Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ron Paul R3volution falls victim to Trump and frustration

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Except that's not how it works. This is the real proposal: You, Mr. Consumer, want to buy a product, commodity or service from a country on the authoritarian's naughty list? You have to pay more because we've put more government in the way.

No matter which way you cut it, it's more government interference in the trade between two individuals.

Some seem to think that this "more government" will eventually lead to less government. I don't think that's ever happened. More likely, it will just be a shift in the favored cronyist industries.
    Yes, that's true, and I can easily avoid it.

I cannot avoid income taxes or massive corporate taxes.

Follow my idea and eliminate the cronyism.

20 percent on every import.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So...any particular reason why Trump doesn't attempt to get in contact with Ron? Or are we expected to believe he is but he can't come out and say it because he runs the risk of getting assassinated? Which makes no sense because from what I can see, there's no way to kill Trump and get away with it. It makes sense when it comes to Kennedy, but back then the deep state wasn't mentioned by name in any capacity.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-18-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So...any particular reason why Trump doesn't attempt to get in contact with Ron? Or are we expected to believe he is but he can't come out and say it because he runs the risk of getting assassinated? Which makes no sense because from what I can see, there's no way to kill Trump and get away with it. It makes sense when it comes to Kennedy, but back then the deep state wasn't mentioned by name in any capacity.
    He talks to Rand, I'm sure Rand passes on anything Ron might want to say to him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The single biggest gripe about the USA that anyone had in NZ was the impending TPP. $#@!ing horrible treaty.

Trump killed it immediately when elected. Nobody in NZ is willing to credit him with saving our asses though.

Trump has also made it clear that there are zero consequences for a politician lying, a point way to many people were unclear on before.

Also, Dr. Paul ya half baked $#@! witted excuse for a journo.
    Last edited by idiom; 08-18-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Victim? So far it's the best thing that has happened.. that may be a a little unfortunate, but it's not negative...

This $#@! isn't going to turn around over night.
    ...not sure if thinks that "libertarians" salivating over same ol' same ol' high spending, warmongering, police state, is good, or is trolling.

"victim" is the wrong word here, Ron Paul movement based on ideas has had widespread impact and Trump in some ways is benefactor/reaping fruits of a changed mindset from that groundwork. But RP campiagn is low heat long term simmer and Trump campaign is high heat short term flame in all likelyhood.

MAGA is a mixed bag, some good aspects especially on tactical levels in boldly combating media/opponents & standing one's ground in the the face of attacks ( not to be confused with genuine political courage that Ron Paul displayed back in 2007 when MAGA was busy funding Hillary and other liberal Democrats). But I'm afraid 4-8 years from now he'll be widely seen as 'Republicans' Obama" and transition from "conservatives' messiah" to an "opportunist self-serving politician".

Sorry we are not victims. Our own strategies have made us what we are as a group. Our ideas have been co-opted. Maybe it's time to crank out some more ideas at least they might be woven into the narrative. I think Rand could have a good chance in 2024.

I wrote to Trump and was very surprised to receive a letter back from him that actually addressed my concerns. I don't know for certain who actually wrote the letter but it came on his letter head and had his signature. I guess my concerns are so common that it could have been a form letter sent out to people with my same concerns. I was encouraged to write again to express my view. None the less, I think he does want to be a president of the people in theory. I have never written to a President before. I have written to a few reps about the wars and got slapped in the face telling me they knew better than I did about what was going on.

In my letter I said to him I would like to see him implementing Ron's ideology of freedom. He did say in the letter that he wanted to preserve freedom. I don't know if he is doing that or not but, it does seem to me that we are on the edge of loosing more freedom..

Ron Paul has done much to grow the liberty movement. I believe he gave this a higher priority than becoming POTUS. His running for president helped him to get his message out to more people as a result.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is not using any opportunity whatsoever to warn the [ignorant] public about violations of our most basic rights. Rather, he is encouraging those violations. He may provide a bone here and there to appease the constituents who voted him in, but make no mistake, he is supporting a globalist agenda and the MIC.

MIC isn't only bombs in foreign countries. Technology evolves, and war at some point may be obsolete. Corporatists/lobbyists see a tremendous opportunity to sell their products - at the expense of tax payers and human freedom.

Trump promised Biometrics which will track everybody air, land and sea, a goal specifically stated by the UN to be fully implemented to every man, woman and child in the world by 2030.

Under Trump, TSA announced Biometric Identification will be implemented not only for international flights, but now DOMESTIC flights, with a road map to include busses, trains, cars, etc. nation-wide.

Facial Recognition, constant 24/7 surveillance provided free by Amazon to the city of Orlando, complete violation of the 4th and 5th Amendments - again, not a single peep from this commander in chief who swore an oath to the American people.

As president, Trump publicly announced raising the age to 21 to own a gun - and now states are doing it.

As president, Trump endorsed USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) which "forces" U.S. UNIONISM on Mexico, and demands all three countries to abide by the International Labour Organization (ILO) standards among other anti Free Trade initiatives. Remember this: RP warned of a North American Union.

As president, on September 20, 2018, President Donald Trump told attendees at a chiefs of police convention that he has instructed the Justice Department to work toward reinstating “Stop and Frisk”, violating Constitutional protections.

Conversations about interest rates, DEBT which continues to rise exponentially, border wall which I believe is very well orchestrated to further debt of the nation - all of the above will cost dearly more in frn's and loss of rights. If Trump was so worried about costs and cutting the American people a real break, he would alert the people of these gross violations of our Natural Rights and save billions upon billions effective immediately. But he doesn't.

Trump is a globalist. Make no mistake about it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record
    Last edited by PAF; 11-05-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    And all the real Ron Paul people--the ones who tried to make He Who Must Not Be Named known to the public--told all of you so back during the primaries when that Belligerent Talking Cheet-O was getting 100% of the MSM publicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And all the real Ron Paul people--the ones who tried to make He Who Must Not Be Named known to the public--told all of you so back during the primaries when that Belligerent Talking Cheet-O was getting 100% of the MSM publicity.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Trump is not using any opportunity whatsoever to warn the [ignorant] public about violations of our most basic rights. Rather, he is encouraging those violations. He may provide a bone here and there to appease the constituents who voted him in, but make no mistake, he is supporting a globalist agenda and the MIC.

MIC isn't only bombs in foreign countries. Technology evolves, and war at some point may be obsolete. Corporatists/lobbyists see a tremendous opportunity to sell their products - at the expense of tax payers and human freedom.

Trump promised Biometrics which will track everybody air, land and sea, a goal specifically stated by the UN to be fully implemented to every man, woman and child in the world by 2030.

Under Trump, TSA announced Biometric Identification will be implemented not only for international flights, but now DOMESTIC flights, with a road map to include busses, trains, cars, etc. nation-wide.

Facial Recognition, constant 24/7 surveillance provided free by Amazon to the city of Orlando, complete violation of the 4th and 5th Amendments - again, not a single peep from this commander in chief who swore an oath to the American people.

As president, Trump publically announced raising the age to 21 to own a gun - and now states are doing it.

As president, Trump endorsed USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) which "forces" U.S. UNIONISM on Mexico, and demands all three countries to abide by the International Labour Organization (ILO) standards among other anti Free Trade initiatives. Remember this: RP warned of a North American Union.

As president, on September 20, 2018, President Donald Trump told attendees at a chiefs of police convention that he has instructed the Justice Department to work toward reinstating “Stop and Frisk”, violating Constitutional protections.

Conversations about interest rates, DEBT which continues to rise exponentially, border wall which I believe is very well orchestrated to further debt of the nation - all of the above will cost dearly more in frn's and loss of rights. If Trump was so worried about costs and cutting the American people a real break, he would alert the people of these gross violations of our Natural Rights and save billions upon billions effective immediately. But he doesn't.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

^^^^This^^^^

I've long held that the "good" things that Trump does (reducing regs, tax cuts, a handful of pardons, etc.) are really nothing more than the classic one step bacward in preparation for the two steps forward toward an ever expanding police/surveillance state at home and never-ending war abroad. Even if you're an immigration hawk, Trumps approach to the issue is already leading to ever increasing police/surveillance state measures. Economic "gains" brought about by some of those "good" actions are pretty worthless when you're tagged, catalogued and tracked in every aspect of your life, throughout everything you do. ETA: And can be denied those benefits with a few keystrokes.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 11-05-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Economic "gains" brought about by some of those "good" actions are pretty worthless when you're tagged, catalogued and tracked in every aspect of your life, throughout everything you do.
    Isn't funny how the most virulent--and most successful--attempt to silence dissent on this forum is being conducted in Trump's holy name?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Isn't funny how the most virulent--and most successful--attempt to silence dissent on this forum is being conducted in Trump's holy name?

Trump uber alles my friend. He's the "God Emperor" don't you know?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Indeed.

I've been called everything from a Muslim to a purist to a troll since the Trumpalumpa take-over. Before then I don't think I was ever called names and could usually carry on decent dialog with people, even when we disagreed.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Indeed.

I've been called everything from a Muslim to a purist to a troll since the Trumpalumpa take-over. Before then I don't think I was ever called names and could usually carry on decent dialog with people, even when we disagreed.
    Well, you know, sometimes you have to really work at stirring people up...

What kind of moron are you...

I get your idiotic attempt at making a point...
    You are insane.
    Your ravings aren't even worth a response, take them elsewhere.
    The other idiot I was arguing with...
    ...before they defend themselves sharply enough that you can play the victim card.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

...before they defend themselves sharply enough that you can play the victim card.

I wish I could +rep this. I really do. Excellent observation.
    Chris

https://www.thedailybell.com/all-art...ribal-warfare/

In 1966, Gao Jianhua (who later changed his name to Gao Yuan) was 14 years old.

At the Yizhen Middle School near Beijing, China, he witnessed and participated in the birth of China’s “Cultural Revolution.” He later recorded his personal account in a book called Born Red: A Chronicle of the Cultural Revolution.

The leader of Communist China, Chairman Mao, warned the country that revisionists were threatening to erase all the progress made since the Communist Revolution which brought Mao to power.

It had been almost 20 years since the bloody revolution, and Mao wanted to reinvigorate the rebel spirit in the youth. He instructed students to root out any teachers who wove subtle anti-communist sentiments in their lessons.

Mao encouraged students to rebel against any mindless respect for entrenched authority, remnants, he said, of centuries of capitalist influence.

Students at Yizhen Middle School, like many others, quickly took up the task. They “exposed” capitalist intellectual teachers and paraded them around in dunce caps with insulting signs hung around their necks.

Teachers were beaten and harassed until they confessed to their crimes… most of which were, of course, false confessions to avoid further torture.

It only escalated from there.

What ensued puts Lord of the Flies to shame.

One teacher killed himself after being taken captive by students. Most teachers fled.

Soon the students were left entirely in charge of their school. Two factions quickly emerged, one calling themselves the East is Red Corps, and the other the Red Rebels.

One student was kidnapped by the East is Red Corps, and suffocated to death on a sock stuffed in his mouth.

A girl was found to be an East is Red spy among the Red Rebels. She was later cornered with other East is Red students in a building. She shouted from a window that she would rather die than surrender. Praising Chairman Mao, she jumped to her death.

Some Red Rebels died from an accidental explosion while making bombs.

Many were tortured, and another student died from his injuries at the hands of the East is Red Corps.

A female teacher refused to sign an affidavit lying about the cause of death. She was beaten and gang-raped by a group of students...

Look at the actual differences between the East is Red Corps and the Red Rebels. As the battle between them intensified it was hard to say what they were fighting for, except to assume power over the other group.

One strong or vicious act of one side called for a reprisal from the other, and any type of violence seemed totally justified. There could be no middle ground, nor any questioning of the rightness of their cause.

The tribe is always right. And to say otherwise is to betray it.
    I write this on the eve of the 2018 midterm elections.

And like Mao handing down his orders to dispose of capitalist sympathizers, such have the leaders of each major US political party rallied their supporters.

This is the most important election of our lifetime, they say.

No middle ground. Violence is justified to get our way. Betray the tribe, and be considered an enemy.

Just like Mao, they have manufactured a crisis that did not previously exist.

The students had no violent factions before Mao’s encouragement. They had no serious problems with their teachers.

Is there any natural crisis occurring right now? Or has the political establishment whipped us into an artificial frenzy?

This isn’t just another boring election, they say. This is a battle for our future.

The students battled over who were the purest revolutionaries.

The voters now battle over who has the purest intentions for America.

Do the factions even know what they are fighting for anymore?

They are simply fighting for their tribe’s control over the government.

The battle of the factions at schools across China were “resolved” when Mao came to support one side or the other. In that sense, it very much did matter which side the students were on…

The government came down hard against the losing faction.

They had chosen wrong and found themselves aligned against the powerful Communist Party.

It won’t be a dictator that hands control to one faction or another in this election. It will be a simple majority. And those in the minority will suffer.

The winners will feel that it is their time to wield power, just as the students were happy to finally have the upper hand on their teachers.

If Mao didn’t have so much power, he could have never initiated such a violent crisis.

And if our government didn’t have so much power, it would hardly matter who wins the election.

Yet here we are, fighting for control of the government because each faction threatens to violently repress the other if they gain power.

It is a manufactured crisis. A crisis that only exists because political elites in the government and media have said so.

They decided that this election will spark the USA’s “Cultural Revolution.”

And anyone with sympathies from a bygone era will be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    AMEN

Has a familiar ring to it, doesn't it?
    Chris

And if our government didn’t have so much power, it would hardly matter who wins the election.
    Exactly. And why it makes absolutely ZERO sense to give government more power, regardless of which party is wielding it. And why the whole red vs. blue fervor is a ridiculous con job. Sadly, people still fall for it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Exactly. And why it makes absolutely ZERO sense to give government more power, regardless of which party is wielding it. And why the whole red vs. blue fervor is a ridiculous con job. Sadly, people still fall for it.

Worse yet, even some of the best people still fall for it. One really needs to discipline one's focus to prevent that fact from becoming totally discouraging.
    Chris

You would know about that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You would know about that.
    What he said:

Your ravings aren't even worth a response, take them elsewhere.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345