Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WordPress jumps on the censorship wagon.

WordPress jumps on the censorship wagon.

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesnt Google own Wordpress? Googlag?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Doesnt Google own Wordpress? Googlag?
    Wordpress is owned by these guys - https://automattic.com/ passionate about making the web a better place.

We don’t make software for free, we make it for freedom.
    Last edited by timosman; 08-15-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Wordpress is owned by these guys - https://automattic.com/ passionate about making the web a better place.

We don’t make software for free, we make it for freedom.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Obviously there is a huge market for free speech. Some person or entity will fill the need.

WordPress scared of words.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    WordPress scared of words.

This censorship is getting out of control. I got reported on twitter for asking "the wrong question" so I'm QFD ban for now. Also got reported on Fedbook for wrongthink.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    This censorship is getting out of control. I got reported on twitter for asking "the wrong question" so I'm QFD ban for now. Also got reported on Fedbook for wrongthink.
    I posted a tweet here, came back a couple hours later and the guys account was suspended. It was a pretty awesome tweet. Snowflakes everywhere.
    "The Patriarch"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A blog that chronicled the rise of Sharia in the West and the persecution of Christians worldwide was told abruptly by WordPress Monday that its content was no longer welcome on the platform.
    In an automated message, Creeping Sharia was informed that it had violated WordPress’ terms of service, and that it was no longer welcome to use the platform. The message said:
    Upon review of your WordPress.com site we have determined that your content does not align with our Terms of Service or User Guidelines. As stated in our Terms, we may choose to stop providing service to an account at any time, for any reason, or none at all. As such, your site has been suspended and will not be returned.
    Creeping Sharia’s apparent crime was reporting stories like Islamist terror attacks that killed Christians in Nigeria, or that Mohammad was the number one name for baby boys in Berlin, Germany in 2018.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/creepi...rom-wordpress/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Obviously there is a huge market for free speech. Some person or entity will fill the need.
    We can hope. But PayPal and the banks might refuse your business too.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We can hope. But PayPal and the banks might refuse your business too.
    WTF is GOP doing? Sucking their thumbs in a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    WTF is GOP doing? Sucking their thumbs in a corner?
    The RINOs, neoconservatives, and swamp creatures (majority of the GOP) support the bans, so they are fine with it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    The censorship is worse now in 2019 good thing alternative sites are appearing. I had an account on twitter but got banned for legit spamming.
    Even though i was testing out their social structure.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

Jon Rappoport's site was suspended from WordPress without explanation or warning after 10 years.
    Here’s an archived version of Rappoport’s blog: http://web.archive.org/web/20190407110231/https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/about/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Times sure have changed a lot since Amazon once defended selling a pro-pedophile book.

Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    Times sure have changed a lot since Amazon once defended selling a pro-pedophile book.
    They would still do that and so would all the other leftist censors.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Free speech doesn't mean that you have a right to wave a sign in someone else's living room (or website).

This whole anti-"censorship" narrative is ridiculous and obviously self-serving for the big names promoting it.

It is identical to reminds me of a leftist mob attacking a Walmart because they don't sell sufficiently "green" products.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-15-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Free speech doesn't mean that you have a right to wave a sign in someone else's living room (or website).

This whole anti-"censorship" narrative is ridiculous and obviously self-serving for the big names promoting it.

It is identical to reminds me of a leftist mob attacking a Walmart because they don't sell sufficiently "green" products.
    Fedbook claims to be a publisher when it suits them:

Facebook Contradicts Its Senate Testimony in Court: Site IS a Publisher

If they admitted to being biased and admitted what they supported and opposed there would be an argument in their favor but since they and the others lie about everything they have no leg to stand on.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Fedbook claims to be a publisher when it suits them
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

...which is to say that facebook does not exercise anywhere near the editorial control which might justify liability.

...which is to say that facebook does not exercise anywhere near the editorial control which might justify liability.
    You mean they only delete but not modify the posts?

Yes they do.

And they certainly lie about offering a free speech "public square" platform.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes they do.

They don't even bother to put a fine print. False advertising.

Yes they do.
    They very obviously have nothing remotely like the (total) control of a traditional newspaper, book publisher, etc.

They should be under no obligation to offer a "public square."

They very obviously have nothing remotely like the (total) control of a traditional newspaper, book publisher, etc.
    That isn't the standard in question and they have claimed to be a publisher in a legal case.

They should be under no obligation to offer a "public square."
    Unless that is what they advertise........................................ That is what they advertise.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That isn't the standard in question and they have claimed to be a publisher in a legal case.
    I could care less about the existing law.

I'm interested in what is just.

Unless that is what they advertise........................................ That is what they advertise.
    If you're claiming that they breached their contracts with their users, then the appropriate solution is a lawsuit, not regulation.

That said, I seem to recall having this same conversation on another occasion and finding that their TOS allows them to ban/etc who they like.

I could care less about the existing law.

I'm interested in what is just.
    I too am interested in what is just and their current status is not just.

If you're claiming that they breached their contracts with their users, then the appropriate solution is a lawsuit, not regulation.

That said, I seem to recall having this same conversation on another occasion and finding that their TOS allows them to ban/etc who they like.
    The TOS is no defense against their false advertising, they even declared themselves to be a free speech "public square" platform under oath.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://en.wordpress.com/tos/

4. Responsibility of Visitors and Users

We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the content (such as, but not limited to, text, photo, video, audio, code, computer software, items for sale, or other materials) posted to our Services by users or anyone else (“Content”) and are not responsible for any use or effects of such Content. So, for example:

• We do not endorse any Content or represent that Content is accurate, useful, or non-harmful. Content could be offensive, indecent, or objectionable; include technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, or other errors; or violate or infringe the privacy, publicity rights, intellectual property rights (see our Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy section to submit copyright complaints), or other proprietary rights of third parties.
    • If you post Content, comment on a website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) Content available on our Services, you are entirely responsible for the Content, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
    • We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from anyone’s use, purchase, or downloading of Content. If you access or use any Content, you are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
    • Any Content offered for sale through any of our Services are the seller’s sole responsibility, and you agree that you will look solely to the seller for any damages that result from your purchase or use of Content.
    • We are not a party to, and will have no responsibility or liability for, any communications, transactions, interactions, or disputes between you and the provider of any Content.
    • Please note that additional third party terms and conditions may apply to the downloading, copying, purchase, or use of Content.

We also have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages that link to, or are linked from, WordPress.com or our other Services. For example:

• We do not have any control over those websites and are not responsible for their contents or their use.
    • The existence of a link to or from one of our Services does not represent or imply that we endorse such website.
    • You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
    • We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from non-Automattic websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast