Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Transgender" "woman" wins Democratic nomination for Vermont governor

Unhappy "Transgender" "woman" wins Democratic nomination for Vermont governor

Vermont Democrats made Christine Hallquist the first openly transgender person to win a major party nomination for statewide office in U.S. history as she clinched Tuesday's primary election for governor.She defeated three other Democrats and will take on incumbent Governor Phil Scott, a Republican, in the Nov. 6 general election, unofficial results showed.

This year, 43 transgender candidates have run for political office at all levels in the United States, most of them Democrats but a few running as independents, for the Green Party or for nonpartisan offices, according to Logan Casey, a research associate at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
    Hallquist is the first openly transgender candidate to win a major party nomination for governor or a statewide office of any kind.
    She enjoys name recognition as the former David Hallquist, the onetime chief executive of the Vermont Electric Cooperative who publicly transitioned to a female identity while leading the power utility in 2015.

Before Vermont's election, only four transgender candidates had won primaries in 2018, all at the statehouse level, and have a general election ahead. Seventeen have lost primary or general elections and 21 have yet to face voters, Casey's research shows.
    Vermont has a history of being first on gender-related issues. It was the first state to allow civil unions for same-sex couples in 2000 and in 2009 became the first state to legalize gay marriage through the state legislature.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-tra...022817859.html

My ancestor Ethan Allen must be spinning like a top in his grave.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    there's no putting this genie back in the bottle.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

LOL , great state for it .
    Do something Danke

It's their own fault for not laughing this freak out of the state the moment they showed up. Watch this dude prioritize giving perverts access to children.

Most of these dudes don't cut their junk off and 3/4ths of them claim to be lesbian. I call them creepy sex predators and a clear and present danger to innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Yes there is but it won't be pretty, they will initiate violence if/when the laws/judicial precedents are fixed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes there is but it won't be pretty, they will initiate violence if/when the laws/judicial precedents are fixed.
    That will provide license to deal with them in the appropriate manner.

"I want to be a governor."

"What are you qualifications?"

"Well I had cosmetic surgery to make me look like a woman."

"You're hired."
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mental illness combined with food and medicinal poisoning.

Arrow Transgender Trendsetters - Ruby Giuliani & Donnell

Ruby and Donnell used to be SO special, now everyone's doing it.

NYC Mayor & White House staff Ruby Giuliani, President Trump.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Hey. You can't fool me. That's not a woman. That just like some dude in a wig and a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

And they freak out if you're America first, but this is apparently a badge of honor. Heaven help us.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

LOL - I still crack up at this.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I call bull$#@! on this!

"I love Vermont because we look beyond these surface issues," Hallquist said. "I just happen to be a leader who is transgender. Vermonters know that. They voted to support me because of what I am going to do for Vermont."
    It was mass virtue signalling. It has nothing to do with what you can do for Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I call bull$#@! on this!

It was mass virtue signalling. It has nothing to do with what you can do for Vermont.
    Natch...I don't think anybody, if they are being honest with themselves, could possibly think otherwise.

"Ooo, look how progressive and hip and tolerant we are."

And he'll probably win in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Well, the TERFs are giving them a run for their money.

But yah, this battle is over.

Curious to see what new weirdosexual atrocity we will be told we must be "proud" of next...

Children?

Animals??

Fish???

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has Bernie Sanders come out and made an endorsement yet?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Cheap election ploy. Dude is a cross-dresser, at most, not a transgender. Quite possibly neither and just took advantage of the stupids that vote based on shallow junk like this.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-15-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

That's no Sheila!

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

When Rudy did the drag thing it was in innocent fun to show goodwill to a significant constituency at the time he was Mayor. Rocky Horror was still a thing back in those days, so everyone took it in that spirit... I was there, I remember.

It wasn't his regular gig, and he certainly didn't play it straight and tell people he was actually a woman.

If this transgender person took all of the same positions as Ron Paul, we’d hold a money bomb for them.

Rumor has it that this person is as much of an idiot on the issues as Ocasio-Cortez.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I call bull$#@! on this!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Cheap election ploy. Dude is a cross-dresser, at most, not a transgender. Quite possibly neither and just took advantage of the stupids that vote based on shallow junk like this.
    Vermont is so tolerant!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If this transgender person took all of the same positions as Ron Paul, we’d hold a money bomb for them.

Rumor has it that this person is as much of an idiot on the issues as Ocasio-Cortez.
    I am going to predict that you will never see a tranny with positions we would support, they are all insane and perverse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I am going to predict that you will never see a tranny with positions we would support, they are all insane and perverse.
    Too late. Have already seen it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Too late. Have already seen it.
    Stranger things have happened.
    Who is it?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Stranger things have happened.
    Who is it?
    Wasn’t a public person, but another local Ron Paul supporter. There also used to be an active member here that was transgender.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-16-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Natch...I don't think anybody, if they are being honest with themselves, could possibly think otherwise.

"Ooo, look how progressive and hip and tolerant we are."

And he'll probably win in a landslide.
    AF has a point. The GOP guy could loose bigly.

I'm actually rather surprised at the lack of acceptance here. We're free beings, a person should be able to do with their bodies as they wish as long as it doesn't harm others. Seems rather anti libertarian to be so hostile against gender identity issues.

This isn't normally an ethical or morality issue either. Want perverse? just look at the latest catholic church reveals. now there are examples of lack of morality.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

It's Prince Valium!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I'm actually rather surprised at the lack of acceptance here. We're free beings, a person should be able to do with their bodies as they wish as long as it doesn't harm others. Seems rather anti libertarian to be so hostile against gender identity issues.

This isn't normally an ethical or morality issue either. Want perverse? just look at the latest catholic church reveals. now there are examples of lack of morality.
    Forcing others to believe a male is a female despite evidence to the contrary HARMS OTHERS. He can dress like a woman all he wants... no skin off my ass. I still know he is a man, believe he is a man, and would treat him as a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast