Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brazil's Leftist Workers' Party Dominates Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    You could pick somebody at random from the streets of Rio de Janeiro to find a “better” candidate than Zionist Nazi Jair Bolsonaro.
    They weren't running.

Or better yet; could vote for Nobody: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lections/page4
    You can vote for nobody all you want and somebody will take office even if you get a majority on your side.

Maybe I should see it as a compliment that Sionshyll has been instructed to insult me: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6722784
    I am just a little proud to find myself in opposition to a big government leftist:

Thanks Donald Trump… for understanding that humans and the environment are a threat to corporate profits…

The Trump administration announced that it will roll back an Obama-era water rule to protect drinking water and the waterways that flow into it. Obama waited 7 years before this rule was put in place in 2015...

Critics say 60% of US waterways will be at risk for pollution from corporate giants, "Piece by piece, molecule by molecule, Trump is handing over our country to corporate polluters and other industrial interests at the expense of our future": https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ations-streams

In the Kingdom of the Netherlands we also have "laws", like for example that all court verdict must be published. The argument for NOT publishing more than 90% of these verdicts is that it costs too much money!
    WOTUS was an abomination, it stole property rights and imposed government ownership and control over huge swaths of territory.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Paulo Guedes will become Brazil’s secretary of the economy. He’s under 2 separate investigations for fraud in investment funds.
    Guedes’ investment company, BR Educacional, got R1 billion from 5 state-owned companies. This was invested in Guedes’ HSM Educacional (now called BR Educaçao Executiva). HSM Educacional bought an Argentinian company for over R16 million. Both companies ended up losing money for investors.
    The second probe involving Guedes is a possible fraud in an investment his company made in engineering firm Enesa Participaçoes. Guedes invested R112 million that disappeared without a trace. State bank Caixa Econemica was one of the investors.
    Guedes’ company Bozano will likely profit from the privatization of health, education, and energy services that he’ll push through.
    Government shoouldn't be running health, education energy services, you are letting your inner commie out for everyone to see.

Marcos Pontes will head of the new Science, Technology, and Communications Department.
    Pontes was investigated for owning part of the company Portally Eventos e Produçoes, that sells nice promotional stuff related to his career as an astronaut, like small figurines, mousepads, and watches.This is illegal, so he simply denied his association with Portally.
    Because of the statute of limitations this cased was closed. Then almost immediately Pontes owned 80% of Portally.
    Oh! Horrors!, we can't have a man who sold illegal mousepads! Stalin would be better.

Jair Bolsonaro has promised that he will strip Brazilian government’s environment agencies of their powers to impose “fines”:
    Bolsonaro was fined 10,000 reais (£2,026) in fines for illegally fishing in 2012. He said, he was “living proof of the bias and bad work of some inspectors of Ibama and ICMBio”.

This of course will be great for the companies that pollute the environment: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8663596.html
    Please don't take away my liberty loving government fines! Nothing says freedom like government fines!

I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of his opponents is any better or which of them has even one good thing that can be said about them.

This alone is enough for me to declare him the best available option until make a decent case for someone else:

Brazil to relax gun laws!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Please don't take away my liberty loving government fines! Nothing says freedom like government fines!
    The Sionshyll obviously thinks it a good idea that the big corporations can pollute without being fined...

Mining colossus Freeport McMoRan, is controlled by Carl Icahn.

These days the Grasberg mine is the largest gold mine and the second largest copper mine in the world, with a controversial reputation.
    Freeport-McMoRan owned 90.64% of PT Freeport Indonesia (PT-FI), the rest owned by Rothschild’s Rio Tinto (affiliated with the Rothschild family), which exploits the Ertsberg and Grasberg mines.

Freeport and Rio Tinto have been heavily criticised over the environmental damages caused by the Grasberg mine.
    The mine pollutes the Aikwa riverside and Arafura Sea. Some 230 square kilometres (89 sq mi) will be covered by toxic sediments. Fish have nearly disappeared from the now-turbid waters of the Aikwa River which have become unsuitable for aquatic life.
    In 2004, Indonesian Environment Ministry's field found levels of sediments from 7,500 to 37,500 milligrams per litre, while the maximum permitted is 400 milligrams per litre.
    In 2005, it was reported that since 1997 Freeport has been violating Indonesian environmental laws.

How did they “fix” a minor “technicality” like destroying the environment?
    Between 1998 and 2004, Freeport gave military and police officers nearly $20 million (one individual received up to $150,000). How much did politicians and lawyers get?
    In July 2011, copper miners went on strike in protest of their low wages of some $1.50 an hour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasberg_mine
    (archived here: http://archive.is/4noMB)

Freeport-McMoRan Mining Company hired attorney Munarman, spokesman and former military commander for the FPI. Munarman was videotaped at a ceremony where young men swear allegiance to ISIS and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
    During the mass protests against the governor, FPI leader Habib Rizieq Shihab called for “hanging” Ahok. Joining Rizieq at the protests were the FPI’s spokesman and militia chief, Munarman, as well as Fadli Zon.
    See Rizieq with Fadli Zon (on the right).

See Donald Trump and his Indonesian business partner Fadli Zon.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Another interesting polluter is Ira Rennert of the Gatestone Institute that's affiliated with the SCL Group that push the SSionist agenda through SSionist politicians worldwide...

Ira Rennert was a board member of Integrated Resources that became infamous for junk bond swindler Michael Milken, who raised $2 billion through junk bonds. Integrated Resources collapsed amid scandal and defaulted on $1 billion of bond debt in May 1989, but Ira Rennert remained free of charges.

Ira Rennert continued the junk bond swindle to finance acquisitions for the Renco Group. Rennert acquired the shares of struggling companies and financed the acquisition by issuing junk bonds.
    Rennert paid substantial dividends out of Renco to himself.

In 1989, Renco acquired the largest magnesium producer in the US - Magnesium Corp. in Utah. Magnesium Corp refines magnesium from the water of the Great Salt Lake using chemicals.
    In 1996, Renco established Renco Metals, Inc. as a holding company for Magnesium Corp and issued $150 million in bonds.
    Just like WCI Steel, which was controlled by Ira Rennert, the company paid Renco $90 million in dividends by the year end.

Toxic heavy metals from Magnesium Corp - like arsenic, cadmium and lead - rained down as fine dust on the Herculaneum community in Missouri.
    In 2001, the Department of Justice filed charges against Magnesium Corp for violating the hazardous waste law, and noted that Rennert’s removal of money from Magnesium Corp, was “leaving the companies insolvent and unable to pay their bills”.
    The court case went on until 17 August 2010, when the Court of Appeals ruled that the Magnesium facility in Rowley, Utah was illegally disposing waste.

In 1997, the corrupt Peruvian government sold their government owned smelter in La Oroya to the Rennert controlled Doe Run.
    Two million pounds of contamination were spewing out of those chimneys every single day. The contamination (including lead) became trapped between narrow canyon walls creating a huge gas chamber, and fell like rain on every inch of the city. That resulted in over 99% of the city’s 12,000 children having lead levels high above US standards. The people face the risk of cancer at 2,000 times the normal rate.
    After 10 years, the Blacksmith Institute published that La Oroya was among the top 10 of most polluted places. Rennert responded by splitting the La Oroya operation off from Doe Run: https://talpiottalk.com/2018/04/20/t...eborg-rennert/
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6696871

In 2017, John Bolton (before he became Trump’s NSA) was awarded “The Guardian of Zion Award” by Ira's wife Ingeborg Rennert.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Sionshyll obviously thinks it a good idea that the big corporations can pollute without being fined...

Mining colossus Freeport McMoRan, is controlled by Carl Icahn.

These days the Grasberg mine is the largest gold mine and the second largest copper mine in the world, with a controversial reputation.
    Freeport-McMoRan owned 90.64% of PT Freeport Indonesia (PT-FI), the rest owned by Rothschild’s Rio Tinto (affiliated with the Rothschild family), which exploits the Ertsberg and Grasberg mines.

Freeport and Rio Tinto have been heavily criticised over the environmental damages caused by the Grasberg mine.
    The mine pollutes the Aikwa riverside and Arafura Sea. Some 230 square kilometres (89 sq mi) will be covered by toxic sediments. Fish have nearly disappeared from the now-turbid waters of the Aikwa River which have become unsuitable for aquatic life.
    In 2004, Indonesian Environment Ministry's field found levels of sediments from 7,500 to 37,500 milligrams per litre, while the maximum permitted is 400 milligrams per litre.
    In 2005, it was reported that since 1997 Freeport has been violating Indonesian environmental laws.

How did they “fix” a minor “technicality” like destroying the environment?
    Between 1998 and 2004, Freeport gave military and police officers nearly $20 million (one individual received up to $150,000). How much did politicians and lawyers get?
    In July 2011, copper miners went on strike in protest of their low wages of some $1.50 an hour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasberg_mine
    (archived here: http://archive.is/4noMB)

Freeport-McMoRan Mining Company hired attorney Munarman, spokesman and former military commander for the FPI. Munarman was videotaped at a ceremony where young men swear allegiance to ISIS and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
    During the mass protests against the governor, FPI leader Habib Rizieq Shihab called for “hanging” Ahok. Joining Rizieq at the protests were the FPI’s spokesman and militia chief, Munarman, as well as Fadli Zon.
    See Rizieq with Fadli Zon (on the right).

See Donald Trump and his Indonesian business partner Fadli Zon.
    Pollution is bad, government tyranny is worse, commie.
    What's even worse yet is that government never solve pollution, it often makes it worse, commie.
    Move to Venezuela and tell us all about how wonderful big government is, commie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pollution is bad, government tyranny is worse, commie.
    I don't support any form of tyranny, while you blatantly support the fascism of Bolsonaro, Guedes, Trump and his ilk. And you appear to think that corporate profits are more important than the well-being of the average Joe...
    Not really surprising!

In his first week in office, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro announced plans to privatise 44 airports, slash taxes for the rich, cut pensions, and set the minimum wage lower than was planned by his predecessor.
    Critics say this will worsen inequality across Brazil, putting corporate profits above the well-being of middle- and lower-class families.

Bolsonaro unveiled plans to raise the miniumum wage at a lower rate than what was recommended by Michel Temer's outgoing government - to about $260 per month, 8 dollars (3.1%) less than previously planned.

Finance Minister Paulo Guedes announced plans to privatise state power company Eletrobas.
    Guedes also announed on Twitter that 12 airports and 4 seaports will be privatised, claiming Brazil is burdened by "hundreds of bureaucratic governing bodies" and that this will earn $1.85 billion in private investments.

Guedes also expressed the need for “tax simplification and reduction” – which sounds like an euphemism for slashing taxes for the rich so that low and middle income families can pay more taxes: https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...rich-and-wages

I don't support any form of tyranny, while you blatantly support the fascism of Bolsonaro, Guedes, Trump and his ilk. And you appear to think that corporate profits are more important than the well-being of the average Joe...
    Not really surprising!

In his first week in office, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro announced plans to privatise 44 airports, slash taxes for the rich, cut pensions, and set the minimum wage lower than was planned by his predecessor.
    Critics say this will worsen inequality across Brazil, putting corporate profits above the well-being of middle- and lower-class families.

Bolsonaro unveiled plans to raise the miniumum wage at a lower rate than what was recommended by Michel Temer's outgoing government - to about $260 per month, 8 dollars (3.1%) less than previously planned.

Finance Minister Paulo Guedes announced plans to privatise state power company Eletrobas.
    Guedes also announed on Twitter that 12 airports and 4 seaports will be privatised, claiming Brazil is burdened by "hundreds of bureaucratic governing bodies" and that this will earn $1.85 billion in private investments.

Guedes also expressed the need for “tax simplification and reduction” – which sounds like an euphemism for slashing taxes for the rich so that low and middle income families can pay more taxes: https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...rich-and-wages
    All I hear is more support for government control of the economy and private property from a commie.

Bolsonaro may not be perfect, I have never said he was, I even said that it sounded like Brazil didn't have any good choices but Bolsonaro is the least bad and has some outright good things about him.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me one non-communist good thing about any of his opponents. (Voting for nobody isn't a solution because somebody will take office anyway)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Icahn – Brazilian iron

Thanks to you ponting out that envrionmental protection is even worse than “communism”, I can bring another exclusive.
    Please don’t tell a soul and keep this all hushed up!

Trump’s long-time friend and adviser, the billionaire Carl Icahn, will profit from ending those silly laws that prevent corporations polluting Brazil by the Bolsonaro government. How many people will die because of this?
    On 18 August 2017, Icahn resigned his presidential advisory post after some media claimed that he had profited from his position by pushing regulatory changes that benefited his business interests.

In 2012 Carl Icahn bought a large stake in Ferrous Resources Ltd., which mines iron in Brazil.
    In 2015, Appleby’s Isle of Man offices assisted Icahn in his purchase of additional shares of Ferrous Resources to give him majority stake.

Appleby set up a complex offshore structure for Icahn to evade taxes. It utilises holding companies in tax havens — Atlantic Iron in Luxembourg and Mediterranean Iron in Malta — to control Ferrous in Brazil.
    The structure of Ferrous Resources means it escapes disclosure requirements under an Obama-era law to prevent offshore tax evasion: http://archive.vn/VDFQV

The rabbit hole runs even deeper...

On 8 March 2018, President Trump signed an order to impose a 25% tariff on steel and a 10% tariff on aluminium imports in 15 days.
    Gullible fools might think that this will hurt the Brazilian business interests of Carl Icahn (iron is the most important ingredient of steel)...

But then on 30 April, in a “surprising move”, President Donald gave Canada, Mexico, Australia, Argentina, South Korea, and Brazil exemption from the steel and aluminium tariffs.

There are also quotas to reduce the imports of steel and aluminium to the US.
    But then in August, President Donald allowed relief from the quotas on aluminum from Argentina and on steel from South Korea, Argentina and Brazil: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1LF02B
    archived here: http://archive.vn/zCmv8)

I had earlier found out that the Freeport McMoRan, reportedly also controlled by Carl Icahn, is massively polluting New Guinea in Indonesia.

See Donald Trump and his billionaire friend Carl Icahn.

Guedes - Soros

I’m not even suprised to find links between George Soros - Clinton-supporter, who has lent hundreds of millions of dollars to Donald Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner – and Jair Bolsonaro’s minister of Economy Paulo Roberto Nunes Guedes.

Guedes is the cofounder of the BTG Pactual investment bank.
    In July 2017, BTG Pactual went in business with the Brazilian investment boutique that was founded in 2003 by Arminio Fraga.
    Fraga had previously been president of Brazil’s central bank and a manager in George Soros’s fund: https://citywireamericas.com/news/bt...tique/a1035423

Resumidamente, an investor in BTG Pactual, handles Brazilian investments for George Soros.
    Guedes’ Instituto Millenium, a Brazilian right wing legal think tank, also was aided by the Open Society Foundation of George Soros (in Portuguese, which I don’t speak well): http://novaresistencia.org/2018/09/2...-george-soros/

Bolsonaro – UKCG

Corruption was at the top of Jair Bolsonaro’s campaign. His top deputies and cabinet appointments are the same (or even worse?) corrupt gang of crooks that are part of Trump´s cabinet.
    There's just no end to the scandals surrounding Bolsonaro (just like Donald Trump...).

Steve Bannon´s strategy couldn´t possibly have worked without the backing of a strong media presence in Brazil.
    It looks like the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UKCG) that was founded by Edir Macedo in 1977 was one of the most important supporters of Jair Bolsonaro´s presidential campaign.

The media empire controlled by the UKCG has blatantly attacked anybody that criticised Jair Bolsonaro, while Bolsonaro (like Donald Trump) simply called any criticism “fake”...

The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God receives more than $800 million in donations every year across Brazil. Between 2001 and 2008, the UKCG church earned $8 billion in donations from some 8 million followers in Brazil.
    Tax authorities charged the UKCG of using shell companies to launder the money. Macedo became a billionaire by taking a chunk of the donations with his co-conspirators for “private and commercial purposes”; $2 billion in donations from 2003 to 2008 alone.

Brazil’s tax agency found that Macedo used interest-free loans from the UKCG Church to buy Rede Record in 1990, Brazil´s second largest media network, and fined him for failing to declare the loans as income.
    A federal judge ultimately rejected criminal charges that Rede Record was acquired through fraudulent means, arguing that it couldn´t be proved that frontmen were used to mask the real ownership.

Bishop Edir Macedo and his wife, Ester Eunice Rangel Bezerra, own 2 luxury apartments in Miami, Florida.
    The Public Prosecutor’s Office discovered that the money was laundered through facade companies controlled by UKCG: https://theintercept.com/2018/10/20/...the-intercept/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/oikxc)

Macedo also heads a bank.
    The Universal Church of God places a strong emphasis on money and employs “tithing”, a practice whereby members have to donate 10% of all income.

The UCKG is banned in several countries.
    In 2005, the UCKG church was banned for a second time in Zambia for allegations including satanic worship, child sacrifice and drugs trafficking. Similar accusations were made against UKCG in South Africa.

Marie Therese Kouao was found guilty of murdering the 8-year-old Victoria Climbie in February 2000 during an “exorcism” at a UCKG centre in London.
    The UCKG church was cleared of wrongdoing, but the Charity Commission recommended implementation of child protection policies.

In December 2017, Portugal’s Attorney General’s Office opened an inquiry into the illegal adoption of babies by a centre run by the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God.
    According to a Portuguese TV station at least 10 Portuguese children were stolen from their mothers in the 1990s from a UCKG centre in Lisbon and sold to couples abroad: https://culteducation.com/group/1211...n-belfast.html
    (archived here: http://archive.is/NBao6)

The latest (?) financial scandal plaguing Brazil’s new President Jair Bolsonaro, who campaigned on the promise to eradicate corruption completely...
    Maybe the collapse of a mining dam near the southeast city of Brumadinho will keep the media attention away from the crooked gang surrounding Brazilian President Bolsonaro?

In December, the Council for Financial Activities Control (COAF) identified 1.2 million reais ($305,000) that flowed through the bank account of Queiroz to the bank accounts of the president's eldest son, member of parliament Flavio Bolsonaro, and Bolsonaro’s wife, Michelle in 2016-17.
    The Bolsonaros and Queiroz have denied any wrongdoing, according to Jair Bolsonaro Queiroz repaid a personal loan to Michelle.

COAF later identified cash transfers worth almost 100,000 reais ($26,665) in June and July 2017 into Flavio’s account.
    In a TV interview, Flavio Bolsonaro said this was for an apartment he sold, but he didn’t clarify for what other reason the deposit was made in cash than to hide the origin.

Jair Bolsonaro has replied to the news with the comment that he “believes” in his son and that the accusations are “unfounded".
    Bolsonaro’s son had earlier denied wrongdoing, claiming that he is the victim of a “defamatory campaign”, after reports that he employed the mother and wife of a former cop that ran a criminal organisation: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1PQ4OI

In a lucky (or unlucky?) circumstance, on 6 September congressman Jair Bolsonaro reportedly was stabbed during a campaign rally for which he had to be operated and spend more than a week in hospital.

Bolsonaro's son, Flavio Bolsonaro, initially tweeted that the injury was superficial and his father was fine. However, an hour later he posted that the wound was "worse than we thought". His son also claimed that Bolsonaro suffered severe blood loss and arrived at the hospital "almost dead".
    Police arrested and identified the attacker as Adelio Bispo de Oliveira, who supposedly claimed he was on "a mission from God".
    This made his poll numbers rise by 15%.

Bolsonaro said during a campaign event that he would like to shoot corrupt members of the leftist Workers' Party: https://www.smh.com.au/world/south-a...07-p502a1.html

See the video of the stabbing (it doesn’t look convincing to me).
    For some reason the video was deleted by Youtube.

The “new” video I found video actually shows the “knife”.
    It doesn´t even look like it´s made of metal, more like some white, flexible plastic (0:07-0:24)...

The following video also shows that even after the stabbing, when he´s carried away, still no blood can be seen: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...175046507.html

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a latest ploy to divert attention from the blatant manipulation of the presidential elections in Brazil, the “reputable” Guardian announced “explosive” new leaked documents by former Cambridge Analytica staffer Brittany Kaiser, 100,000 pages released...
    If they are so “explosive”, where are the “bombshells” from this leak?!?

Maybe the most “explosive” from this leak, is that it proves that crooked politicians in Malaysia and India were lying when they denied having made use of the dirty practices of the Strategic Communication Laboratories Ltd. (SCL Group) to manipulate the elections:
    http://archive.is/r8zMs
    http://archive.is/y8tMX

First the news that they’re trying to hide…

On 30 December 2019, Brazil's Ministry Of Justice fined Facebook Inc 6.6 million-real ($1.64 million) for improperly sharing user data, related to the data used by Cambridge Analytica for the 2018 presidential election. That’s higher than the fine imposed on Facebook in Great Britain.
    Brazil's Ministry of Justice claims that Facebook did not adequately inform its users "about the consequences of the default privacy settings", especially related to the data of "friends and friends of friends".

Facebook has denied any wrongdoing with “We are focused on protecting people’s privacy” and have restricted “the information which App developers can access”.
    Facebook has said that it’ll probably appeal the decision (which should be done in 10 days) or the fine must be paid within 30 days.

Facebook estimated that data from 87 million users was shared with Cambridge Analytica in 2018.
    Even after Facebook announced changes to its data privacy in November 2019, still over 100 apps had access to user data.

In July 2019, Facebook was fined a record $5 billion in the United States for not protecting the data of its users.
    Italy has also fined Facebook for selling personal data to Cambridge Analytica: https://techerati.com/news-hub/faceb...able-purposes/
    (http://archive.is/9mFzY)

In another cover-up ploy, on 2 December 2019 President Donald Trump made another BS tweet, announcing to restore tariffs on Argentina, Brazil, calling out the countries for devaluing their currency.
    Trump tweeted:
    Brazil and Argentina have been presiding over a massive devaluation of their currencies. which is not good for our farmers. Therefore, effective immediately, I will restore the Tariffs on all Steel & Aluminum that is shipped into the U.S. from those countries
    In 2019, Carl Icahn profited from the US importing about 3.8 million metric tons of steel from Brazil, about 3.5% of the 110 million tons of steel consumed in the US per year: https://business.financialpost.com/n...-swipes-at-fed

On 20 December, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro announced that US President Donald Trump told him by phone that the tariffs on Brazilian steel and aluminium won’t be restored at all (to 25% and 10% respectively), as tweeted 18 days earlier: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1YO2EK

This could be another cover-up story for diversion: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Memory-in-Fall

The following from a 10-piece long series of articles, includes information on the Judge that sentenced former Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva to jail.
    According to some experts Lula could have won the 2018 presidential elections in a landslide, if he wasn’t locked up (Lula has by now been released from prison by the way).

Judge Sergio Moro, who ruled in the corruption case against Lula, directed the prosecutors’ media strategy and advised them to mock the defence of Lula.
    On 10 May 2017, Judge Moro sent a message to senior prosecutor in the Operation Car Wash task force Carlos Fernando dos Santos Lima:
    You should prepare a press release explaining the contradictions between his testimony and the rest of the evidence or with his previous testimony. After all, the defense already put on their little show.
    https://theintercept.com/2019/06/17/...tion-car-wash/
    (http://archive.is/cpoUH)
    Last edited by Firestarter; 01-06-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Some experts have claimed that if Lula had ran for president of Brazil in 2018, he would have won with a landslide from Jair Bolsonaro. Lula was president of Brazil from 2003 to 2010.
    He couldn't run however because he was convicted in 2018 over the Operation Car Wash bribery scandal, and released in late 2019.

Today the Brazilian Supreme Court annulled the criminal convictions against Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
    This means that Lula could run for president in 2022 when Jair Bolsonaro will probably try to get reelected: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56326389

In Brazil, the Bolsonaro government has been accused of corruption related to the COVID vaccines.
    Roberto Dias, the health ministry's logistics director, asked for a bribe from Davati Medical Supply. In February, Dias asked Luiz Paulo Dominguetti of Davati for a dollar for each of the 400 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine that Brazil ordered.

President Jair Bolsonaro has also been accused of trying to to embezzle millions of dollars for 20 million doses of the Indian-made Covaxin vaccine (for 1.6 billion reais, $316 million), with with a Brazilian intermediary of the Indian vaccine, Bharat Biotech.
    This deal was allegedly masterminded by a key Bolsonaro ally. According to a health ministry official his superiors had exerted "atypical, excessive" pressure on him to approve payment for the over-billed deal: https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gov...raft-in-brazil
    (https://archive.is/LyTMT)

You could never expect how our wonderful media are now spinning the story, misrepresenting massive protests all across Brazil against Bolsonaro.
    Our wonderful media are now telling that these are because Brazilians want the lockdown to be even more brutal and demand the "right" to have "greater access" to the depopulation COVID vaccines. Brazilian prosecutors investigate whether Bolsonaro committed the crime of “prevarication”, because the lockdown wasn't harsh enough and he didn't get enough vaccines.

Bolsonaro and his cronies deny wrongdoing.
    If in 2022 the "Brazilian Trump" is replaced by the elderly Lula, could Lula be seen as the "Brazilian Biden": https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...o-over-vaccine

If in 2022 the "Brazilian Trump" is replaced by the elderly Lula, could Lula be seen as the "Brazilian Biden"
    With Bolsonaro the Brazilian Trump, and Lula the Brazilian Biden, will Brazil's 2022 presidential election mirror the 2020 US election?!?

Just imagine the horrors if young people lose all interest in the political freakshow. There is a growing disinterest of Brazilian teenagers in politics, with a record low number of teenagers with a voter registration.
    So several Hollywood stars are tring to convince them that it's important to vote, and that their vote really makes a difference.

These moviestars include: Leonardo DiCaprio; Julianne Moore (of Jurassic Park fame); Mark Ruffalo (the Hulk from the Marvel movies); and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker from Star Wars).
    It has been claimed that these stars have a left wing bias, and support Lula...

The marketing company Quid is behind this campaign to get young Brazilians to vote.
    One of Quid’s partners is Pedro Telles, co-founder of Bancada Ativista, linked to the Socialism and Freedom Party (PSOL) dedicated to getting left-wing activists elected in São Paulo. Other Quid partners are also associated with the left wing Fernando Haddad (PT) and PSOL: https://www.newsrelease.in/hulk-luke...-registration/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123