Thread: Number 12 Looks Just Like You

Exclamation Number 12 Looks Just Like You

A reply to this comment I made at https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...look-the-same/

The article was detailing the government induced homogeneity of modern cars.

Anti Federalist August 11, 2018 at 12:34 am
    This is the future for people.

Already happening in that every kid has the same dental college trained dentists applying the same braces, so every kid’s teeth look exactly like every other kid. Can you imagine a Freddy Mercury growing up today? Or accents that are disappearing, everybody talking the same and sounding the same. As more genetic science gets applied to human reproduction, this trend will increase.

The future is a moiling, faceless, indistinguishable polyglot blob of humanity, all consuming their way to government approved happiness on a never ending hamster wheel of debt and payments and rents, never truly owning anything, never truly in control of anything in their lives or around them; pointless, fruitless, hopeless and under 24/7 surveillance.

BrentP August 11, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Here again The Twilight Zone showed brilliance. The episode you are looking for is “Number 12 Looks Just Like You”. It’s hits on all cylinders right down to the obsession with professional sports.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734604/

BrentP August 11, 2018 at 3:23 pm

It’s on dailymotion here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41why0
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the future, I'm sure whatever malady it is that ails you to cause these thoughts, will be fixed no problem.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Never remove your third nipple. I'm just sayin'.

You're right about the dentists. Kids with straight teeth getting braces is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. The dentist tried to sell me braces. My kids have straight teeth. Are perfect? No but they're not obviously crooked. I told him I didn't think they needed them and was treated like I was abusing them for not getting them. Back in my day braces were only for the truly jacked grills.

“What bothers me today is the lack of, well, I guess you'd call it authentic experience. So much is a sham. So much is artificial, synthetic, watered-down, and standardized. You know, less than half a century ago there were sixty-three varieties of lettuce in California alone. Today, there are four. And they are not the four best lettuces, either; not the most tasty or nutritious. They are the hybrid lettuces with built-in shelf life, the ones that have a safe, clean, consistent look in the supermarket. It's that way with so many things. We're even standardizing people, their goals, their ideas. The sham is everywhere.”

― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 08-12-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.