Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: McCain just died!

Remember That Time Dr. Paul Gave McCain a Lesson?

"Diverse weights are an abomination unto the LORD, and a false balance is not good." - Proverbs 20:23

"Federal Reserve-generated increases in money supply cause economic inequality... By the time the increased money supply trickles down to middle- and working-class Americans, the economy is already beset by inflation. So most average Americans see their standard of living decline as a result of Fed-engendered money supply increases." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good reminder video! $#@!in bump.
    I do not consent.

Bump.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

01/09/19

Officials in Scottsdale, Ariz., voted this week to halt work on a mural honoring the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) amid concerns over “protocol” and complaints from neighbors.
    The “Maverick Mural” was approved by the Scottsdale Development Review Board last month, but city council members voted 5-2 on Tuesday to review that decision, according to the Arizona Republic.
    City Councilwoman Kathy Littlefield raised concerns that local artist Aaron Bass and architect Tommy Suchart did not go through proper public art processes to get the mural approved, insisting to the paper that her opposition was not political.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...hn-mccain-over

I'm told the Senate quickly and quietly nixed a building rename too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bring Up My Post.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On Tuesday, Trump, 71, sat down for a private lunch with broadcast news anchors ahead of his State of the Union address and unleashed a plethora of jabs at fellow political leaders, The New York Times reported.
    “He wrote a book and the book bombed,” Trump said of Sen. McCain, who died in August of stage-four brain cancer. He was 81.
    McCain’s latest and final book The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights and Other Appreciations was published in April 2018.
    Trump’s verbal attack came after he recounted the story in which McCain voted against an Obamacare repeal — which he considered the ultimate betrayal.

The president also slammed former Vice President Joe Biden as “dumb,” The New York Times reported.
    “I hope it’s Biden,” Trump said after explaining that he hopes to run against Biden for president.
    “Biden was never very smart. He was a terrible student. His gaffes are unbelievable. When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe. When Biden says something dumb, it’s because he’s dumb,” Trump said.
    He also made fun of Gov. Ralph Northam for “choking like a dog” when trying to explain a racist yearbook photo during a recent news conference, according to The Times.
    Trump then took aim at Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who has been open about her Native American heritage, saying, “I hope I haven’t wounded Pocahontas too badly,” The New York Times reported.
    “I’d like to run against her.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...044141933.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wonder if McCains spirit was there at the SOTU.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wonder if McCains spirit was there at the SOTU.
    He was Ginsburg's date.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Cindy McCain, the widow of the late Arizona Sen. John McCain, apologized Wednesday after Phoenix police disputed her claim that she stopped a human trafficking attempt at an airport.
    “I commend the police officers for their diligence. I apologize if anything else I have said on this matter distracts from ‘if you see something, say something,’” McCain wrote on Twitter.
    Her apology came after city’s authorities refuted McCain’s claim on Monday that she saw a child being trafficked at the Sky Harbor International Airport last week.

Sgt. Armando Carbajal told KTAR that after officers investigated the matter promptly at the request of McCain, including running a welfare check on a child, they found “no evidence of criminal conduct or child endangerment.”

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cin...ing-at-airport

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Cindy McCain, the widow of the late Arizona Sen. John McCain, apologized Wednesday after Phoenix police disputed her claim that she stopped a human trafficking attempt at an airport.

“I commend the police officers for their diligence. I apologize if anything else I have said on this matter distracts from ‘if you see something, say something,’” McCain wrote on Twitter.
    Her apology came after city’s authorities refuted McCain’s claim on Monday that she saw a child being trafficked at the Sky Harbor International Airport last week.

Sgt. Armando Carbajal told KTAR that after officers investigated the matter promptly at the request of McCain, including running a welfare check on a child, they found “no evidence of criminal conduct or child endangerment.”
    See something nothing, say something.
    "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana (paraphrase)

Unfortunately, those who do learn from history are doomed to repeat it, too - because they unwisely imagine that what they've learned makes them clever enough to get away with it this time ...

MOFA - Make Orwell Fiction Again

bump
    - SUPPORT FREE TRADE, SMUGGLE -

2 + 2 = 5.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

bump

2 + 2 = 5.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...020/ar-BBTu7su

Retired astronaut Mark Kelly announced Tuesday that he is running to finish the late Sen. John McCain's last term representing Arizona, which ends in 2022.

Kelly is the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords, who survived being shot in the head in a 2011 mass shooting that left six dead in Tuscon, Arizona. Since that attack, Giffords and Kelly have been prominent advocates for gun control.

2 + 2 = 5.

Well, at least he can't do anymore harm bump.

I do not consent.

You think you can catch a horrible disease while in Hell?

Calvin Coolidge

I was just wondering if Hell has a Senate.

What am I saying? Of course Hell has a Senate!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/statu...53484413980672

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    See something nothing, say something.
    Never can be too careful.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

An American hero, who even to his death did so much service to his country.

RIP. We will never forget, August 25 2018.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

ďThe nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.Ē --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Newly unsealed court filings show the office of the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., shared with the FBI and a host of media outlets the unverified dossier that alleged the Russians had compromising information on now-President Trump.
    McCain had denied being the source for BuzzFeed after it published the dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, but had acknowledged giving it to the FBI.

In a newly unsealed declaration from September, former senior counterintelligence FBI agent Bill Priestap confirmed that the FBI received a copy of the first 33 pages of the dossier in December 2016 from McCain.
    In another filing, David Kramer -- a former State Department official and McCain associate -- said in a Dec. 13, 2017, deposition that the dossier was given to him by author and former British spy Christopher Steele, which he then provided to more than a dozen journalists at outlets including CNN, BuzzFeed and The Washington Post. The details were first reported by The Daily Caller.
    The report was also shared with State Department official Victoria Nuland, Obama National Security Council official Celeste Wallander and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.

In his deposition, Kramer said that McCain gave a copy of the dossier to then-FBI Director James Comey on Dec. 9. Kramer told investigators that it was the sense from Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson that “having Senator McCain provide it to the FBI would give it a little more oomph than it had had up until that point.”

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cou...-trump-dossier

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bump

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bump
    Still dead.
    ďThe nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.Ē --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast