Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Clinton Claims Roe v Wade “Added $3.5 Trillion to Our Economy”

Chelsea Clinton Claims Roe v Wade “Added $3.5 Trillion to Our Economy”

Chelsea Clinton Claims Aborting 60 Million Babies Since Roe “Added $3.5 Trillion to Our Economy”

If you can’t convince someone to support abortion with bodily rights arguments, try pushing the money angle, Chelsea Clinton told a group of abortion activists Saturday.

CNS News reports Clinton claimed the infamous U.S. Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade was a good thing, not only because it gave women the “dignity to make our own choices,” but also because it led to a $3.5 trillion boost to America’s economy.

“It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. Right?” Clinton said during a “Rise Up for Roe” rally protesting U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“The net, new entrance of women – that is not disconnected from the fact that Roe became the law of the land in January of 1973,” she continued.

Clinton said the money argument may convince some people to support Roe, which led to the legalized killing of unborn babies for basically any reason up to birth. Since the 1973 ruling, about 60 million unborn babies have been legally aborted in America.

“So, I think, whatever it is that people say they care about, I think that you can connect to this issue,” she said.

“Of course, I would hope that they would care about our equal rights and dignity to make our own choices – but, if that is not sufficiently persuasive, hopefully, some of these other arguments that you’ve expressed so beautifully, will be,” Clinton continued.

Her comments about using financial persuasion to support the killing of unborn babies are extremely disturbing, but they also are incorrect. Just because Roe v. Wade and a growing economy coincide does not mean one caused the other.

More importantly, research suggests the opposite may be true – that the legalized killing of 60 million babies since Roe v. Wade has hurt the American economy.

continued..http://www.lifenews.com/2018/08/14/c...LoBiqI.twitter
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DISGUSTING
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

“It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. Right?” Clinton said during a “Rise Up for Roe” rally protesting U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
    Now you know one important reason why middle class wages have stagnated for 45 years.

They have now run out of women to turn into tax slaves, between abortion, misandry, lesbianism and other weirdosexual delights, birth rates have gone negative, so now you know another important reason why the powers that be insist on importing low skill third worlders into the country by the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Now you know one important reason why middle class wages have stagnated for 45 years.

They have now run out of women to turn into tax slaves, between abortion, misandry, lesbianism and other weirdosexual delights, birth rates have gone negative, so now you know another important reason why the powers that be insist on importing low skill third worlders into the country by the millions.
    What are they going to do when the next generation born here starts behaving in the same manner? It's a nightmare scenario.
    "The Patriarch"

Before women entered the work force, one man could support an entire family. Nowadays, even two people working often have trouble supporting a family. What went wrong? I mean, it's not like you can blame women working for everything that went wrong, but one might argue that it hasn't benefited men or women financially.

As for boosting the economy, I'm sure those 60 million dead would have boosted it more than the small portion of women able to work because of Roe v. Wade. But that's a rather silly way of looking at things. It doesn't matter how big the overall pie is, it only matters how big the individual pieces are. India has a much bigger GDP than Sweden, but I don't want Indian standard of living. The only ones who care about the overall pie are members of the political class. More money overall means more money for them to play with, individuals can go pound sand for all they care.

What would you expect from the spawn of Webb Hubbell and Satan? Downright chilling!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I get she is saying more women in the work force is good for the economy but you are also taking workers out of the economy. If preventing kids from marginal situations from entering the labor force by being aborted is good for the economy, it logically should follow that limiting low skill immigration of people from marginal situations in marginal countries should also boost the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What would you expect from the spawn of Webb Hubbell and Satan? Downright chilling!
    This really shows that she has NO clue of the actual motivations and thought process of many/most of the people that are pro-life. Either that or she is just one sick ghoul.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I get she is saying more women in the work force is good for the economy but you are also taking workers out of the economy. If preventing kids from marginal situations from entering the labor force by being aborted is good for the economy, it logically should follow that limiting low skill immigration of people from marginal situations in marginal countries should also boost the economy.
    What she is saying is that its ok to kill people if it makes you money. At least that is that argument she is proposing to convince people to be pro-abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What she is saying is that its ok to kill people if it makes you money. At least that is that argument she is proposing to convince people to be pro-abortion.
    I'll be honest. I am pretty indifferent on abortion. It can be argued both ways. I am probably pro-choice if for no other reason, I believe it reduces crime. http://freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/a...d-you-believe/

I don't think Chelsea Clinton's argument about improving the economy is correct, but if it were, I see it as a good argument to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I'll be honest. I am pretty indifferent on abortion. It can be argued both ways. I am probably pro-choice if for no other reason, I believe it reduces crime. http://freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/a...d-you-believe/

I don't think Chelsea Clinton's argument about improving the economy is correct, but if it were, I see it as a good argument to make.
    The problem is: I would argue that most people that are pro-life are in it because they think abortion is killing of a life. Chelsea is saying that to convince some of those people to be pro-choice we should tell them that abortions increased the economy. In short, she thinks that people that think abortion == killing, can be convinced that killing is acceptable as long as its good for the economy. That's not far removed from some arguments for genocide.

That's not far removed from some arguments for genocide.
    What, you've never heard of the legal doctrine of justifiable genocide???
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Why is it if a guy does something to a chick and causes a miscarriage it's murder and there's outrage, if the miscarriage occurs naturally there's sadness any sympathy with no legal ramifications and if a chick eats a pill to force a miscarriage she's lauded as being empowered?

Why is it?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why is it if a guy does something to a chick and causes a miscarriage it's murder and there's outrage, if the miscarriage occurs naturally there's sadness any sympathy with no legal ramifications and if a chick eats a pill to force a miscarriage she's lauded as being empowered?

Why is it?
    I guess... it's the economy, stupid???

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Why is it?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235522/quotes/qt1875840

Mayor Hostetler: You know, women call men dogs. That's to suggest we're somehow untrustworthy or disloyal. But a dog is anything but. And if men are dogs, what the goddamn hell does that make women? You've ever seen a bitch in heat? She will grind herself across the grass to try and get her that itch. And she can find a way to sneak out of the backyard, as any dog will do.

Why is it?
    See your post #5.

This is just one example of millions of daily doses of doublethink we're supposed to swallow.

The problem is: I would argue that most people that are pro-life are in it because they think abortion is killing of a life. Chelsea is saying that to convince some of those people to be pro-choice we should tell them that abortions increased the economy. In short, she thinks that people that think abortion == killing, can be convinced that killing is acceptable as long as its good for the economy. That's not far removed from some arguments for genocide.
    I'll take "sick ghoul" for a $1000 Alex.

And what's really frightening?

They don't even realize it...that's how you end with a gulag, a killing field, a gas chamber.

I think this is what the Lord calls whoring for Molech?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

This is actually funny as leftist generally oppose making money.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    DISGUSTING
    Death is . . . good business for Clintons.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    CNS News reports Clinton claimed the infamous U.S. Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade was a good thing... because it led to a $3.5 trillion boost to America’s economy.
    Only a woman with no moral basement would ever put a price on a human life.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I wonder how many dollars having legal slavery added to the US economy?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    From Jonathan Cahn's book "The Paradigm" Chapter 3: Days of the Gods

That any culture could permit the sacrificing of children is hard to fathom. But that such a thing could be considered a sacred act stretches the limits of comprehension. But this is exactly what took place in the ancient apostasy. Could even this facet of the paradigm correspond to the present day? The priests of Baal were the ones who oversaw and participated in the sacrifice of children. Their modern-day equivalents would be those who oversee the killing of unborn children in abortions. The following is a quote from a woman who literally oversaw the killing of tens of thousands of unborn children, Patricia Waird-Bindle:

“Abortion is a major blessing, and a sacrament in the hands of women . . . ” 1

The link of abortion to paganism, as in the sacrifices of Baal, Molech, Artemis, and the other bloody deities of the ancient world, is made clear in the words of feminist author Ginette Paris. In her book, amazingly titled The Sacrament of Abortion , she writes:

“It is not immoral to choose abortion; it is simply another kind of morality, a pagan one.”

She continues:

“Our culture needs new rituals as well as laws to restore abortion to its sacred dimension . . . ”

So what exactly is the sacred dimension that abortion, the killing of one’s child, once possessed and must now be restored to? Lest the connection remain in any way ambiguous, Paris spells it out:

“Abortion is a sacrifice to Artemis. Abortion [is] a sacrament for the gift of life to remain pure.”

Paris was not alone. Other proponents of abortion have spoken of the act as the sending of the slain child to the mother goddess, connecting abortion to the pagan child sacrifices of ancient times—as in the offerings to Baal. And though many advocates of abortion would never use such terminology, they will unwittingly speak of the practice and the right to perform it as sacred.

When Israel’s children were sacrificed on Baal’s altars, the nation deafened its ears to their cries. But God did not. The blood of the innocent would lead to the nation’s judgment. So in the modern case we have likewise lifted up our children on the altars of our apostasy and have likewise deafened our ears to their cries. But even by the most basic measures of morality, the clear and unavoidable truth remains: the killing of an unborn child, the taking of an innocent life, is as wrong and horrific as any human act could be wrong and horrific. And as in ancient times, no amount of words, legislation, or rulings can alter that fact. That we have sanctioned such a thing or have done and said nothing to oppose it is an indictment not only of our present civilization but of all who have sanctioned it or done and said nothing to oppose it.

For all those who have taken part in this or any act spoken of in this chapter, the love of God is greater than any sin, and His mercy, stronger than any guilt. All who seek His forgiveness will find it.

But as for a civilization that wars against the ways of God, sanctions evil, and sacrifices millions of its children on the altars of its transgressions, it stands as did the ancient kingdom—under the shadow of God’s judgment.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Let me be a little more clear: Only the most evil person would ever put a dollar value on a human life and promote deliberate death as a means to enrich other human beings.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    "The Patriarch"

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    DISGUSTING
    Is it allowed to throw-up on you now Madeleine (?)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-14-2018 at 02:41 PM.

This really shows that she has NO clue of the actual motivations and thought process of many/most of the people that are pro-life. Either that or she is just one sick ghoul.
    Considering who raised her I am going with sick ghoul.
    Do something Danke

I am thinking by 1865 it was a loss . Prior to that it mostly encouraged people to dabble in crops that were otherwise unprofitable before modern machinery and would create more poverty later that helped bring about federal welfare programs that are probably responsible for losses in the trillions by now . Slave owners and woman voting pretty much two of the larger catalysts for holding the US back from ever reaching its highest economic potential before the decline .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast