Thread: Pope Francis Is Keeping His Hammer-and-Sickle Crucifix

Pope Francis Is Keeping His Hammer-and-Sickle Crucifix

Last week the Marxist quasi-dictator of Bolivia, Evo Morales, presented Pope Francis with a gift — a carved wooden hammer-and-sickle cross on which the figure of Christ is crucified.
    The Vatican announced that the pope had not been informed in advance about the gift. And some commentators said that photos of the pope and Morales show that the pope was actually offended. That was a false — probably wishful — interpretation. The pope himself later announced that he was keeping the hammer-and-sickle crucifix and taking it home, saying, “I understand this work. For me it wasn’t an offense.”

And “Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi . . . said he personally wasn’t offended by Morales’ gift” (the Guardian).
    The pope’s acceptance of Morales’s gift — along with his attacks on capitalism during his Latin American tour — further confirms one of the most troubling moral developments of our time: The Roman Catholic Church is currently led by a man whose social, political, and economic views have been shaped by leftism more than by any other religious or moral system.

In terms of evil committed, what is the difference between the hammer and sickle and the swastika? Would the pope receive, let alone keep, a Fascist, racist, or Nazi sculpture with a crucified Christ on it? Of course not. Yet the hammer and sickle represents more human suffering than all of them combined. The number of people enslaved and murdered under the hammer and sickle dwarfs the number of people enslaved and murdered by any other doctrine in history.
    To make things worse, Pope Francis received this gift from a man (Morales) wearing a picture of Che Guevara on his jacket. Is that, too, not worthy of condemnation by the Vatican? Che Guevara devoted his life to undermining human liberty, and to killing innocents in the name of Communism.

What if, in a visit to an American museum, American artist Andres Serrano had presented Pope Francis with a gift — his work of art, Piss Christ — that features a crucifix in a jar of Serrano’s urine?

Would the pope have accepted it? Would he have brought it home?
    There could not have been a gift that more accurately represents this pope’s value system than Christ crucified on a hammer and sickle. First, in a literal sense, that is exactly what Communists have done wherever they have assumed power — crucified Christ by working to violently destroy Christianity and murder Christians. Second, in a figurative sense, the gift represents the mélange of Christianity and Marxism, precisely what much of the Church — again, especially in Latin America, and especially in the person of this pope — stands for.

More at: https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...kle-communist/
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 11-30-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Should we care? (and the event was in 2015- three years before the OP)

During a news conference en route home to Rome on Sunday, Francis said he interpreted Morales’ gift through the prism of Espinal’s Marxist bent and viewed it as protest art.

After taking into consideration the time in which he lived, Francis said: “I understand this work. For me it wasn’t an offense.”
    The crucifix was a replica of one designed by a Jesuit priest, the Reverend Luís Espinal, who was tortured and killed by Bolivian paramilitary squads in 1980. Francis prayed at the site of Espinal’s assassination upon his arrival in Bolivia.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...x-gift-bolivia

It seems peculiar to put Jesus on a hammer as a show of appreciation when he was killed by being nailed to a cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is a reminder of the Pope's communist leanings.

During a news conference en route home to Rome on Sunday, Francis said he interpreted Morales’ gift through the prism of Espinal’s Marxist bent and viewed it as protest art.
    He recognized it as communist and yet he kept it.

After taking into consideration the time in which he lived, Francis said: “I understand this work. For me it wasn’t an offense.” The crucifix was a replica of one designed by a Jesuit priest, the Reverend Luís Espinal, who was tortured and killed by Bolivian paramilitary squads in 1980. Francis prayed at the site of Espinal’s assassination upon his arrival in Bolivia.

Jesuits and commies run together all the time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    It seems peculiar to put Jesus on a hammer as a show of appreciation when he was killed by being nailed to a cross.
    Jesus WAS a carpenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is a reminder of the Pope's communist leanings.

He recognized it as communist and yet he kept it.

Jesuits and commies run together all the time.
    The Church welcomes everybody.

The Church welcomes everybody.
    Even Satanists?
    Don't be absurd, communists are anti-Christ Atheists whose means and ends are entirely antithetical to Christianity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova - all Christians here

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Matthew 7:15

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”

King James Version (KJV)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, like the swastika the hammer and sickle is a symbol that represents the murder of millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yes, like the swastika the hammer and sickle is a symbol that represents the murder of millions.
    Trump should stay far away from Putin. He was commie KGB. (the man who made the cross was tortured and killed by the Bolivian government which included Communists- the piece was said to be a protest against them).

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Trump should stay far away from Putin. He was commie KGB.
    But that was before 2015 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Trump should stay far away from Putin. He was commie KGB.
    Putin is the leader of Russia, we must deal with him, the only way it would be the same is if Putin gave him a hammer and sickle wall ornament and he kept it.

(the man who made the cross was tortured and killed by the Bolivian government which included Communists- the piece was said to be a protest against them).
    Communists kill other communists all the time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Putin is the leader of Russia, we must deal with him, the only way it would be the same is if Putin gave him a hammer and sickle wall ornament and he kept it.
    And Morales is the head of Bolivia. It is exactly the same thing. A head of state presented a gift.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.

And Morales is the head of Bolivia. It is exactly the same thing.
    Has Putin given Trump a Hammer and sickle wall ornament that he kept?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has Putin given Trump a Hammer and sickle wall ornament that he kept?
    Better. A soccer ball with a chip hidden inside. https://www.businessinsider.com/puti...smitter-2018-7

Presidents are restricted on accepting gifts. If they want to keep them they are usually required to purchase them from the State Department. Unless the value is less than $375.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 06:44 PM.

I like his matching hammer/sickle necklace.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Better. A soccer ball with a chip hidden inside. https://www.businessinsider.com/puti...smitter-2018-7

Presidents are restricted on accepting gifts. If they want to keep them they are usually required to purchase them from the State Department. Unless the value is less than $375.
    That's an expensive soccer ball.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I like his matching hammer/sickle necklace.

Nice catch.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I didn't know soccer balls were a symbol of evil and tyranny, tell us more.

You do know the chip was standard equipment, right?

From your favorite anti-Trump source:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/07/...ll-putin-chip/

The notion that the gift from Putin was bugged gained more attention after Bloomberg commented on the probable existence of a small Near Field Communication (NFC) chip implanted in the ball. “Putin gave Trump a soccer ball that may have a transmitter chip,” CNN reported. “Yep, That Soccer Ball That Vladimir Putin Gave to Trump Had a Transmitter Chip,” read a headline at The Root. Missing from these and similar headlines was the fact that every single Adidas ball of this model incorporates an NFC chip that provides customers with “exclusive” content.

By tapping a mobile phone to these NFC-chipped balls, the Adidas website explains, users will be directed to the “Telstar 18 experience”:
    The experience offers different functionalities like exclusive information about the product, adidas football content, special competitions and challenges, etc. Features will be updated so… keep tapping!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But sticking a transmitter in a soccer ball and handing it to Trump is perhaps a bit too obvious.
    And besides, the Adidas AG ball already has one, here, under the Wi-Fi symbol:

According to the Adidas website, the near-field-communication chip embedded under the logo "is passive" and can only send out information.

Users who swipe down, activate NFC, and touch the ball with their phone receive "functionalities like exclusive information about the product, Adidas football content, special competitions, and challenges."
    And it doesn't store information on how the ball is used — though the tag can be updated to add new features.
    Bloomberg asked Adidas whether the chip "could be a vector of a Russian hack," and Adidas refused to comment.
    On its website, however, Adidas says it is "not possible to delete or rewrite the encoded parameters" of the NFC tag.

I'm sure Trump peeled the sticker off.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Wow, its a good thing they caught that. Imagine the damage that could have caused, if Trump accidentally scanned that NFC chip with his phone and then received more information on Adidas products!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.