Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Why Can't Alex Jones HAVE A Platform??' - Tucker Carlson Reacts To Censorship Alex Jones

Thumbs up 'Why Can't Alex Jones HAVE A Platform??' - Tucker Carlson Reacts To Censorship Alex Jones

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ruled by a bunch of Sheldon Coopers...

Why SHOULD Alex Jones have a platform?

If the government were threatening to imprison/fine him for his activities, I'd be defending him on free speech grounds (albeit without much enthusiasm), but that isn't the case. Various owners of various pieces of private property (youtube, facebook, et al) have simply decided to revoke his license to use their property (he used it at their pleasure, having no right to do so: like a guest at a house party), and I would do the same if it were my property, and so I applaud their decisions. Now, if it were my property, I'd also revoke the licenses of the democrat versions of Alex Jones, which youtube at el won't do, but one victory at a time. Piss on Jones; may he lose much money, go bankrupt, and end his career hawking dickpills on late night infomercials, where he belongs.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-19-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

If the government were threatening to imprison/fine him for his activities, I'd be defending him on free speech grounds (albeit without much enthusiasm), but that isn't the case. Various owners of various of pieces of private property (youtube, facebook, et al) have simply decided to revoke his license to use their property (he used it at their pleasure, having no right to do so: like a guest at a house party), and I would do the same if it were my property, and so I applaud their decisions. Now, if it were my property, I'd also revoke the licenses of the democrat versions of Alex Jones, which youtube at el won't do, but one victory at a time. Piss on Jones; may he lose much money, go bankrupt, and end his career hawking dickpills on late night infomercials, where he belongs.
    This has been discussed before, there is government involvement with google etc., specifically there was government involvement with the censorship, besides that it is case of false advertising since they advertise that they offer freedom of speech and the reasons they gave for silencing him are false.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The best way to solve this problem would be for Trump and other prominent politicians/celebrities to lead a migration to platforms that play fair.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If the government were threatening to imprison/fine him for his activities, I'd be defending him on free speech grounds (albeit without much enthusiasm), but that isn't the case. Various owners of various pieces of private property (youtube, facebook, et al) have simply decided to revoke his license to use their property (he used it at their pleasure, having no right to do so: like a guest at a house party), and I would do the same if it were my property, and so I applaud their decisions. Now, if it were my property, I'd also revoke the licenses of the democrat versions of Alex Jones, which youtube at el won't do, but one victory at a time. Piss on Jones; may he lose much money, go bankrupt, and end his career hawking dickpills on late night infomercials, where he belongs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This has been discussed before, there is government involvement with google etc., specifically there was government involvement with the censorship, besides that it is case of false advertising since they advertise that they offer freedom of speech and the reasons they gave for silencing him are false.
    P.S. we have a right to lead a free market pressure/boycott campaign to get them to play fair.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is government involvement with every business entity and individual in the country.

It does not therefore follow that the property rights of said entities or individuals are dissolved.

To have the populous, via government, force private property owners to serve people they don't wish to serve is disgusting and shameful.

Any libertarian who is not a supreme hypocrite would recognize this (no matter his love for Chief Cries-A-Lot).

There is government involvement with every business entity and individual in the country.

It does not therefore follow that the property rights of said entities or individuals are dissolved.

To have the populous, via government, force private property owners to serve people they don't wish to serve is disgusting and shameful.

Any libertarian who is not a supreme hypocrite would recognize this (no matter his love for Chief Cries-A-Lot).
    There is a big difference between the kinds of government involvement under discussion and you ignored the false advertising issue.
    Also as I stated in my other comments there are free market responses that we should use to punish the offending companies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    P.S. we have a right to lead a free market pressure/boycott campaign to get them to play fair.
    Have at it.

Meanwhile, those of us who recognize Jones for the duplicitous used car selling weasel that he is are free to describe reality.

There is a big difference between the kinds of government involvement under discussion and you ignored the false advertising issue.
    Also as I stated in my other comments there are free market responses that we should use to punish the offending companies.
    1. I must have missed the memo on false advertising. Enlighten me.

2. As for the "free market responses" available to you, as I said, have at it.

Have at it.

Meanwhile, those of us who recognize Jones for the duplicitous used car selling weasel that he is are free to describe reality.
    And those of us who realize that he is the thin end of the wedge and that other much better voices are also being silenced will shake our heads in disbelief at your apathy while wondering if you are really on the side of the censors.

1. I must have missed the memo on false advertising. Enlighten me.
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The social media platforms are engaging in illegal in-kind contributions to Democrats.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

And those of us who realize that he is the thin end of the wedge and that other much better voices are also being silenced will shake our heads in disbelief at your apathy while wondering if you are really on the side of the censors.
    There is no reason for a libertarian to care about Jones, except in the abstract re freedom of speech, which is not implicated here.

As for the "false advertising;" if you can find a clause of their user-agreement which they violated, pass it along to Cries-A-Lot for a civil suit.

Otherwise, if it's just that their conduct did not (in your estimate) conform to their (deliberately) vague public relations statements, tough titty...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The social media platforms are engaging in illegal in-kind contributions to Democrats.
    So, assuming Federal Election Commission regulations are just (as you evidently do), prosecute them for their regulatory violations.

...what does this have to do with their decision to decline to allow some guy named Alex to use their property?

If I make illegal campaign contributions to some party, are you going to demand that the feds force me to let you live on my lawn?

I happen to agree, and when the Bolsheviks force another Christian baker to bake a wedding cake for fa ggots, then this will be a brilliant teaching moment about private property rights.

Jones was a fool for hooking his cart to these horses anyway.

He had the money and reach and audience to grow his networks, and bypass Screwgle and all the rest of them, just like Eric Peters has done.

But this makes him a martyr and proves his point at the same time.

So, the moral to that point, as far as big Bolshevik Teck is concerned, is just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jones will ultimately end up louder and stronger because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I happen to agree, and when the Bolsheviks force another Christian baker to bake a wedding cake for fa ggots, then this will be a brilliant teaching moment about private property rights.

Jones was a fool for hooking his cart to these horses anyway.

He had the money and reach and audience to grow his networks, and bypass Screwgle and all the rest of them, just like Eric Peters has done.

But this makes him a martyr and proves his point at the same time.

So, the moral to that point, as far as big Bolshevik Teck is concerned, is just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jones will ultimately end up louder and stronger because of this.
    I certainly hope not.

But, yes, censorship (in this context, no distinction between by the state or privately) does tend to make martyrs.

I certainly hope not.

But, yes, censorship (in this context, no distinction between by the state or privately) does tend to make martyrs.
    I'd almost bet on it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'd almost bet on it.
    It depends on how thorough and dedicated they are.

If all the major idiot-media venues keep the faith, he won't rise again (at least not on a scale large enough to matter).

If they eventually fold, and apologize and announce changes to their terms of use...blah blah - then major victory for Cries-A-Lot.

Daniel McAdams has pointed out repeatedly that Facebook is outsourcing it's censorship decisions to the Atlantic Council, a government/MIC sponsored entity.

When a government sponsored entity is engaging in censorship, does the First Amendment no longer apply? Is one degree of separation enough to negate the Bill of Rights?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

When this $#@! stirs up r3volution 3.0, you know AJ has hit it.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This is a bitingly brilliant sentence. It's Hunter S. Thompson honest. Almost vintage GONZO. It reminds me of the things that were said about Richard Milhous Nixon decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Daniel McAdams has pointed out repeatedly that Facebook is outsourcing it's censorship decisions to the Atlantic Council, a government/MIC sponsored entity.
    By choice?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

If Jones had his own platform then the ISP or whoever provides network connectivity would be the one cutting him off. After all people feel that speech that they don't like needs to be squelched.

It won't be long before this is on the floor of congress for vote, and headed to the great supreme court.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If Jones had his own platform then the ISP or whoever provides network connectivity would be the one cutting him off. After all people feel that speech that they don't like needs to be squelched.
    That's exactly what is happening on his very own platform, the powers are trying to pull the plug on that. They are threatening his internet providers they are also threatening the 200 plus radio stations that air his show. Not to mention one of his Mastercard accounts have been pulled from him store.

They have him in about 10 frivolous lawsuits to try and drain his money as well. The MSM are saying he said Sandy Hook was a hoax and no children died--he never said that at all. They have no quotes or even show a video that he said it--but they keep repeating that lie.

Then they go around saying that he said the Parkland shooting was a hoax, and the same thing, no exact quotes or anything--it is the lie repeated over and over to demonize him and to make him appear to be a kook. They also claimed his flagship radio station was taken down by the FCC, which is absolutely false. The Pirated account they spoke of was totally independent and played Alex Jones show but it had nothing to do with Alex Jones.

They revoked David Knight's Youtube channel and sent him a letter saying there was a complaint. That's it, that's all. It is definitely an orchestrated censorship. Those that do not think this is a big deal are certainly not paying close attention.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Even if he claimed Sandy Hook was a hoax, so what? Free speech! Some people believe the earth is flat and say so. Some people speak of their religious beliefs. Some people are anti-vaccination and speak their mind. Some people are vegan. The problem is the meat eater has no problem with a person that chooses to be vegetarian but the vegetarian thinks people should not eat meat. You don't care if I vaccinate my children but you are skeptical of vaccines. People that like vaccines think the entire populace should be vaccinated.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even if he claimed Sandy Hook was a hoax, so what? Free speech! Some people believe the earth is flat and say so. Some people speak of their religious beliefs. Some people are anti-vaccination and speak their mind. Some people are vegan. The problem is the meat eater has no problem with a person that chooses to be vegetarian but the vegetarian thinks people should not eat meat. You don't care if I vaccinate my children but you are skeptical of vaccines. People that like vaccines think the entire populace should be vaccinated.
    I certainly agree, but to say he said children didn't die is 'dangerous speech' according to the pundits. They are smearing and demonizing him so people think it is okay to take down Alex Jones because he is dangerous.

Just a few days ago Lester Holt interviewed Jack Dorsey from Twitter. Holt said Alex Jones said we need to take our guns to go after the media. That was an outright lie and yet people say Alex can take him to court for deformation, the problem is he is already in court times ten fighting frivolous lawsuits. It takes money to be in court and that is how they hope to put him in the poor house.

Here is the video I am referring too:

There is a blatant problem with interpretation that has perpetuated over the years. Glass half full versus half empty syndrome that has gotten completely out of hand. It matters not what is said or who said what anymore. The tribes will interpret what was said into what was intended and even the speaker is not able to set the record right. When a speaker tries to clarify a misinterpreted statement they are then accused of back pedaling or now changing what they initially said.

If twitter is acknowledging responsibility to monitor and protect the public from this speech, they should be sued if any person is involved in violence from tweets that twitter failed to delete.

There is a blatant problem with interpretation that has perpetuated over the years. Glass half full versus half empty syndrome that has gotten completely out of hand. It matters not what is said or who said what anymore. The tribes will interpret what was said into what was intended and even the speaker is not able to set the record right. When a speaker tries to clarify a misinterpreted statement they are then accused of back pedaling or now changing what they initially said.
    Yes, and when they took down all of Alex Jones public platforms there is no public forum for him to defend himself nor is there a platform where he can face his accusers. See how that works? So they can go on lying day after day, week after week and then banish him from the public view.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." ~ Vladimir Lenin

Here is an example of today's news full of lies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...publicans.html

Piss on Jones; may he lose much money, go bankrupt, and end his career hawking dickpills on late night infomercials, where he belongs.
    So, you are still associating with Holocaust deniers, buddy? I see. Nice.
    Last edited by H_H; 08-20-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast