Thread: Photos: 2018 Young Americans for Liberty National Convention ft. Ron Paul, Rand, Massie, Amash

Thumbs up Photos: 2018 Young Americans for Liberty National Convention ft. Ron Paul, Rand, Massie, Amash

Earlier this past month I had the opportunity to photograph the 2018 Young Americans for Liberty National Convention, my sixth national convention in a row, as the official photographer for the event. This year's speakers included Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Justin Amash, Thomas Massie, Judge Napolitano, Kennedy, John Stossel and various liberty legislators from throughout the country. This was YAL's largest conference thus far, accepting more than 450 students to attend the annual gathering. Here are some photos from throughout the conference, many more can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskCNq3QD

Young Americans for Liberty's national convention has always been one of the most enthusiastic political events that I've been able to attend, and it is great to see that the organization is still going strong with its newest project, Operation Win at the Door. U.S. Senate candidate Eric Brakey also made a surprise appearance at the conference, and there were also various trainings held throughout the multi-day event in order to better allow students to recruit members to join YAL on their local campuses.

On a related note, I recently joined Patreon and really want to get it off the ground. If anyone would like to support my work and further advance my Creative Commons photography, you can do so at this link: http://patreon.com/gageskidmore
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can see myself there in a few years.

Nice photos!
    If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
    Ron Paul

Kennedy has been failing so hard lately it's hard to support her.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Wow, Ron Paul looks great. I know he won't, but I'd be all-in if he made another run!
    Last edited by James Otis, Jr.; 08-17-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Otis, Jr. View Post
    Wow, Ron Paul looks great. I know he won't, but I'd be all-in if he made another run!
    He does! And me, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Thanks Gage!