Thread: Wells Fargo Terminates Campaign Account of Florida Candidate Who Supports Medical Marijuana

Wells Fargo Terminates Campaign Account of Florida Candidate Who Supports Medical Marijuana

A Florida candidate for agriculture commissioner says Wells Fargo terminated her campaign account because she supports medical marijuana.
    Democrat Nikki Fried said Monday that the banking giant started asking questions about her platform after she joined the statewide race: Does she advocate more access to medical marijuana? Would she accept contributions from medical marijuana lobbyists?

Fried responded in July that she herself had lobbied for medical marijuana companies, and received contributions from lobbyists. Then, just weeks before the Aug. 28 primary, Wells Fargo said it was shutting down her account, based on a review of its banking risks.

More at: https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...491269981.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    but but, banks tied to the Federal Reserve are not private...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

the fight is on. demonetizing private accounts like AJ's. It will continue.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This website needs an avenue (ISP and banking) to to be online. Will it be next?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Prescription opioids and alcohol kill more people than pot but sure - no problem using their money. Evil weed legal in more states every year, we can't have that!
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Should be very clear who are real rulers are now.

And people fall all over themselves to make them rich.

I'm going to end up getting downright ugly sometime, watching yet another clueless $#@! swipe a debit card for a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Should be very clear who are real rulers are now.

And people fall all over themselves to make them rich.

I'm going to end up getting downright ugly sometime, watching yet another clueless $#@! swipe a debit card for a cup of coffee.
    I bank at a small community bank, but still my debit card is mastercard. Not sure what to do about it for online purchases. @HH had a card backed by gold but I don't think he's doing it anymore.
    "The Patriarch"

I can't wait for the cashless society! /s

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I can't wait for the cashless society! /s
    I saw the /s but I have to say I'm dreading it.
    "The Patriarch"

I was talking to a Congressional candidate yesterday (Jeff Scott, NC 9th) and he said facebook rejected his boosted post ad because it advocated for legalization of cannabis for veterans. FB would only accept the ad once he changed it into a euphemism for legalization, thus bypassing their filter algos.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

They're turning the screws.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows