Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump's military parade expected to cost a cool $100 million

Trump's military parade expected to cost a cool $100 million

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/trum...estimated.html

President Donald Trump's military parade this fall is shaping up to cost $80 million more than initially estimated.

more at link about who's stealing the money
    Naaaa, doesn't look like Germany or NK or the Soviet Union at all. Move along folks. Just keep wavin' dem flags!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems very high .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seems very high .
    Unbelievably high.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seems very high .
    Check out the 'Report from Iron Mountain' if you haven't before. It basically details that when consumer's abilities to continue spending and drawing on credit to keep the economy afloat starts to falter, the answer is more and more wasteful military spending. $100 million to march some inert (hopefully!) military toys and soldiers through the streets while Kim Jong Trump watches triumphantly? Yeah ok.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/trum...estimated.html

Naaaa, doesn't look like Germany or NK or the Soviet Union at all. Move along folks. Just keep wavin' dem flags!
    Or France? It will be styled after France's Bastille day parade. Its also a 1 time event to commemorate centennial anniversary of WWI.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Check out the 'Report from Iron Mountain' if you haven't before. It basically details that when consumer's abilities to continue spending and drawing on credit to keep the economy afloat starts to falter, the answer is more and more wasteful military spending. $100 million to march some inert (hopefully!) military toys and soldiers through the streets while Kim Jong Trump watches triumphantly? Yeah ok.
    You do realize that book was a hoax/ satire, right? http://nymag.com/news/features/consp...mountain-hoax/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-16-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Or France? It will be styled after France's Bastille day parade.
    Of course, a Freemason holiday. Duh. Shoulda known, thanks.

Its also a 1 time event to commemorate centennial anniversary of WWI.
    Where all leaders of the war were controlled by the bankers, Germany surrendered for no reason whatsoever, sprouted the League of Nations (UN) and ultimately leading to the rise of the Third Reich and WW2, which created the state of Israel. Sounds about right for a NWO parade at taxpayer expense. Trump standing and watching a military parade, a la Hitler/Stalin/etc, sure does show that history may not repeat but it does rhyme.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You do realize that book was a hoax/ satire, right? http://nymag.com/news/features/consp...mountain-hoax/
    Sure seems like those books that match reality perfectly tend to be labeled "hoaxes" quite often. Our military budget is larger than the next 7-10 countries combined, yes or no? $100 million for a parade sounds like way more money than it would require, yes or no?
    Last edited by devil21; 08-16-2018 at 03:58 PM.

I'm all for it.

I've said for years, if I must live in a police state, and it seems that's the case for the foreseeable future, then damn it, I want a manly one, which includes giant military parades.

Bad enough the condition that we're in, but a Grundy-esque female version of authoritarianism; of petty gripes and constant nagging and scratchy annoyances and bans on anything worthwhile, is just $#@!ing insufferable.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure seems like those books that match reality perfectly tend to be labeled "hoaxes" quite often. Our military budget is larger than the next 7-10 countries combined, yes or no? $100 million for a parade sounds like way more money than it would require, yes or no?
    "If somebody says it is fake, that is proof it is real! The denial is part of the cover-up!" (the article I linked to was written by the author of the book)

The MAGA is worth way more.
    "The Patriarch"

"If somebody says it is fake, that is proof it is real! The denial is part of the cover-up!" (the article I linked to was written by the author of the book)
    Actually, there's a whole lot of truth in your post. Invert the story created for public consumption and you'll usually end up much closer to the truth and things aren't so confusing any more. Heck, even if the original story was a hoax, it's obvious that someone took it very seriously. Take a look at the federal budget, k?

You didn't answer my questions, though.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-16-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm all for it.

I've said for years, if I must live in a police state, and it seems that's the case for the foreseeable future, then damn it, I want a manly one, which includes giant military parades.

Bad enough the condition that we're in, but a Grundy-esque female version of authoritarianism; of petty gripes and constant nagging and scratchy annoyances and bans on anything worthwhile, is just $#@!ing insufferable.
    Are you sure there won't be a Rainbow Brigade and a couple all female platoons?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Are you sure there won't be a Rainbow Brigade and a couple all female platoons?
    Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I hate to give Trump any advise cos I hate the man for fooling people I care for. But he can do his big military parade and in conjunction cancel the contracts of the US military with all sports leagues in the nation. The parade will be a massive entertainment attraction that would more than advertise the US military to every american family. Also, the money saved from canceling contracts would more than pay for the 1 day parade.

Also it would be even better if he can find a way to incorporate the children into it. In Nigeria, they would have marching competitions in all public schools and the winning teams from each school comes to march in the states military square on children's day. The winning team from the state march gets to take a pic with the state's top military general and sometimes gets to ride in a helicopter. Every kid wanted to be the winner. He needs to add something like that to the agenda.

Talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. #

I'm all for it.

Masculinity can lead to thoughts of self-reliance and liberty, I just wish citizen militias were invited to the parade.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Masculinity can lead to thoughts of self-reliance and liberty, I just wish citizen militias were invited to the parade.
    Too much masculinity can lead to dictators and less freedom.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too much masculinity can lead to dictators and less freedom.
    No, that comes from too little, real men don't let dictators tell them what to do if they can avoid it, they certainly don't support them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Of course, a Freemason holiday. Duh. Shoulda known, thanks.

Where all leaders of the war were controlled by the bankers, Germany surrendered for no reason whatsoever, sprouted the League of Nations (UN) and ultimately leading to the rise of the Third Reich and WW2, which created the state of Israel. Sounds about right for a NWO parade at taxpayer expense. Trump standing and watching a military parade, a la Hitler/Stalin/etc, sure does show that history may not repeat but it does rhyme.

Sounds like a lot but maybe it's going to make America very great again, so why worry about the cost ?
    "I am a bird"

Man, that’s a high price tag. Not liking that.

But, should be quite a show.

Already booked my hotel room.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Its also a 1 time event to commemorate centennial anniversary of WWI.
    Yeah, and the income tax is a temporary measure.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Will this parade make American more free?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Will this parade make American more free?
    Hmm, don’t think that is the purpose. Probably to give a voice to the Patriots in this country who love this country. Also, likely it is to show a big enough crowd that the fake media won’t be able to ignore the true support the President has, that is, from the silent majority which they downplay or insult.
    Last edited by TER; 08-16-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    +

I may have to cancel my hotel.

Sounds like they just delayed the parade until 2019...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status...43090802597888
    +

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post

Q
    !!mG7VJxZNCI
    ID: 21e481
    No.2636358

Aug 16 2018 19:32:11 (EST)
    NEW

>>2635778

Timelines change.
    Watch the budget.

Q

"Watch the budget", does that mean the ridiculous cost is why it was delayed?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm all for it.

Me too. But, a $100 million ain't so much. Trump could crowd fund/money bomb that in a day. A voluntary salute to the troops! With advance notice and social media presence 1 day, 24 hrs., tops.

Parade 'em home or gtfo.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post

Someone needs to buy the leaker a beer.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Parade 'em home or gtfo.

RIP . I notice he is Infantry. Walking around in booby traps way too long there . Time to end it .
    Do something Danke

expected to cost a cool $100 million

It's the wardrobe accessories that run up the cost.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast