Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump has revoked former CIA director's security clearance

Trump has revoked former CIA director's security clearance

BREAKING: White House press secretary Sarah Sanders announces that President Trump has revoked former CIA Director John Brennan’s security clearance

Last edited by Origanalist; 08-15-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, and who was it that put that idea into his head? cheers Randal.

"The Patriarch"

Hat tip Rand Paul....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

President Donald Trump has revoked the security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan, saying he helped to “sow division and chaos” while criticizing the Trump administration, the White House has announced.
    The Trump administration is also looking into revoking the clearances of a number of former officials, including former FBI director James Comey and recently fired FBI agent Peter Strzok, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters on Wednesday. Brennan “has a history that calls into question is objectivity and credibility,” Sanders said, quoting a statement from Trump, adding that his conduct “facilitates the very aims of our adversaries, which is to sow division and chaos.”

According to the statement, “any benefits that senior officials might glean from consultations with Mr. Brennan are now outweighed by the risks posed by his erratic conduct and behavior. Second, that conduct and behavior has tested and far exceeded the limits of any professional courtesy that may have been due to him.”

Last month, after Brennan accused Trump of “treason” over the Helsinki summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the White House announced it would look at revoking the clearances of the former CIA chief and other senior officials who have parlayed their status in the Obama administration into jobs as media critics of Trump.Brennan joined NBC News as “senior national security and intelligence analyst” in February. His criticism of Trump on air and on Twitter has gone beyond questioning the president’s policies, instead focusing on claims he is unfit for office.

“It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person,” Brennan tweeted on Tuesday.

Sanders lashed out at Brennan and other former officials last month, accusing them of politicizing and monetizing their public service and security clearances in order to provide “inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence” against Trump.

Retired senior officials customarily keep their security clearances as a courtesy, in case the current officials need their help or advice.

https://www.rt.com/usa/436054-trump-...nan-clearance/
    "The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

RAND
    SLIDE
    !!!!!!!

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    lol, and who was it that put that idea into his head? cheers Randal.
    and now Rand is saying publicly that Assange should receive immunity for and he should testify to congress. He will get this to Trump as well.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Assuming everything Hillary C wasn't directly handed to
    Mister 'A' from Putin's hacker friends on a gov't payroll...

What if Mister A and/or his close friends did not do the initial really big & total hack?
    If what he did is not even icing on the cake,jist a tad more like a Johnny come lately
    afterthought, RAND is suggesting something that is very generous with FEW results.

A while back, a thread here had an article about a spy that was on the staff
    of an influential (D) senator, quite often political operatives can go from one
    campaign to another, or even be borrowed. When Ms.Hillary tapped the loyal
    Democrats for her POTUS run, assuming Russian spies go by KGB/NKVD "3s"
    still, is there any way the senator's spy had one or two contacts on Ms.H's fall
    campaign? Exactly who did Ms.H and her people let on that server? The struck
    guy's 9 to 5 job inside FBI had him spyhunting for real, not just speechifying...

Ms.F's spy evidently was spying for at least one of the two China's...

Dr. Rand Paul Applauds President Trump for Revoking John Brennan’s Security Clearance

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) released the following statement after the White House announced President Donald Trump has revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan:

“I applaud President Trump for his revoking of John Brennan’s security clearance. I urged the President to do this. I filibustered Brennan’s nomination to head the CIA in 2013, and his behavior in government and out of it demonstrate why he should not be allowed near classified information. He participated in a shredding of constitutional rights, lied to Congress, and has been monetizing and making partisan political use of his clearance since his departure.”
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-...ty-clearance-0
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    What if Mister A and/or his close friends did not do the initial really big & total hack?
    If what he did is not even icing on the cake,jist a tad more like a Johnny come lately
    afterthought, RAND is suggesting something that is very generous with FEW results.
    Assange shouldn't be prosecuted for publishing leaked material anyway, Trump should give him a blanket pardon, you are letting your TDS turn you against Rand.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Hell yeah. The alpha male president at work.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good card play, Rand.

Glad the communist lost his security clearance. Now I hope he will go to jail for the fake Russia investigation on Trump.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Be interesting to see if DGP 1.0 would react to this in media as he was his right hand man during drone freedom dropppings that reportedly killed/maimed thousands of civilians and children of various races.

And was bit surprised to hear widely respected host Dana Parino of Fox's Five suggest that this was announced today to divert attention from Omarosa tapes scandal.

https://youtu.be/ebFC26eeopw?t=307

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Glad the communist lost his security clearance. Now I hope he will go to jail for the fake Russia investigation on Trump.
    The evidence is all there. Unfortunately there are only swamp creatures in a position to do anything about it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    And was bit surprised to hear widely respected host Dana Parino of Fox's Five suggest that this was announced today to divert attention from Omarosa tapes scandal.

https://youtu.be/ebFC26eeopw?t=307
    Obviously Dana can't tell the difference between news and a distraction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Reason #81 that I am glad that Trump is president.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

My brother told me that maybe Trump should take Obama's clearance as well.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-15-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    My brother told me that maybe Trump should take Obama's clearance as well.
    He should do a blanket revocation of anyone who isn't presently in a position that requires one and then assign someone to review everyone who is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Assange shouldn't be prosecuted for publishing leaked material anyway, Trump should give him a blanket pardon, you are letting your TDS turn you against Rand.
    I am not turning against Rand.
    Snowden & Ellsberg actually
    whistleblew but Mister A didst
    a BLEW jobbie on something
    That was/is not a ill ole whistle.

Swordsmyth... Assange is just a con artist.
    Unless he starts to go on about a very quiet
    And anonymous guy who likes to wear a neat
    GUY FAWLKES masque better than the actor
    did in that major movie from a decade ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Swordsmyth... Assange is just a con artist.
    Unless he starts to go on about a very quiet
    And anonymous guy who likes to wear a neat
    GUY FAWLKES masque better than the actor
    did in that major movie from a decade ago!
    Assange is a publisher who had a part in exposing the disgusting nature of the Demoncrat party when he was given leaked info, he is being persecuted for that and for publishing other leaked material exposing US government corruption.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I thought the court cases were chickens that came home to roost, some of 'em.
    The word "persecuted" is hyperbole. Both our two BIGLY parties are corrupt. I do
    think Mister A faked things, claimed to walk the walk and talk the talk. Conman!

As expected, former CIA Director Brennan has taken to Twitter to express his dissatisfaction with the President's decision, claiming that Trump's move "should gravely worry all Americans" as it is "part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics." "I will not relent," he concludes...
    This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent. https://t.co/TNzOxhP9ux
    — John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) August 15, 2018

Brennan immediately ran to his 'safe space' at MSNBC and raged hard...“I do believe that Mr. Trump decided to take this action—as he's done with others—to try to intimidate and suppress any criticism of him or his administration,”
    “I do believe that Mr. Trump decided to take this action, as he’s done with others, to suppress any criticism of him or his administration … it’s his way of trying to get back at me.”

— John Brennan on @DeadlineWH after his security clearance was revoked. pic.twitter.com/xLqT4DZ1a7
    — MSNBC (@MSNBC) August 15, 2018
    • *BRENNAN ON MSNBC SAYS TRUMP BEHAVIOR IS 'TYRANT' LIKE
    • *BRENNAN: TRUMP'S 'DISHONESTY' IS NOT SUITABLE FOR AMERICA
    • *BRENNAN: TRUMP LETTING AMERICA DOWN WITH HIS BEHAVIOR, ACTIONS
    • *BRENNAN: CRUCIAL THAT MUELLER INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

Additionally, Brennan seemed surprised that he was not informed ahead of his clearance revokation, saying he “was called by a friend and associate when Sarah Huckabee Sanders was giving that statement. So I had no knowledge of it beforehand. No one contacted me. Nobody reached out to me over the past several weeks when this issue had first surfaced."
    And then states that he is "not sure if there is any recourse to take on Trump's move," quickly shifting the narrative to claim that this move was to distract from Omerosa.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...r-john-brennan

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast