke

It'll never be overrated.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"Free" as in no cost or "free" as in unbound by authority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

America is freest country in the world, in fact the universe.

So if you don't like freedom, you can get out
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    America is freest country in the world, in fact the universe.

So if you don't like freedom, you can get out
    iknorite? We have so much $#@!ing freedom we can export it at no expense to our victims. Who else can boast that?
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    iknorite? We have so much $#@!ing freedom we can export it at no expense to our victims. Who else can boast that?
    It's not our fault they try to fight back against the freedom we give them. It would go so much easier for them if they'd just lie back and try to enjoy it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"[U]nbound by authority"? How quaint. Haven't you heard? We're all "Goldilocks" liberty advocates nowadays. You know, a little bit of robbery, rape and murder is "just right."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's not our fault they try to fight back against the freedom we give them. It would go so much easier for them if they'd just lie back and try to enjoy it

'Murica! $#@! yeah!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

There are places where escaping from prison is not illegal because our desire to be free is as natural as eating and sleeping. Is it over-rated? No I don't think so, I think its under-rated. People are always more than willing to sell other peoples freedom for handouts, what we have is prisoner's dilemma on a large scale..

Absolutely not. Freedom enables individual growth with unlimited potential. Slavery enables growth at the expense of others.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "[U]nbound by authority"? How quaint. Haven't you heard? We're all "Goldilocks" liberty advocates nowadays. You know, a little bit of robbery, rape and murder is "just right."

Free as in Beer.. "Free Beer Tomorrow"
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    There are places where escaping from prison is not illegal because our desire to be free is as natural as eating and sleeping.
    I know of no such place.

But I did walk out and back inside a prison with 20 years still over my head.. (cool looking back)
    And was fighting fire Unsupervised in the City of Moberly Mo. and returned to Prison,, on the truck.

I was a Free Man in prison,,, Perhaps I have a somewhat different perspective.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Free as in Beer.. "Free Beer Tomorrow"
    oic. In that case, TANSTAAFL. No *thing* in this world is truly free unless it's super-abundant.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I know of no such place.

But I did walk out and back inside a prison with 20 years still over my head.. (cool looking back)
    And was fighting fire Unsupervised in the City of Moberly Mo. and returned to Prison,, on the truck.

I was a Free Man in prison,,, Perhaps I have a somewhat different perspective.
    This is the one I was thinking, there might be more.

Prison escape in Belgium is not punishable by law, but escaped prisoners are punished if they commit criminal offenses in the course of trying to break out. Nine out of ten inmates who manage to escape are arrested again.
    Belgian criminals escape from prison in helicopter

the helicopter was abandoned at Aalter, on the outskirts of Bruges. The criminals then seized a vehicle from a nearby petrol station, later switching cars and taking a female driver hostage before dropping her off at Melle in Flanders, according to the police.

One of the accomplices stayed behind in the prison yard, possibly because of limited space aboard the helicopter, the spokesman said.

He will be charged with hostage taking. .

No, but it does need to be put in its proper place as one aspect of a thriving society, not the totality of said society as a whole. Modern understandings of economics as added to by Mises and the like need to be synthesized with more ancient conceptions of liberty and more "traditional" modes of statecraft. It's time to come to the realization that significant chunks of liberalism were just wrong. More and more, we're living in the shadow of the French Revolution, not British liberties.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.