View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a War Criminal?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 56.52%
  • No, he's really trying to save the world

2 8.70%
  • Only time and more bodies will tell

4 17.39%
  • He's better than Hillary

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Donald Trump a War Criminal? Poll

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Provide a clear definition of war criminal. You claim the Saudi's commit war crimes in Yemen, which actions are linked directly to USA support? I don't think we have full information on that. I'm against providing them weapons and support but I don't think the MIC can be linked directly back to the president to a sufficient degree to call him a war criminal at this time. You're argument of "he could stop it at anytime" and because he doesn't makes him a war criminal is really weak logically.
    “War criminal” is always defined by the victors...

Trump is engaging in unconstitutional, undeclared wars, that have not been approved by the Congress, as representatives of the people and the states.

As far as delegating authority, it’s pretty safe to say that Trump has handed most of the details off Middle East policy off to Jared Kushner, which he derives from his buddies Bibi Netanyahu and Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Provide a clear definition of war criminal. You claim the Saudi's commit war crimes in Yemen, which actions are linked directly to USA support? I don't think we have full information on that. I'm against providing them weapons and support but I don't think the MIC can be linked directly back to the president to a sufficient degree to call him a war criminal at this time. You're argument of "he could stop it at anytime" and because he doesn't makes him a war criminal is really weak logically.
    Is he not the commander in chief? What kind of logic are you using? Lol. We're refueling their jets in flight, and selling them the weapons and providing logistic support. And I don't believe for a second we're not providing targeting intel as claimed.
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Is he not the commander in chief? What kind of logic are you using? Lol. We're refueling their jets in flight, and selling them the weapons and providing logistic support. And I don't believe for a second we're not providing targeting intel as claimed.
    Yes but which jets? Did we refuel the aircrafts during their mission that recently hit the school bus? I think you are conflating all activity together. Do you see how close Saudi Arabia is with Yemen, if they see a target they want to hit, they can hit it without being refueled mid flight.

We sell weapons and jets to lots of countries, the USA government isn't manufacturing the weapons, its Lockheed Martin etc, these companies lobby congress for approval to sell the weapons overseas. By your logic all of congress is complicit including the likes of Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Justin Amash. They could do more to stop it but don't. They are all war criminals?

Gun manufacturers in the USA sell firearms to millions of people annually, some people commit murder with these firearms. All gun manufacturers and their employees are guilty of murder? This is your logic.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

You claim the Saudi's commit war crimes in Yemen, which actions are linked directly to USA support? I don't think we have full information on that. I'm against providing them weapons and support but I don't think the MIC can be linked directly back to the president to a sufficient degree to call him a war criminal at this time. You're argument of "he could stop it at anytime" and because he doesn't makes him a war criminal is really weak logically.
    U.S. Military backed airstrikes kill at least 60 civilians at Yemen’s Hodeidah Fishing Port; Red Cross says 50 people in critical condition and countless others wounded. Professor Isa Blumi of Stockholm University and author of "Destroying Yemen," discusses the motives and impact of the unrelenting US-backed assault:

Aaron Mate: "Could the war against Yemen be going on without U.S. Military support?"

Professor Isa Blumi: “It [U.S. Military support] is so critical that actually it’s an inaccuracy to call it a Saudi led attack. It’s actually an American/UK campaign against an insubordinate corner of the world. We’ve seen pictures now of the control room in which American Soldiers are behind all the buttons that need to be pressed and they are the ones who are looking into the monitors that will then identify the targets and, again, they are the ones who have long mastered the “double tap” technique of maximizing the kill around an initial attack. So the American [Military] are front and center responsible.”

More on U.S. Military backed attack that murdered 60 civilians: https://news.antiwar.com/2018/08/02/...-fishing-port/
    If what the U.S. Military did here is not terrorism then what the hell is?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Shocker: AP Reports On US/Al-Qaeda Coalition In Yemen

Here's more:

The Associated Press has revealed that the US-backed Saudi-led coalition in Yemen has made secret deals with the local Al Qaida affiliate, AQAP, even recruiting its militants to fight Houthi rebels. Saudi analyst Ali Al-Ahmed says that the US is not just looking the other way -- it's involved:

Link to AP report: https://apnews.com/f38788a561d74ca78...-war-on-rebels
    The U.S. Military are sitting side by side with Saudi Commanders in the Control Center in Riyadh right now looking into computer screens deciding on targets. They know _exactly_ what is going on. They are totally complicit in these crimes.

The US Is Deeply Complicit in Saudi Coalition Crimes in Yemen:

By: Daniel Larison
    Date: August 13, 2018

The reality is that the coalition relies on U.S. and British military assistance to wage their war and would not be able to continue it without that support. Bruce Riedel says as much here:

Mattis must know this, and this is why he has strenuously opposed any effort to curtail or end U.S. support for the war. Cutting off U.S. military assistance to the coalition would force those governments to halt their campaign, and the Trump administration has no desire to stop them. On the contrary, the administration has backed them to the hilt and refuses to hold them accountable even when they commit the most egregious war crimes, including the slaughter of dozens of children.

U.S. support for the Saudi coalition is essential to their war effort, and that makes our government deeply complicit in what the coalition does in Yemen.

Daniel Larison is a senior editor at The American Conservative, where he also keeps a solo blog. He has been published in the New York Times Book Review, Dallas Morning News, Orthodox Life, Front Porch Republic, The American Scene, and Culture11, and is a columnist for The Week. He holds a PhD in history from the University of Chicago, and resides in Dallas. Follow him on Twitter. This article is reprinted from The American Conservative with permission.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2018/08...imes-in-yemen/
    Last edited by charrob; 08-14-2018 at 07:45 PM.

This is not accurate. Section 1274 calls for a completely unclassified report to congress. The presidential signing doesn't say he is refusing to create a report, the statement is merely indicating that the president can classify information based on current law and requirements of the executive branch.

Same for section 1290. The signing statement isn't refusing to follow it.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    When the swamp is so deep it may be necessary to pit the alligators against the pythons as one step towards draining it.
    Were you toadies saying this prior to his election? Same old story different day.

"Now that we won, we see the problem is bigger than we thought...hurrr durr"

EDIT:

By the way....Just about every president in my lifetime has in some form or fashion been guilty of war crimes
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I wanted to check both "yes" and "He is better than Hillary." So far of all our Presidents who have authorized the use of force to kill children overseas, he ranks as my favorite at least since the Johnson administration-- Granted, that isn't saying much. However, he seems to be keeping us from going toe to toe with Russia in Syria, which seems to have been the goal of the neocons in both major parties.

The Swamp has been a long time in the making, has deep pockets and a lot of entrenched, powerful people in place. I don't think we can expect Trump to make it all rainbows and unicorns is one term as President. Probably not even 2 terms unless a whole lot of people go to jail.

Like AF says, Trump is moving the ball forward. That's good enough for me right now.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Don't worry guys. Even though the government will still spy on us for Trumps entire presidency, Trump will still come out and say he's against it. Just look at what happened with Obama wiretapping him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Don't worry guys. Even though the government will still spy on us for Trumps entire presidency, Trump will still come out and say he's against it. Just look at what happened with Obama wiretapping him.

He's only against it when HE'S the target. When we mere mundanes are the targets he's all for it. Just like he's all for more and more military hardware for police and ever increasing militarization of same. Police/surveilance state at home, a bomb every 12 minutes abroad. That's called "moving the ball in the right direction"?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    He's only against it when HE'S the target. When we mere mundanes are the targets he's all for it. Just like he's all for more and more military hardware for police and ever increasing militarization of same. Police/surveilance state at home, a bomb every 12 minutes abroad. That's called "moving the ball in the right direction"?
    I know. I'm just using the logic a lot of Trump supporters use.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I know. I'm just using the logic a lot of Trump supporters use.
    Does your head hurt yet?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The Swamp has been a long time in the making, has deep pockets and a lot of entrenched, powerful people in place. I don't think we can expect Trump to make it all rainbows and unicorns is one term as President. Probably not even 2 terms unless a whole lot of people go to jail.

Like AF says, Trump is moving the ball forward. That's good enough for me right now.
    Trump was always good enough for you, right now or pre election.
    "The Patriarch"

Does your head hurt yet?

Head and heart, actually.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Trump has indirectly done more to advance our goals than any politician in recent memory.

MSM has been greatly discredited.
    Deep State has revealed itself to the public.
    Neocons have been exposed.

These days we aren't considered so kooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, pretty much that other than "again" as I wrote in Ron for a third time in 2016.

Every president since FDR is a war criminal, as not a single one of them had congressional declarations of war to back up their war actions.

We offered the Amerikunt people a clear alternative, that was soundly rejected.

So I now deal with what is, rather than what I wish was.

YMMV.
    True, but even if Paul won, he would have never made it to his inauguration. He would of been dead a week after the general election.

Calvin Coolidge

The very concept of a "war criminal" is based in modern international law, which is an affront to actual healthy international relations and natural law. These things are always arbitrarily defined and enforced. The only tenable position on geopolitics is a reactionary one.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump was always good enough for you, right now or pre election.
    It took a while for me to get on board but mainly I've liked Trump because in my mind, all the right people hate his guts, i.e., the MSM, career politicians, and leftwing liberal lunatics. It was the same for Ron Paul as far as I'm concerned. Every time some asswipe so-called journalist would sneer and chuckle at the good Doctor and his ideas for making America great again.....

Trump is much less purist and much more pragmatic than Dr. Paul, but as a disrupter of the status quo they are very much the same.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

True, but even if Paul won, he would have never made it to his inauguration. He would of been dead a week after the general election.
    Nobody would want that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Get lost limey.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Or me . I have various geneva convention violations though and he does not .
    Do something Danke

Mr Paul wasn't realistic. As for Trump well he's a mix of all. Nobody knows entirely what he has planned, that is what makes him much more interesting than his associates. He's crude person, I don't like him, but he's different from his rather ego religious vp.

Mr Paul wasn't realistic.
    You and the "Mainstream" are not realistic.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trump has indirectly done more to advance our goals than any politician in recent memory.

MSM has been greatly discredited.
    Deep State has revealed itself to the public.
    Neocons have been exposed.

These days we aren't considered so kooky.
    More fairy tales.
    "The Patriarch"

In some ways true, but in reality, liberty isn't realistic either, people make their errors, a society without government intervention is chaos. I don't want to live more than a century ago.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mr Paul wasn't realistic. As for Trump well he's a mix of all. Nobody knows entirely what he has planned, that is what makes him much more interesting than his associates. He's crude person, I don't like him, but he's different from his rather ego religious vp.
    Pence is well liked in his home state.
    Do something Danke

I'm not surprised you Like Ron Paul less than Donald Trump considering your love for big government.
    "The Patriarch"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

More fairy tales.
    You may not like Trump, but you can't deny the gaping hole he's created in the Matrix. Some which was done accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    You may not like Trump, but you can't deny the gaping hole he's created in the Matrix. Some which was done accidentally.
    Where is this gaping hole?
    "The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast