Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: McCain just died!

https://news.yahoo.com/president-tru...c=bell-brknews

The unverified 35-page dossier, which was leaked to media and published by BuzzFeed in January of 2017, alleges the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016 presidential election. It had been reported that McCain was involved in disseminating the leaked dossier, which was compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele. The Steele dossier was one of the starting points of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Mueller is believed to be preparing a report for the attorney general. A resolution recommending that Mueller’s report be made public was approved by the House unanimously last week.

“So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) ‘last in his class’ (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election,” Trump followed up in a tweet Sunday.

Recently unsealed court documents show that an associate of McCain, former State Department diplomat David Kramer, had shared copies of the dossier with BuzzFeed and other media outlets.

John McCain, the butt hurt politician that lost to Trump.
    - SUPPORT FREE TRADE, SMUGGLE -

2 + 2 = 5.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It's not all gloom n doom, good news is that one of his great mentors and like minded America-Firster JL is still with us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5trxPYpYNQ

May we continue to be blessed with leaders like these.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!
    https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/s...54802691747840

Bump.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bump.
    My only lament is that I didn't have a chance to take him out back the wood shed.

President Trump continued his attack on the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., on Wednesday during a speech to workers at an Army tank plant in Ohio – slamming the deceased lawmaker for his support of the United States’ wars in the Middle East and his infamous vote against repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act.
    After touting his administration’s progress in combating the Islamic State in Syria and the U.S.’s recent economic successes, Trump tore into McCain’s legacy and in an unusual remark, took credit for the late senator’s state funeral in Washington late last year.
    “I endorsed him at his request, gave him the kind of funeral he wanted, which as president of the United States I had to approve,” Trump said. “I don’t care, but I didn’t get a thank you.”
    “I never liked him much,” Trump said. “I really probably never will.”
    The president then went on with a laundry list of complaints he’s held against McCain – from an ally of the late senator reportedly handing over the so-called Steele dossier to the FBI to his support for American intervention in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“We’re in a war that McCain pushed for so hard,” Trump said. “We’re straightening it out, but it’s been a disaster.”
    Earlier in his speech, Trump plugged his administration’s progress against ISIS and held up a chart showing territory controlled by the terror group on Election Day in 2016 compared with present day.
    “As of today there is none, the caliphate is done as of tonight,” he said.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-plant-workers
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Was John McCain Put to death ?

“[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he talks funny. He seemed like he had brain damage during the debates and had to memorize his lines in order to speak in full sentences. Even his phrasing cadence and syntax implied he probably meant to say that he was dead for 24 hours and put in the ground but ran over his words. Or maybe put to rest instead of put to death..
    Last edited by nikcers; 03-20-2019 at 05:35 PM.

How rude! McCain didn't even thank Trump for such a nice funeral! (well, he was kinda dead so writing a thank you would have been difficult).

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...mccain/585421/

Schwarzenegger Pulls No Punches in a Rare Rebuke of Trump

The former California governor called President Trump’s attacks on John McCain “absolutely unacceptable.”

Arnold Schwarzenegger and John McCain saw in each other a willingness to buck the Republican Party and became fast friends and political allies. Mindful of McCain’s legacy, the former California governor said on Wednesday he couldn’t stay silent in the face of President Trump’s recent spate of attacks on the late senator.

He told me Trump’s swipes at McCain are both disgraceful and destructive. “He was just an unbelievable person,” Schwarzenegger said. “So an attack on him is absolutely unacceptable if he’s alive or dead—but even twice as unacceptable since he passed away a few months ago. It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to do that. I just think it’s a shame that the president lets himself down to that kind of level. We will be lucky if everyone in Washington followed McCain’s example, because he represented courage.
    It was not entirely clear why Trump had become so agitated seven months after McCain’s death. One White House aide said that excoriating McCain isn’t a “winning issue,” and that officials would like to see Trump drop the subject. People close to the White House say that he might be feeling pressure from the Russia investigation, or was set off by something he saw on cable TV news.

Trump went on to say that he had “never liked him (McCain) much. Hasn’t been for me. I really probably never will.” He wasn’t finished. Trump noted that he’d approved state funeral arrangements for McCain. And he said, “I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted … but I didn’t get a thank you.”

In a jab at the president’s 243-pound physique, the former world-champion bodybuilder said that Trump should turn his attention to infrastructure and immigration reform when he wakes up and starts his morning workout.

“I know he must be working out every day because he’s so unbelievably in shape,” Schwarzenegger quipped.

Trump, he said, should consult the First Lady, who has made online bullying a cause. “Why don’t you go and sit down with your wife for just a few minutes, Mr. President, and listen to the First Lady when she’s talking about stopping online bullying. That is a really great message. Which way do we go? Your way, or her way. That’s really the question here.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    How rude! McCain didn't even thank Trump for such a nice funeral!
    Well, Meghan seems to me like a real entitlement queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

How rude! McCain didn't even thank Trump for such a nice funeral! (well, he was kinda dead so writing a thank you would have been difficult).

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...mccain/585421/
    McCain's body should have been fed to carnivores at the D.C. zoo.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My only lament is that I didn't have a chance to take him out back the wood shed.
    I would love knocking a few of his teeth out.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

McCain was swamp he promised to drain and by not backing down on this he is symbolically rejecting the swamp. Now if he would just get rid of John Bolton...

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/27/...rrible-record/

It is thanks to these friendly journalists — “my base,” as McCain dubbed them — that the Arizona senator has been able to cultivate his image as an independent, a rebel, a maverick. Yet the truth is that McCain has always been a card-carrying conservative.

The former GOP presidential candidate, who proudly calls himself pro-life and a “Reagan Republican,” spent his first decade in Congress voting for tax cuts and trying to block the creation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. He has earned a lifetime rating of 81.6 percent from the American Conservative Union and, according to a survey by FiveThirtyEight, has voted in line with President Donald Trump — a leader with whom he pretends to disagree — 90.7 percent of the time. (“Never Trump”? Well, I guess 9.3 percent of the time.)

McCain, to quote FiveThirtyEight’s Harry Enten, is a “MINO … or maverick in name only.” He is, perhaps above all else, a brazen hypocrite. Here is a Republican foreign policy hawk who sanctimoniously suggests support for human rights “must be an essential part of our foreign policy” while backing war after war that violate those very same rights. Here is a hero of the neocons who issues pious proclamations about the importance of promoting democracy and free elections while also cozying up to some of the world’s worst dictators.

As ever, his boosters in the media give him cover. In a fulsome if bizarre encomium to the former GOP presidential candidate last Saturday — headlined “What we can all learn from John McCain” — the Washington Post editorial board declared that “all over this world, Mr. McCain is associated with freedom and democracy” and claimed he had “championed human rights with verve and tirelessness — speaking out against repression and authoritarianism, and inviting … both Republicans and Democrats, to bear witness with him on trips abroad.”

This is pure fantasy. What was McCain bearing witness to in 2009 when he offered to sell weapons to Col. Qaddafi at a private meeting with the Libyan dictator and his son Muatassim? According to a State Department cable released by WikiLeaks, “McCain assured Muatassim that the United States wanted to provide Libya with the equipment it needs for its security.” McCain would later support regime change in Libya but the 2009 cable does not make any mention of him raising the issue of human rights with Qaddafi in person — with or without any “verve.”

What was McCain bearing witness to on all those friendly trips to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where he glad-handed Saudi royals? And where was the championing of human rights last month, when he helped block a bipartisan attempt in the Senate to restrict the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia in order to try and reduce the number of civilian casualties in war-torn Yemen? Oh, and was it McCain’s association with “freedom and democracy” that prompted the Saudis to donate $1 million to the McCain Institute at Arizona State University?

The Post’s editorial also heaped praise on McCain for supporting “victims of repression” and offering them “succor and encouragement in the fight against tyranny.” This must have come as a surprise to the Palestinians, victims of the longest ongoing military occupation in the world. The former Republican presidential candidate is a strong defender of Israel and close ally of Benjamin Netanyahu. In 2014, he defended Israel’s murderous assault on Gaza, and in 2015, he said the U.S. government “shouldn’t be considering” supporting a Palestinian bid for statehood, warning that in the event of the United Nations recognizing a state of Palestine, “the United States Congress would have to examine our funding for the United Nations.” Repressed Palestinians? Screw ’em.

As FAIR.org media analyst Adam Johnson has observed, we have been fed a “childlike narrative of McCain as brave truth-teller, rather than predictable champion of war and empire who occasionally makes toothless references to human rights for the purposes of image curation.”

The “image curation” is in full swing these days — as are the repeated attempts to stifle any criticism of the Arizona senator’s awful political record. Yet those of us who heard McCain call for U.S. troops to occupy Iraq for “100 years”; who watched him laugh and sing “bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb” Iran; who listened to him call for an escalation of the unwinnable war in Afghanistan cannot — and should not have to — stay silent because he was diagnosed with cancer last week, or because of his undoubted bravery in Vietnam five decades ago.

We can wish McCain a speedy recovery while also acknowledging that he is nevertheless, to quote Jimmy Carter, an unrepentant “warmonger.” He has the blood of tens of thousands of innocents, in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Libya, on his hands. And with his vote to move the Republican health care push forward in the Senate this week, he may soon have the blood of tens of thousands of Americans on his hands as well.

2 + 2 = 5.

Lol.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I don’t think it’s funny at all...

In September 2008, when McCain was running to get Obama elected...
    Donald Trump said on CNN’s Larry King Live and then repeated for FOX On the record:
    Well, I have. And I've known him [John McCain] for a long time, and I've known Hillary for a long time.
    (…)
    But I've known Senator McCain for a long time. He's a great guy, a great man. He's just a very strong guy, a very strong leader, and he's very, very smart.
    (…)
    So I endorsed John McCain. I've known him for a long time. He's a brilliant guy, and I think he'll be a great president.
    Trump on McCain choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate:
    I think it was brilliant, and I think it is a great testament to him.
    He took a chance on somebody, and it's been amazing, the response. I don't think I've seen a response like this that people have to her--some negative, but mostly positive.
    And she's just amazing. And she has totally united the Republican Party like I've never seen before. It was a brilliant choice, and I think she'll be fantastic.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/09...on-record.html

Donald Trump has also (written in 2008):
    donated to McCain for years, and gave the legal maximum to the Arizona senator in May. The same month, the members of Trump’s family — wife Melania Knauss and children Donald Jr, Ivanka and Eric — also gave McCain the maximum individual donation allowed under federal campaign finance laws.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...dorses-mccain/

Sarah Palin has also worked for the FOX network of Jacob Rothschild’s and Jared Kushner’s friend - Rupert Murdoch.
    In 2015, Palin interviewed Donald on her show “On Point”.

In 2016, when Donald supposedly had a feud with John McCain, Sarah Palin publicly endorsed Trump for president.
    In early 2010, Palin was the keynote speaker at a National Tea Party Convention in Nashville, Tennessee. The Tea Party is affiliated with Ron and Rand Paul: https://www.npr.org/2016/01/23/46406...r-donald-trump

For the feud that gave Donald Trump some additional press coverage and votes, Trump-backer Sheldon Adelson donated $1.2 million to Senator John McCain’s super PAC: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...porting-mccain

In 2008, Sheldon Adelson raised more than $200,000 for McCain: http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/comme...ing-each-other

Donald Trump’s long-time friend Lynn Forester de Rothschild (publisher of the Economist) is a board member of the McCain institute.
    In 2014, the McCain institute received $1,000,000 from the the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia and $300,000 through the Eranda Rothschild foundation (Sir Evelyn and Lynn Forester de Rothschild).
    When McCain was travelling through the UK, he made a stop at London’s Spencer House for a fundraiser luncheon hosted by the Rothschilds.

The McCain institute also received donations from the Phoenix-based mining company Freeport-McMoRan, reportedly controlled by Trump's close friende Carl Icahn, whose mining operations in West Papua, Indonesia are said to have brought poverty and genocide to the indigenous population: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/joh...HujJBLqae4o.99

John McCain has also been spotted with Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman, who has also donated to McCain: http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitol.../?link=instory

Wayne Lee Berman is a close friend of McCain and served as Finance Chairman of his 2008 presidential campaign, after being a senior advisor to the 2000 and 2004 Bush-Cheney campaigns.
    Berman currently works for the Blackstone Group: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Berman
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page2

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/stat...07392438943744

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A former Senator who went to his grave hating President Donald J. Trump lied when was asked by a reporter whether he had leaked the bogus Steele Dossier, and became enraged that she would question his “integrity.”
    “As soon as I got it, I gave it to the director of the FBI,” McCain told a reporter upon questioning.
    Kerry Picket at Grabien dug up the audio file of the interview.
    The reporter kept digging, asking if BuzzFeed or any other media outlet had access to the unverified and salacious document, which, at that point, had been leaked to the media by an anonymous source.

“Damned if I know,” McCain shot back. “How would I know? I didn’t give anybody any . I looked at it, I took it over to the Director of the FBI.”
    He also indignantly assured the reporter that no one else in his office had access to it, or could have leaked it, telling her “I was the only one who had it.”
    He then took a question from another reporter, and used his response to back the Trump administration. The first reporter then followed up with another question about the dossier, and McCain became enraged.
    “I will repeat to you: I was told about it, someone went over and got it, it was given to me and me only – my safe. As soon as I saw it, I called up the FBI, and I said ‘I have this, I’m not having any copies, I’m not having anything to do with it, I’m giving it to you.'”

“Look, how many times do I have to tell you?” he asked. “How many times do I have to answer your question? You are questioning my integrity right now. The answer is no. Please don’t ask it again. I gave it to no one except the Director of the FBI, and I don’t know why you’re digging this up now.”
    But McCain’s defense was shredded by a December court filing, which claimed that a friend of his handed over the Democrat-funded, British spy’s work to BuzzFeed.
    From The Daily Caller:
    A longtime associate of late Republican Arizona Sen. John McCain provided a copy of the infamous Steele dossier to BuzzFeed News, according to an explosive court filing released Wednesday.
    David Kramer, a former State Department official who was an executive at the McCain Institute, met on Dec. 29, 2016 with BuzzFeed reporter Ken Bensinger, according to a filing submitted Wednesday by U.S. District Court Judge Ursula Ungaro.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/proof-...r-to-buzzfeed/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

bump

2 + 2 = 5.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) may have died last summer, but his legacy of belligerence is far from dead as his progeny, Meghan, recently ran her mouth on ABC’s “The View” to blast Julian Assange for exposing war crimes cheered on by her father.
    “The politics of this have always been completely hypocritical on both sides,” McCain said during a heated debate on the TV show today.
    She believes that Democrats should have pushed for Assange to be apprehended during the Obama administration so more acts of war sanctioned by her father and his colleagues could be hidden from the public.
    “This is something that a lot of people who have put national security first — I put myself in that category — have been warning about and warning about and warning about,” McCain said. “And the only time the Democrats started caring is when it started affecting them politically and Hillary Clinton’s emails were released.”

Sunny Hostin, Senior Legal Correspondent and Analyst for ABC News, put McCain in her place, explaining the importance of independent journalism in a free society.
    “I think that if you have a problem with Julian Assange and what he released in terms of national security, then you need to have a problem with the Pentagon Papers, you need to have a problem with the Panama Papers, you need to have a problem with the Iraq and Afghanistan war logs being released,” Hostin, who used to work as a CNN legal analyst, said.
    “Our Constitution does protect Julian Assange,” Hostin declared.
    “I think what you said was just straight propaganda, just so we’re clear,” McCain said.

“Well, if the law is propaganda, then I’m sorry,” Hostin retorted.
    This is when Meghan demonstrated anger reminiscent of her volatile father, who once used a vile slur to denigrate his beloved wife in front of a gaggle of reports after losing his temper. She proclaimed that she hopes Assange “rots in hell!”

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/daddys...-rots-in-hell/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I am sure she would defended her Father's record and how lovely and wonderful Libya must be enjoying American freedom and democracy!

... and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands...

But they INSIST we are a Democracy?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, its pretty nice not having to hear McCains voice.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    You know, its pretty nice not having to hear McCains voice.
    I second this motion.

2 + 2 = 5.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/s...45204000862208

She just wants her daddy to have company.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718