Thread: Vatican Official Accuses Pope Francis Of Covering Up Sexual Abuse, Calls For Resignation

Exclamation Vatican Official Accuses Pope Francis Of Covering Up Sexual Abuse, Calls For Resignation

In an extraordinary 11-page written testament, one which the NYT's Ross Douthat called a "truly historic bombshell", a former papal nunco, or Vatican ambassador, to the US, it does what many have called for, and offers testimony concerning "who in the hierarchy knew what, and when," about the crimes of Cardinal McCarrick. The testimony implicates a host of high-ranking churchmen. And the pope.
    Annnnnd in the evening's *other* news, this document is quite possibly a truly historic bombshell in the life of the Roman Catholic Church. https://t.co/cxY3xNi76g
    — Ross Douthat (@DouthatNYT) August 26, 2018
    Vigano said that he told Pope Francis in 2013 about allegations of sexual abuse against a prominent priest — and that Francis took no action. Now, the former official, Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, 77, is calling for Francis to step down.
    Vigano made the allegations in a lengthy statement that concludes with a call for Francis' resignation:
    "In this extremely dramatic moment for the universal Church, he must acknowledge his mistakes and, in keeping with the proclaimed principle of zero tolerance, Pope Francis must be the first to set a good example to Cardinals and Bishops who covered up McCarrick's abuses and resign along with all of them."
    The former Vatican official, who served as apostolic nuncio in Washington D.C. from 2011 to 2016, said that in the late 2000s, Benedict had “imposed on Cardinal McCarrick sanctions similar to those now imposed on him by Pope Francis” and that Viganò personally told Pope Francis about those sanctions in 2013.

Archbishop Viganò then said in his written statement that Pope Francis “continued to cover” for McCarrick and not only did he “not take into account the sanctions that Pope Benedict had imposed on him” but also made McCarrick “his trusted counselor.” Vigano said that the former archbishop of Washington advised the Pope to appoint a number of bishops in the United States, including Cardinals Blase Cupich of Chicago and Joseph Tobin of Newark.
    CBS News spoke by telephone to Vigano, who confirmed he wrote the statement and said he was speaking out now "to combat the grave situation in the church, to protect the church and also to stop future abuse." He told CBS News producer Anna Matranga that he had no agenda and was stating facts.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...g-sexual-abuse
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pope Francis says he will “not say one word” in response to explosive allegations from a retired Vatican official claiming the pontiff covered up sexual abuse and should resign.
    Talking to reporters on board the papal plane returning to Rome from Dublin, the Pope dismissively said Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano’s testimony “speaks for itself” and he urged people to read the material carefully and judge for themselves.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/will-not-...100440151.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In an article published on Monday, Aldo Maria Valli, a journalist who works for Italian National Television, writes that Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, whose 11-page letter accused the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church of covering up allegations of sex abuse by former Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, said the archbishop planned to flee Italy and go into hiding before his letter was published.
    Valli had interviewed Viganò about the cover-up issue before the publication of the accusations. According to Valli, the first time they set up an interview, he suggested meeting at his office or at a nearby bar, but Viganò demurred, saying, "No, no, for heaven's sake. As far as possible from the Vatican, far from prying eyes.” Valli then suggested Viganò come to Valli’s home.

Valli continues, “When the archbishop arrives, on a warm evening of almost summer, I see a man older than I remembered. He smiles, but it soon becomes clear that something oppresses him. It has a weight in the heart.” Valli writes that Viganò spoke of his experience in the Secretariat of State, at the head of the Vatican City Governorate and as a nuncio in Nigeria and in the United States.
    Valli quotes Viganò saying, "I am seventy-seven years old, I am at the end of my life. I do not care about men's judgment. The only judgment that matters is that of the good God. He will ask me what I have done for the Church of Christ and I want to be able to answer that I have defended and served until the end.”
    Valli surmised that Viganò met with him the first time to see if he could trust him. After roughly one month’s time, Valli notes, Viganò called, asking for another meeting at Valli’s house, where he focused on his years in America. Valli writes, “But this time he focuses more on the American years. He cites the McCarrick case, the former cardinal found guilty of serious abuses, and makes it clear that everyone knew, in the U.S. and in the Vatican, for a long time, for years. Yet they have covered.”

According to Valli, when Valli asked if everyone knew about the cover-up, Viganò replied with a nod, yes: just everyone. Valli writes that he asked why such a thing could have occurred. Viganò answered, "Because those cracks mentioned by Paul VI, from which Satan's smoke would have slipped into the house of God, have become chasms. The devil is working great. And not to admit it, or turn your face to the other side, it would be our greatest sin.”
    A few days later, the men allegedly met for the third time, although Valli writes that he cannot divulge the place of the meeting. Viganò wore sunglasses and a baseball cap and handed Valli the document with the accusations. Valli writes that the fact that Viganò did not belabor him to publish the letter caused him to trust Viganò even more.

The two men ultimately agreed to publish the information on August 26 because the pope, returning from Dublin, would have the opportunity to reply by answering questions from journalists on the plane.
    Then, Valli writes, “He tells me he has already bought a plane ticket. Will go abroad. He cannot tell me where. I will not have to look for it. The old mobile number will no longer be used.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35098...ontent=2283328

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Cardinal Blase Cupich, the Archbishop of Chicago, has downplayed bombshell allegations that Pope Francis knowingly rehabilitated an abusive American cardinal, saying the pope has a “bigger agenda” to worry about, such as protecting the environment and migrants.

In a television interview with NBC News, Cardinal Cupich commented on a recent 11-page statement by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, former papal nuncio to the United States, that alleges a series of misdeeds by high-ranking Catholic prelates, including Pope Francis himself.
    “The pope has a bigger agenda. He’s gotta get on with other things, of talking about the environment and protecting migrants and carrying on the work of the Church,” Cardinal Cupich said.
    “We’re not going to go down a rabbit hole on this,” he added.

Cardinal Cupich was also named in the report by Archbishop Viganò, and later released a statement expressing “astonishment” over allegations that former Cardinal Theodore McCarrick was behind his appointment as archbishop of Chicago.
    In his communiqué, Archbishop Viganò referred to Cardinal Cupich as a man “blinded by his pro-gay ideology” who was appointed as archbishop outside of normal Church protocols because of the powerful backing of three influential cardinals, including McCarrick.
    Cardinal Cupich denied being aware of having benefited personally from the patronage of Cardinal McCarrick.
    “As to the issue of my appointment to Chicago as well as the question of episcopal appointments in general, I do not know who recommended me for the Archdiocese of Chicago,” he said, “but I do know that Pope Francis, like his predecessors, takes seriously the appointment of bishops as one of his major responsibilities.”
    “Pope Francis has made it clear that he wants pastoral bishops, and I work each day to live up to that expectation in collaboration with many fine lay and religious women and men, my brother priests and brother bishops,” he said.
    In his NBC interview, Cardinal Cupich raised the specter of racism, suggesting that people who believe allegations against the pope “don’t like him because he is a Latino.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...han-sex-abuse/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A Wisconsin bishop has joined the president of the U.S. Bishops Conference in calling for an investigation into “credible allegations” of grave misconduct by a series of high-ranking Catholic prelates, including Pope Francis, in dealing with sex abuse.

Madison Bishop Robert C. Morlino issued a public statement Monday asserting that recent accusations by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, the former papal nuncio to the United States, merit to be considered credible allegations and therefore must be investigated.
    Archbishop Viganò “has offered a number of concrete, real allegations in his recent document, giving names, dates, places, and the location of supporting documentation – either at the Secretariat of State or at the Apostolic Nunciature,” Bishop Morlino states. “Thus, the criteria for credible allegations are more than fulfilled, and an investigation, according to proper canonical procedures, is certainly in order.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...inly-in-order/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A Vatican whistle-blower who has accused Pope Francis of having covered up sexually abusive behaviour by an American cardinal stepped up his attack on Wednesday, speaking from a secret location.

“I spoke out because corruption has now reached the highest levels of the Church hierarchy,” he said, claiming he had received broad support for his actions.
    “I have had messages from priests and the faithful who have thanked me because my testimony was for them a glimmer of hope for the Church.”
    He denied that he was pursuing a “vendetta” against Pope Francis and cardinals close to him.

Cardinal Burke said on Wednesday that the allegations levelled against the Pope by Archbishop Vigano were “very serious” and had left him “speechless”.
    “I believe we now need a full response from the Pope and the Vatican,” he told La Repubblica newspaper.
    Calling for the pope to resign was “legitimate” if it was proved that he had made “grave errors” but the matter needed to be properly investigated, Cardinal Burke said.
    “I have nothing personal against the pope. I’m simply trying to defend the true faith and the clear presentation of the faith.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/vatican-w...152319795.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In an interview this week, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò challenged journalists to investigate what happened to the “cache of documents” Benedict XVI delivered to Pope Francis after his election. Some sexual abuse victims and journalists seem to have heeded the call, demanding the documents outside the Vatican embassy in Washington, D.C.

More at: https://pjmedia.com/faith/vigano-to-...-sexual-abuse/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“The Great Accuser, as he himself tells God in the first chapter of the Book of Job, roams around the earth looking for someone to accuse,” Francis said in his morning homily at Mass in the chapel of the Santa Marta residence in the Vatican.
    In these times “it seems that the Great Accuser has been unleashed and has it in for the bishops,” the pope said.
    “It is true, we are all sinners, we bishops,” he said, but the Great Accuser “seeks to unveil sins so that they may be seen, to scandalize the people.”
    Despite the pope’s frequent calls for transparency and accountability for those responsible for committing or covering up sex abuse, he seemed to suggest Tuesday that the former nuncio had behaved like Satan by making public the errors of his brother bishops.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...eblower-satan/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Vatican is preparing the "necessary clarifications" about accusations that top Vatican officials including Pope Francis covered up the sexual misconduct of a now-disgraced American ex-cardinal, Francis' top advisers said Monday.In a statement, Francis' nine cardinal advisers expressed their "full solidarity" with the pope over the scandal, which has thrown his papacy into crisis.
    The cardinals, who are meeting at the Vatican this week, said they were aware that "the Holy See is working on formulating the potential and necessary clarifications."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/vatican-p...161805683.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The leader of the Roman Catholic Church continues to dig himself a deeper hole as sexual abuse scandals mount.
    “Bishops who are accused should remain silent like Jesus on Good Friday when the crowds called out for his crucifixion, Pope Francis said Tuesday,” according to a report.

“In the same way, the pastor, in difficult times, in times when the devil is unleashed, where the pastor is accused—accused by the Great Accuser through so many people, so many powerful ones—suffers, offers his life and prays,” he said according to the report.

Recently, the Pope compared Viganò to Satan for levying the allegations against him, even as a sexual abuse hotline set up by the Catholic Church in New Jersey rings off the hook.
    The Pope has not confirmed or denied the allegations against the Church, choosing instead to remain silent, as he has now directed his clergy to do.
    “I won’t say a word about this,” he said.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/pope-f...n-good-friday/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    “Bishops who are accused should remain silent like Jesus on Good Friday when the crowds called out for his crucifixion, Pope Francis said Tuesday,” ]
    What about the Lord's command to confess one's sins to one another? It seems the Pope believes there are "rules for thee but not for me."

He would have made a great lawyer. Too bad he decided on a carreer as a religious leader instead.

The retired Vatican ambassador accusing the pope and his advisers of covering up a former American cardinal’s alleged sexual misconduct is now demanding the Catholic Church speak out about the case – saying Francis’ behavior is “hardly consistent with his calls for transparency.”
    The latest criticism from Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano – was uploaded to a document-sharing website late Thursday – comes weeks after the Vatican said it was preparing "necessary clarifications" about his accusations.
    "How can one avoid concluding that the reason they do not provide the documentation is that they know it confirms my testimony?" Vigano wrote in the document.
    "The pope's unwillingness to respond to my charges and his deafness to the appeals by the faithful for accountability are hardly consistent with his calls for transparency and bridge building,” he added.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/09...-cover-up.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pope Francis has authorized a "thorough study" of Vatican archives into how a prominent American cardinal advanced through church ranks despite allegations that he slept with seminarians and young priests, the Vatican said Saturday in its first response to explosive allegations of a cover-up that is roiling the papacy.The Vatican said it was aware that such an investigation may produce evidence that mistakes were made, when evaluated with today's standards. But it said Francis would "follow the path of truth, wherever it may lead."
    The statement did not address specific allegations that Francis himself knew of sexual misconduct allegations against now ex-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick in 2013 and rehabilitated him anyway from sanctions imposed by Pope Benedict XVI.
    Francis has said he would not say a word about those allegations, lodged by a retired Vatican ambassador.
    Depending on the scope of the investigation, Francis' actions may be found to have been inconsistent with what he now considers unacceptable behavior by a bishop. However, the study announced Saturday refers only to documentation, a potentially limiting constraint, given the McCarrick scandal apparently involves private, verbal communications that might not have paper trails in Vatican archives.
    "Both abuse and its cover-up can no longer be tolerated and a different treatment for bishops who have committed or covered-up abuse in fact represents a form of clericalism that is no longer acceptable," the statement said.
    The Vatican knew as early as 2000 that seminarians complained that McCarrick pressured them to sleep with him. The Rev. Boniface Ramsay, a professor at a New Jersey seminary, wrote a letter to the Vatican in November 2000 relaying the seminarians' concerns after McCarrick was named archbishop of Washington.
    St. John Paul II still went ahead with the nomination and made McCarrick a cardinal the following year. McCarrick resigned as Washington archbishop in 2006 after he reached the retirement age of 75.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-oks-...142904797.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This week, he surfaced again, this time on the pages of The Washington Post whose reporters interviewed him from his still-undisclosed location through a series of emails. The fruit of that labor is an 8,000-word tome that doubles down on the allegations against the leader of the Roman Catholic Church.
    “The signs I see are truly ominous,” Viganò wrote. “Not only is Pope Francis doing close to nothing to punish those who have committed abuse, he is doing absolutely nothing to expose and bring to justice those who have, for decades, facilitated and covered up the abusers.”
    Viganò calls the pope’s February summit on abuse a farce, blaming the Vatican’s gay mafia for the real crimes of clerical sex abuse. “An especially serious problem is that the summit focused exclusively on the abuse of minors,” he wrote, acknowledging that yes, those crimes are truly horrific. “Indeed, if the problem of homosexuality in the priesthood were honestly acknowledged and properly addressed, the problem of sexual abuse would be far less severe.”
    McCarrick, he has long asserted, should have been made an example of years ago as an abuser who indiscriminately abused both young boys and adults. Viganò believes that Francis knew that and chose to elevate the American cardinal, who was a skilled diplomat who helped him broker a deal with China over its underground church. “McCarrick’s degradation from office was, as far as it goes, a just punishment, but there is no legitimate reason why it was not exacted more than five years earlier, and after a proper trial with a judicial procedure,” Viganò wrote the Post. “Those with authority to act [i.e. Pope Francis] knew everything they needed to know by June of 2013.”
    Viganò’s return comes at a time when battle lines have never been so clear between the more liberal faction of the church that supports Francis and the traditional conservatives who support the likes of Burke and Viganò.
    Even the timing of the release of a harsh Vatican document against what it calls gender theory—“nothing more than a confused concept of freedom in the realm of feelings and wants”—is curious. A Vatican insider confided to The Daily Beast that the timing, during the height of pride month, was meant to push the pope into a corner, either in defending the document or defending transgender people. In the end, he did neither.
    That Viganò finally gave permission to The Washington Post to publish its scoop after weeks of negotiations (Vigano's letters are dated May 2), is another example of the systematic criticism meant to embarrass the pontiff. “We are in a truly dark moment for the universal Church: The Supreme Pontiff is now blatantly lying to the whole world to cover up his wicked deeds!” Viganò claims. “But the truth will eventually come out, about McCarrick and all the other coverups, as it already has in the case of Cardinal [Donald] Wuerl, who also “knew nothing” and had “a lapse of memory.”
    Wuerl, another American cardinal from Francis’ inner circle who, like McCarrick, brought millions in donations from wealthy American Catholics to Rome, is the disgraced head of the powerful Washington, D.C. diocese. Francis was forced under pressure to accept his resignation last October after Viganò claimed he knew and covered up for McCarrick with the help of both Francis and John Paul II of McCarrick’s crimes proved too credible to ignore.
    To those against the pope, Wuerl and McCarrick are emblematic in what is fast becoming a troubling legacy for the popular pope many thought could do no wrong after he was elected. For those who support this pope, they are just ammunition used against the most liberal pope in modern history. Either Vigano is the pawn or the errant clerics are in what is fast becoming a schism that may soon be hard to close.
    “Pope Francis needs to reconcile himself with God, and the entire Church, since he covered up for McCarrick, refuses to admit it, and is now covering up for several other people,” charges Viganò. “I pray for his conversion every day. Nothing would make me happier than for Pope Francis to acknowledge and end the cover-ups, and to confirm his brothers in the faith.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-...023752530.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    rchbishop Carlo Maria Viganò is confirming that, as papal nuncio, he received complaints of homosexual predation and harassment by Msgr. Walter Rossi, rector of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. "Monsignor Rossi is, without a doubt, a member of the 'gay mafia,'" Viganò said in remarks to Italian journalist Marco Tosatti on Saturday.

The former papal nuncio noted Rossi's connection to two proven homosexual predators: Bp. Michael Bransfield, his immediate predecessor as rector of the basilica — suspended after evidence that he sexually assaulted seminarians and also misappropriated millions of dollars for personal expenses; and then-Cdl. Theodore McCarrick, who handpicked Rossi to replace Bransfield.
    "In fact, his successor as rector of the Basilica, Msgr. Walter Rossi, he was appointed there by McCarrick the same year that Bransfield was appointed bishop," Viganò went on to say.
    This fact is confirmed by the Arlington diocese in its newspaper, The Catholic Herald, in a July 8, 2009 article: "In 2005, he was chosen by Washington Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick to succeed Msgr. Michael Bransfield as rector, when Msgr. Bransfield was named Bishop of Wheeling-Charleston."
    Viganò confirmed that Rossi is a member of the homosexual current in the Church: "Monsignor Rossi is, without a doubt, a member of the 'gay mafia.' You can read about him online on The American Spectator website."

In the American Spectator article, authored by George Neumayr, multiple sources alleged that Rossi had carried on a number of homosexual relationships and had sexually harassed seminarians and students from Catholic University of America (CUA), on whose board of trustees he sits.
    "I can say that, while I was a nuncio in the United States, I received the documentation that states that Msgr. Rossi had sexually molested male students at the Catholic University of America," Viganò wrote. "The Vatican, in particular Cdl. [Pietro] Parolin, is well aware of the situation of Msgr. Rossi, as is Cdl. Wuerl."
    "I can finally testify that Rossi's name was proposed for promotion to my predecessor, Archbishop Pietro Sambi, who blocked his progress," he continued. "These facts clearly show how the 'gay mafia' operates."

Rossi was reportedly linked to Fr. Matthew Riedlinger, ousted from the priesthood in 2013 after being caught in a sexting sting.
    Timothy Schmalz had been a student at CUA, and met Riedlinger through Rossi at the National Basilica, who encouraged young men to seek out Riedlinger as a mentor. Schmalz and another male friend were the target of Riedlinger's sexual harassment. When they reported it to the bishop of Trenton, New Jersey, David M. O'Connell, he did nothing.
    Frustrated with the bishop's inaction, Schmalz set up a sting operation in which he pretended to be a 16-year-old male online, in the hopes of getting evidence of Riedlinger's active homosexuality. Schmalz (as the 16-year-old persona) befriended Riedlinger, who then began sending him vulgar and explicit messages.
    "Within two weeks of the first contact, Riedlinger talked about pornography, mutual masturbation and sexual encounters," wrote Schmalz in a 2013 article. "And, he wanted to meet 'me.'"
    In total, Riedlinger sent Schmalz more than 1,000 text messages.

When the texts were turned over to the bishop, Riedlinger was finally removed — but the bishop refused to tell parishioners why.
    "The people deserved to know," Schmalz wrote. "Why did O'Connell deliberately withhold this information from parents whose children had close contact with Riedlinger and who may have fallen victim to his manipulation?"
    According to a source who spoke with Neumayr, "Riedlinger was a homosexual who had been kicked out of the seminary in Ohio. He then turned up at Catholic University. Riedlinger would brag about his sexual relationship with Rossi, who helped him become a priest in the diocese of Trenton."
    Riedlinger is no longer a priest, and now lives with his male partner in New Jersey, where he runs a furniture store.

Evidence also reveals Rossi vacations in a luxury Florida condo jointly owned with Fr. Andrew Hvozdovic, a priest in the diocese of Scranton, Pennsylvania also rumored to be homosexual.
    Located in Regency Tower South along Galt Ocean Mile in Fort Lauderdale, the prime piece of real estate, purchased by Rossi and Hvozdovic in 2012 for $470,000, is now worth more than half a million dollars.

Rossi sits on the board of directors for Regency Tower South and serves as treasurer.
    According to a source who spoke with Neumayr, "We all know that Rossi and the priest with whom he owns that place are an old gay couple."
    "He has photos of himself with Rossi looking like a married couple, and people have seen them walking the beach in Fort Lauderdale together in speedos," the source said.

Viganò's latest comments come days after a lengthy written interview given to the Washington Post, in which the former papal nuncio — now in hiding — confirmed that homosexual priests, and bishops who protect them, remain a massive problem in the Church.

"[T]he 'gay mafia' among bishops is bound together not by shared sexual intimacy but by a shared interest in protecting and advancing one another professionally and sabotaging all efforts at reform," Viganò wrote.
    "It is not pedophiles but gay priests preying on post-pubertal boys who have bankrupted the U.S. dioceses," said Viganò, going on to cite Fr. Paul Sullins' groundbreaking recent survey on homosexuality and clerical abuse.
    One of the most recent and reliable studies, "Is Catholic clergy sex abuse related to homosexual priests," was conducted by Father Paul Sullins, PhD, of the Ruth Institute. In its executive summary, the Sullins study reports, among other things, the following:
    ●"The share of homosexual men in the priesthood rose from twice that of the general population in the 1950s to eight times the general population in the 1980s. This trend was strongly correlated with increasing child sex abuse."
    ●"Estimates from these findings predict that, had the proportion of homosexual priests remained at the 1950s level, at least 12,000 fewer children, mostly boys, would have suffered abuse."
    The preponderance of these cases of abuse is overwhelming. I do not think anyone can dispute this.
    Viganò went on to express dismay that homosexuality is not addressed in any recent Church documents.
    "Given the overwhelming evidence, it is mind-boggling that the word 'homosexuality' has not appeared once, in any of the recent official documents of the Holy See, including the two Synods on the Family, the one on Youth, and the recent Summit last February," he wrote.

More at: https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/...r-walter-rossi

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

An American Catholic bishop is calling for an investigation into a Vatican whistleblower’s most recent allegations concerning the Vatican and Pope Francis covering up of clerical sexual abuse. Bishop Joseph Strickland, the ordinary of Tyler, Texas linked on Twitter to a recent LifeSiteNews article containing material cut from an interview Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò gave the Washington Post.
    “Faithful Catholics who believe in the Eucharist & pray the rosary need to demand an investigation of this & a clear reporting of the truth,” Strickland tweeted.
    Faithful Catholics who believe in the Eucharist & pray the rosary need to demand an investigation of this & a clear reporting of the truth. https://t.co/WuXHQCqi56
    — Bishop J. Strickland (@Bishopoftyler) July 4, 2019
    Twitter users responded with both agreement and disagreement, some indicating that they believe Viganò and others strongly expressing antipathy for the former papal nuncio.
    The bishop responded to one Twitter user who demanded to know how ordinary Catholics could demand an investigation into Viganò’s allegations.
    “How do sheep demand it?” asked John Lewandowski. “Our bishops do nothing to get to the truth and our Pope remains silent,” he continued, adding: “Faithful shepherds, bishops who believe in the Eucharist & pray the rosary need to join and together force the truth be shared while preaching the Christ’s Gospel, not another gospel.”
    Strickland replied by saying that Lewandowski was right, but that the faithful also have “a strong voice.”
    Like others who responded to the Bishop of Tyler, Lewandowski asked for suggestions for concrete action.
    “First pray, then write letters: keep them brief and to the point,” Strickland answered.

More at: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/us...abuse-cover-up

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    An American Catholic bishop is calling for an investigation into a Vatican whistleblower’s most recent allegations concerning the Vatican and Pope Francis covering up of clerical sexual abuse. Bishop Joseph Strickland, the ordinary of Tyler, Texas linked on Twitter to a recent LifeSiteNews article containing material cut from an interview Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò gave the Washington Post.
    “Faithful Catholics who believe in the Eucharist & pray the rosary need to demand an investigation of this & a clear reporting of the truth,” Strickland tweeted.
    Faithful Catholics who believe in the Eucharist & pray the rosary need to demand an investigation of this & a clear reporting of the truth. https://t.co/WuXHQCqi56
    — Bishop J. Strickland (@Bishopoftyler) July 4, 2019
    Twitter users responded with both agreement and disagreement, some indicating that they believe Viganò and others strongly expressing antipathy for the former papal nuncio.
    The bishop responded to one Twitter user who demanded to know how ordinary Catholics could demand an investigation into Viganò’s allegations.
    “How do sheep demand it?” asked John Lewandowski. “Our bishops do nothing to get to the truth and our Pope remains silent,” he continued, adding: “Faithful shepherds, bishops who believe in the Eucharist & pray the rosary need to join and together force the truth be shared while preaching the Christ’s Gospel, not another gospel.”
    Strickland replied by saying that Lewandowski was right, but that the faithful also have “a strong voice.”
    Like others who responded to the Bishop of Tyler, Lewandowski asked for suggestions for concrete action.
    “First pray, then write letters: keep them brief and to the point,” Strickland answered.

More at: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/us...abuse-cover-up
    The Vatican under the Liberalism order with Pope Francis are already covering up the abuses by pretending to be humanitarians of demanding Italy to accpet more migrants in Italy.

Somewhere, there are millstones with their names carved on them (Mt. 18).
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi