Thread: Keith Ellison Accused Of Domestic Violence

Keith Ellison Accused Of Domestic Violence

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/08...g-texts-663090

Ex girlfriend's son claims to have video and text evidence that the girlfriend was both physically and emotionally abused during their relationship.
    “My name is Austin Monahan and I am writing this letter on behalf of me and my brother,” Austin wrote. “My brother and I watched our mom come out of pure hell after getting out of her relationship with Keith Ellison.”

Austin continued: “In the middle of 2017, I was using my mom’s computer trying to download something and I clicked on a file, I found over 100 text and twitters messages and video almost 2 min long that showed Keith Ellison dragging my mama off the bed by her feet, screaming and calling her a “f*cking b*tch” and telling her to get the f*ck out of his house.”

"The messages I found, were mixed with him consistently telling my mom he wanted her back, he missed her, he knew he f*cked up and we wished he could do things different, he would victim shaming, bully her, and threaten her if she went public.”

Using Zippy logic, why would she enter the territory of a guy who is a proud Nation Of Islam supporter if she didn't want to be subjected to this?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, that's the first thing that went through my mind. She must be stupid or suffering from masochism or something.....

MSM: We can not verify this story, so we can’t report it. Plus, the crazy woman and her sons are lying.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Do something Danke
    Do something Danke

Once again another Demoncrat accused of domestic violence. You don't see republicans being accused of it and if they are its obviously not true.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

All but a few prominent Democrats and progressive groups have stayed silent on an ex-girlfriend’s allegations of domestic abuse against Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, a progressive leader and deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee running for the state’s attorney general.
    Their reticence to speak reflects a desire to see more evidence before judging his guilt, rather than an interest in shielding him from scrutiny, top progressives said privately.
    The DNC, the Congressional Progressive Caucus, Our Revolution and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), who led calls for the resignation of then-Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), declined requests for comment. The Progressive Change Campaign Committee, Credo Action, Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party Chairman Ken Martin and spokespeople for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a key Ellison ally, did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s inquiries.
    Democracy for America, one of many liberal groups that backed Ellison’s run for chairman of the DNC, offered a statement affirming female accusers without commenting on the veracity of the claims made by the ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan, a Sierra Club organizer.
    “Democracy for America is not in a position to evaluate allegations made against a candidate in the closing hours of an election, but, as an organization, we believe that every woman who tells her story deserves to be heard,” said DFA spokeswoman Annie Weinberg. “Domestic violence of any kind is unacceptable and has no place in our politics, period.”
    MoveOn tweeted a statement saying it is “deeply concerned about allegations regarding Keith Ellison.”
    “We will closely monitor this situation as more facts come to light,” the group added.
    We’re deeply concerned about allegations regarding Keith Ellison. Our society must have absolutely no tolerance for domestic violence, and hold everyone to the same standard. We will closely monitor this situation as more facts come to light.

— MoveOn (@MoveOn) August 13, 2018
    The Democratic Attorneys General Association is not calling on Ellison to withdraw from the race. The group applauded the resignation of New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman in May amid overwhelming domestic abuse evidence and has supported an investigation of Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill, who remains in office as he battles allegations of groping.
    “Any time we see allegations, we take it seriously, and we are watching what is happening in Minnesota to understand the facts of this particular situation,” said the DAGA’s executive director, Sean Rankin.

In a tweet on Sunday afternoon, Karen Monahan confirmed the accuracy of what her son wrote.
    “Every statement he made was true,” she said. Apparently addressing Ellison, she added, “You know you did that to me.”

In a follow-up report, Minnesota Public Radio analyzed hundreds of text messages between Ellison and Monahan that she provided. MPR said it found an exchange in which she told him that she planned to write about their “journey” in a memoir of some kind, and Ellison responded, “Horrible attack on my privacy, unreal.” In December 2017 she reportedly mentioned a video of him dragging her off the bed, and he did not respond.
    None of the text messages offered evidence of physical abuse, according to MPR. And in a long statement on Sunday night detailing what she called “narcissist abuse” at Ellison’s hands, Monahan did not once refer to such a video.

She told CNN, in a story published Monday, that she had misplaced the thumb drive where she was storing the video after moving homes and that in any event, the onus was not on her to produce the “embarrassing and traumatizing” video. However, CNN spoke with three of her friends who remembered her recalling the incident in the months after it allegedly happened.
    This is also not the first time a woman has accused Ellison of abusive behavior. Amy Alexander alleged in October 2006 that he acted like a “little dictator” during an affair they had in the mid-2000s and that he shoved her during a confrontation in which he was trying to silence her. He subsequently secured a restraining order against her.
    Just two groups have called on Ellison to withdraw from the race: the online women’s rights group UltraViolet, and the National Organization for Women.
    We believe women. We believe Karen Monahan.

Domestic abusers do not belong in any position of power. Keith Ellison should withdraw his candidacy for Minnesota’s Attorney General and resign from the House of Representatives now. Our statement: https://t.co/13cqimp760pic.twitter.com/csIvlM8FWt

— UltraViolet (@UltraViolet) August 13, 2018
    Toni Van Pelt, the president of NOW, told HuffPost that MPR’s account of Monahan’s accusations and Ellison’s response to them was enough to convince her of Ellison’s guilt. She interpreted Ellison’s angry response to the idea that Monahan would write about their relationship as “a chilling, threatening message.”
    He should withdraw from the election, and every man considering an election run with a similar history of abuse should rule it out as well, Van Pelt said.
    She rejected the notion that Monahan’s claims were less credible because of their timing so soon before the primary. Women who have survived abuse often suffer feelings of shame and fear of censure that prevents them from coming forward, Van Pelt said. “They’re silenced by our system of oppression,” she said.
    As national organizations debate how to respond to the allegations against Ellison, his rivals in the attorney general race are showing no such hesitation. Before the scandal erupted, he was widely favored in the contest.
    One of his opponents in the race, former Ramsey County Attorney Tom Foley, called Ellison’s denial of the charges “very Trump-like.”
    Ellison’s “brief response pales in comparison to the specific details offered by a son who said he saw video on his mother’s computer of her physical abuse,” Foley said in a statement published by Fox 9, a Minneapolis–St. Paul TV station.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-top-...225049115.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Do something Danke

I didn't vote for him.
    And I participated in events that were pro liberty during 2007 and 2008. Especially during the RNC in 2008 here.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A violent communist beating up a girl,,

is this news?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't like Keith Ellison one bit, but accusations are not proof. That said, the radio silence when it comes to the MSM is very telling.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Media outlets began to call the Democratic Primary for Minnesota attorney general with just over 20 percent of the vote counted Tuesday night. Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) has won in a landslide.

Ellison looks to have secured a comfortable majority of Democratic primary votes in a five-candidate field in which he had by far the most prominent public profile.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-in-minnesota/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A second accuser has come forward: 911 tape backs up her story http://www.libertyonenews.com/?p=13726

Roy Moore could not be reached for comment.

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) was asked on Sunday if Democrats should be concerned about the abuse allegations made against one of their own -- Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who is now running for Minnesota Attorney General. Ellison's former girlfriend Karen Monahan has accused him of domestic abuse. Monahan said she has even released records from her therapist, to whom she explained her alleged suffering.
    Hirono, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has sided with Christine Blasey Ford, saying she believes Ford's allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh, whom Hirono said she considers less than credible.
    CNN's Jake Tapper, host of CNN's "State of the Union," asked Hirono on Sunday: "Wouldn't the concern about Kavanaugh and Professor Ford be more credible if Democrats were also condemning similar charges against Democrats in their midst, including Congressman Ellison?"

"I have been very clear that I make no excuses for anybody who engages in this kind of behavior," Hirono responded. "And, as far as Keith Ellison, these allegations need to be investigated, and appropriate action taken.

More at: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-keith-ellison

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I didn't vote for him.
    And I participated in events that were pro liberty during 2007 and 2008. Especially during the RNC in 2008 here.
    I think he wants you to consider taking these women into your shelter.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The Star Tribune is one of two media companies pushing to unseal the divorce records of Rep. Keith Ellison, who is running for attorney general amid allegations of domestic abuse by an ex-girlfriend. The state’s largest newspaper said Tuesday that it is joining a legal effort to unseal the records from the congressman’s 2012 divorce from Kim Ellison. The first media outlet to file a motion was Alpha News, a conservative-leaning Minnesota news website.

More at: https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/...s-kim-ellison/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

that showed Keith Ellison dragging my mama off the bed by her feet, screaming and calling her a “f*cking b*tch” and telling her to get the f*ck out of his house.
    I'm guessing she probably did something to deserve it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Karin Housley, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, has officially requested an investigation into the allegations of domestic abuse against Rep. Keith Ellison.
    Ellison, a Democrat running for attorney general in Minnesota, has been accused by his former girlfriend of physical and emotional abuse throughout the time they dated. Karen Monahan alleged Ellison once dragged her off a bed while shouting profanities and sent multiple abusive text messages.
    Ellison has vehemently denied the accusations and asked the House Ethics Committee to launch a probe into the allegations. Minnesota’s Democratic Party has also commissioned an investigation.
    But Housley, the GOP nominee who is facing incumbent Sen. Tina Smith in November, has called for an “immediate investigation” by the Minnesota Office of the Attorney General.
    “Recent calls for a congressional ethics investigation, made by Keith Ellison and echoed by my opponent, amount to nothing more than political cover; Ellison will have left Congress by the time an investigation could be completed,” Housley said in a statement. “These are serious, recent and substantiated allegations that deserve immediate attention and raise significant doubts about Keith Ellison’s fitness to serve as Minnesota’s chief legal officer.”

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/min...se-allegations

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Minnesota cannot come up with someone better than Ellison they clearly do not need an attorney general at all .
    Do something Danke

The Minneapolis Police Department said Wednesday that it won’t investigate domestic abuse allegations against Rep. Keith Ellison due to a conflict of interest.State Democratic officials asked Minneapolis police to conduct an investigation after an attorney with links to the party found an ex-girlfriend’s claims unsubstantiated.
    Minneapolis police said they won’t handle the matter due to a conflict, or the appearance of a conflict, and they are talking with other agencies to see where they can refer the case. The department didn’t elaborate on the conflict.

More at: https://truepundit.com/minneapolis-p...t-of-interest/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I demand an FBI investigation.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

A county court has ordered Rep. Keith Ellison’s divorce records to be unsealed, allowing more scrutiny into the Democrat’s private life as he fights off the abuse allegations upending his campaign for Minnesota attorney general.
    Hennepin County Family Court referee Jason Hutchison released an order Friday saying the records of Mr. Ellison’s 2012 split with ex-wife Kim Ellison will be unsealed Oct. 17, ruling that “open access is the presumption in Minnesota.”

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...divorce-recor/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Embattled Democrat Rep. Keith Ellison’s lead in the Minnesota Attorney General election appears to be vanishing amid allegations of domestic violence against his ex-girlfriend.
    The congressman’s bid to become the top law enforcement official in the blue state was supposed to be an easy task for a popular Democrat who holds one of the top positions within the Democratic National Committee (DNC).
    But Ellison’s lead has taken a dramatic cut since Karen Monahan came forward with her story in August detailing the physical and emotional abuse she suffered allegedly at the hands of Ellison.

Recent polls indicate that Ellison in a dead heat race with Doug Wardlow, the Republican opponent, according to the New York Times. The poll also found that 40 percent surveyed voters said the domestic abuse allegations “are a factor” in whether to vote for the Democrat. Another poll shows the congressman leading by five points.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kei...se-allegations

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Democratic candidate for state attorney general, accused abuser of women, and adamant sharia law sympathizer Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn), is currently trailing Republican Doug Wardlow by 7 points in a new Star Tribune/MPR News Minnesota Poll.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/minnes...to-republican/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment