Thread: CBS: Should the United States ditch the dollar?

CBS: Should the United States ditch the dollar?

"According to the Federal Reserve, Americans still use cash more frequently than any other payment method, but could the rise of cryptocurrencies change that? Duke University finance professor Campbell Brown argues that the United States should ditch paper currency for fully trackable national version of Bitcoin. "

The digital dollar is a bad idea because you can make an exact replica of it, we need block chain because it can't be duplicated or copied and it prevents counterfeiting.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no evasion of taxes!

So it begins, the push for the Fedcoin by the msm, as Doug Casey predicted:

https://secure.caseyresearch.com/cha...d=&step=start#

You can click on Transcript version for more details

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    So it begins, the push for the Fedcoin by the msm, as Doug Casey predicted:
    It didn't take a rocket scientist to see it coming. Those that thought we were really being offered some amazing new anonymous currency were either shills or really, really naive.

-You will not be allowed possession of anything tangible. The reality of being a slave will re-emerge in its true form. You will possess NOTHING. Everything will be vaporware or rental only, just enough to sustain life as a slave.-

----------------------
    https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/faculty/campbell-harvey

Campbell R. Harvey is Professor of Finance at the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University and a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts {d21: Home of MIT, where much of the deep state tech is developed under DARPA grants}. He served as President of the American Finance Association in 2016.

Professor Harvey obtained his doctorate at the University of Chicago in business finance. He has served on the faculties of the Stockholm School of Economics, the Helsinki School of Economics, and the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. He has also been a visiting scholar at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. He was awarded an honorary doctorate from Svenska Handelshögskolan in Helsinki. He is a Fellow of the American Finance Association.

Harvey received the 2016 and 2015 Best Paper Awards from The Journal of Portfolio Management for his research on distinguishing luck from skill. He has also received eight Graham and Dodd Awards/Scrolls for excellence in financial writing from the CFA Institute. He has published over 125 scholarly articles on topics spanning investment finance, emerging markets, corporate finance, behavioral finance, financial econometrics and computer science.

Harvey is a Founding Director of the Duke-CFO Survey. This widely watched quarterly survey polls over 1,500 CFOs worldwide.

Harvey serves as the Investment Strategy Advisor to the Man Group plc, the world’s largest, publicly listed, global hedge fund provider.

Harvey edited The Journal of Finance – the leading scientific journal in his field and one of the premier journals in the economic profession from 2006-2012.

Over the past four years, Professor Harvey has taught “Innovation and Cryptoventures” at Duke University. The course focuses on blockchain technology covering both the mechanics of blockchains as well as practical applications of both public and private implementations.
    Dannno? Mordan? Anybody? Where's the bitcoin cheerleaders?
    Last edited by devil21; 08-26-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I'm so comforted that the financial elite have taken it upon themselves to deny electronic financial services to the undeserving just in time for all financial transactions to be electronic, now we can finally have a society purified of deplorables, let us pray that this all comes to pass SWIFTly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You can try to take my bitcoin from my cold dead hands.

The genie is out of the bag, too much crypto out there to not continue to be used even if it becomes outlawed.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Account Terminated

Mark of the Beast, 666.

Sanctioned, account banned.

All your money R belong to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post

The genie is out of the bag, too much crypto out there to not continue to be used even if it becomes outlawed.
    Just wait until the power of the state is aimed at hacking it.

If you can't hold it you don't own it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the video, Professor Harvey dismisses critics of his idea as irrational dinosaurs essentially. He completely dismisses very valid concerns over the tyranny of monopoly control over economic transactions. smh.

I wish I could believe that.
    "The Patriarch"

Is crypto actually used for anything other than hoping to sell it to somebody else for more than you paid for it? i.e actually using it for purchasing goods and services?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is crypto actually used for anything other than hoping to sell it to somebody else for more than you paid for it? i.e actually using it for purchasing goods and services?
    Yes.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Dannno? Mordan? Anybody? Where's the bitcoin cheerleaders?
    Just be grateful we have decentralized independent cryptos like bitcoin out there as alternatives to the fedcoin. Otherwise, what could we really do to fight it?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I use is regularly. Some could be called half baked crypto purchases by using a bitcoin backed debit card, others are pure crypto paying for goods and services directly with various crypto.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yes.
    Most do not use Bitcoin for purchases. Do you spend yours regularly?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-spend-bitcoin

A little more than four years ago, Coupa Café, a caramel-macchiato joint in Palo Alto, began accepting bitcoin. This was shortly before the first big bitcoin rush briefly pushed the cryptocurrency’s price from about $100 to more than $1,000. At the time, two or three Coupa customers a week would pay their bills with bitcoin, says co-owner Camelia Coupal. Today, the number is ... still two or three people a week. “It’s a really minimal part of our sales,” she says. “It’s really just a quirky thing for our customers.”

That’s the story of bitcoin this past year: The cryptocurrency has made fortunes for speculators, but—for that reason and others—it hasn’t been much use as a medium of exchange. Except in countries such as Venezuela, where inflation makes the local money even more volatile than bitcoin prices, its use by online merchants is virtually zero and shrinking, according to Morgan Stanley. When businesses like Coupal’s started accepting bitcoin, advocates predicted it would eventually replace money. Those voices have grown quiet. “The value of bitcoin is really predicated on its being a useful means of transactions,” says Jacob Leshno, an assistant professor at Columbia Business School. “If you take that away, all you are left with is a bubble asset.”

Most do not use Bitcoin for purchases. Do you spend yours regularly?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-spend-bitcoin
    Fairly regularly, but what does that matter? The point is that it is there for when it needs to be. At that time, when it needs to be used and there is a tipping point and people decide to use it, the value will increase immensely and it will be used primarily for making purchases.

It is a much better alternative to what we currently have.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just be grateful we have decentralized independent cryptos like bitcoin out there as alternatives to the fedcoin. Otherwise, what could we really do to fight it?
    Cash/PMs/Checks&Money Orders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You still believe that load of bs even when the evidence that bitcoin is a conditioning tool is right there obvious to everyone else?? The entire purpose of the bitcoin mania was to introduce the notion of "Fedcoin" into the mainstream. Plain as day.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book