Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UT: Code Enforcement Officer Shot, Killed

UT: Code Enforcement Officer Shot, Killed

Link to the news story: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ities-say.html

Link to a Reddit post from the relative of a neighbor: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice...t8&sh=84acda38

Guy goes to neighbor's house, accuses neighbor of calling the county over the mess in his yard. Neighbor denies it, of course. County Code Enforcement Officer shows up. Guy shoots and kills her, then cuts through a chain link fence and sets Neighbor's house on fire.

Posted without comment. @Anti Federalist

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep Phucking with people..

I can not muster any sympathy at all for a Code Enforcer. Too many encounters and lost funds.

even sadder is knowing that she will be replaced with another authoritarian evil doer.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Keep Phucking with people..

I can not muster any sympathy at all for a Code Enforcer. Too many encounters and lost funds.

even sadder is knowing that she will be replaced with another authoritarian evil doer.
    THey'll start arming them.

No sympathy for the burned out neighbor who initiated aggression via hired gov goons.

Stupid mofo should have minded his own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    THey'll start arming them.
    They do.. The bastards I dealt with were armed.

and I was under supervision so I HAD to be nice.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    No sympathy for the burned out neighbor who initiated aggression via hired gov goons.

Doesn't even look that messy. Here's a pic. The biggest pile of char is the garage. The house on the same lot is in the front, and the neighbor's "cluttered" house is on the right. Note that he also torched her truck. That's her on the ground, under the sheet.

There is one in every neighborhood..sometimes whole HOAs full of them.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Doesn't even look that messy. Here's a pic. The biggest pile of char is the garage. The house on the same lot is in the front, and the neighbor's "cluttered" house is on the right. Note that he also torched her truck. That's her on the ground, under the sheet.
    The "clutter" is probably the boat and the trailer; too many places have rules that against things like that.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    ROTFLMAO

This was probably years in the making...low level nagging, harassment and pestering.

You can only push so far...multiply by 50 million or so...

I don’t share the same views expressed here. I’m in the processes right now of losing thousands of dollars on a job due to a over zealous code enforcement officer. I wouldn’t in a million years wish harm on this person.

There’s got to be a better way to express discontent with government intervention in these type situations. That was just a woman doing her job. Don’t like living where there are building codes and the such, move out in the boobies where you are less likely to encounter that.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I don’t share the same views expressed here. I’m in the processes right now of losing thousands of dollars on a job due to a over zealous code enforcement officer. I wouldn’t in a million years wish harm on this person.

There’s got to be a better way to express discontent with government intervention in these type situations. That was just a woman doing her job. Don’t like living where there are building codes and the such, move out in the boobies where you are less likely to encounter that.
    Codes/laws/edicts all demand enforcement paid for with tax dollars.

The goal of any small government person should be to reduce all of this enforcement down to bare-bones, ie; she never should have had a "job" in the first place.

I'll never understand cities or those who choose to dwell in them....

Well , I am only going to say that it looks like those houses are about nine feet apart . Not very ideal to avoid this .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This was probably years in the making...low level nagging, harassment and pestering.

You can only push so far...multiply by 50 million or so...
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-deserved.html

"After 40 years of harassment, the (woman) got what she deserved," Billings allegedly said while standing in his driveway, according to the report.

I used to share that sentiment. But they also come to the boonies. They will never stop coming. I don't have it in me to kill people, but there's not a single part of me that feels any remorse over her death.

The neighbors, Stephanie Sheen and Ryan Luke, escaped their burning home, but it was declared a total loss and their six dogs and two cats died in the fire.
    On Friday, both Luke and Sheen tearfully remembered their pets as their "children."

"They were so special, every single one of them,” said Sheen, who is a veterinarian.
    "I'm finding how sick this person was. I mean, it’s mental illness. He was a hoarder. It had nothing to do with us.
    Luke said neither he nor his wife had ever called the city about Billings, they never had any dispute with him and had hardly even spoken with him.

"I’ve spent a total of four minutes speaking with that man in four years,” he said.

But when Robinson [code enforcer] showed up about a week ago, she asked Luke if she could use his backyard to look into Billings' yard.

Later, Billings approached Sheen while she was in her driveway and accused her of working for the city and turning him in.
    Murder and arson by a crazy person.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+rep.

And where do you find these “boobies”?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Murder and arson by a crazy person.
    He should have burned his own house down so the victims won't get any value from it, either.

There’s got to be a better way to express discontent with government intervention in these type situations.
    There is.

It's called voting.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Jan2017

Code enforcer lady wants to use neighbor's backyard to look into the guy's backyard (any probable cause -NO)

when Robinson [code enforcer] showed up about a week ago, she asked Luke if she could use his backyard to look into Billings' yard.
    If neighbor says no, to this presumed unreasonable and warrantless search request by the code enforcer the prior week, this doesn't happen.

Code enforcer kinda violated the guy's 4th Amend. rights to a search - kinda definitely.
    It may not be a criminal violation she was looking for at first . . . everyone knows that is what it turns out to be often enough,
    but 4th Amend. protection probably/should include any government fiduciary/fine type situation as well I'd think.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Guy in a walker caused all that mess?

Brittan Keane, who was on the street at the time of the incident, said he saw a man in a blue shirt with a walker make his way behind a white utility truck covered in flames.

"He came across and walked behind the truck, and I was like, 'He's going to get burned, oh my gosh, oh my gosh' — pulls out a gun and shoots her," Keane said.

Police officers who saw smoke and responded to the fire arrived to find Robinson had been shot. Billings surrendered in the driveway when police arrived and drew their weapons, Elson said.
    described the neighbor as paranoid and "not mentally well."

Code officers are responsible for addressing violations of city code that deal with property upkeep, abandoned vehicles and other nuisances, he added. After a warning, a code officer can issue a notice, and if the problem still is not fixed in a certain timeframe, the issue goes to court.

"They are unarmed, and they are civilians," Johnson said, adding they generally are very skilled in dealing with different types of people. If someone becomes hostile and the officers need help, the city advises them to leave and call police, he said.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

...described the neighbor as paranoid...
    But when Robinson [code enforcer] showed up about a week ago, she asked Luke if she could use his backyard to look into Billings' yard.
    He literally had government workers looking in from his neighbors back yard. It ain't paranoia if they are out to get ya.

No, there really isn't it.

If the local government decides it's got it's horns out for you, there is really little you can do, as you yourself are finding out.

Other than leaving...and some people are not willing to that.

Is it her "job" to systematically harass somebody over a 40 year span?

And out "in the sticks" only makes it more likely, as you are an isolated target.

Just ask this guy.

This is not the first time, and it won't be the last.

"333 and they are civilians," Johnson said, adding they generally are very skilled in dealing with different types of people.
    What the holy hell does that even mean?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This whole issue is a tangled mess where everyone is wrong, no decent person would take a code enforcement job and if they did they would be lenient and not work very hard at it, murder and arson are wrong but our current society gives people no recourse but to submit to the tyranny of those who target them, apparently the people who lost their house didn't start the trouble but they allowed the ferret to use their yard to spy on the target.

While the countryside often has less micromanaging that is not guaranteed, if you can't arrange your life to allow you to move to a less tyrannical state/county you may be no better off than in the heart of the city.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

They are not military...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It’s just a whole bunch of shooting the messenger. Meanwhile I bet all these morons voted for authoritarians themselves.

Nobody wants to admit that they had a hand in creating the problem.

It was just an inspector. She didn’t make the rules. She wasn’t violating anyone’s rights, disagree all you want. Nothing good is going to come from her laying under a sheet, leaving a grieving family behind.

You can be anti government without being bloodthirsty for the death of anyone who works for the government.

I won’t celebrate a scumbag off his meds killing another human who was not actively threatening his life.

Nothing good comes of this. Now the inspectors are going to show up armed.
    No - No - No - No

Cops like to think they are not civilians as well.

It’s just a whole bunch of shooting the messenger. Meanwhile I bet all these morons voted for authoritarians themselves.

Nobody wants to admit that they had a hand in creating the problem.

It was just an inspector. She didn’t make the rules. She wasn’t violating anyone’s rights, disagree all you want. Nothing good is going to come from her laying under a sheet, leaving a grieving family behind.

You can be anti government without being bloodthirsty for the death of anyone who works for the government.

I won’t celebrate a scumbag off his meds killing another human who was not actively threatening his life.

Nothing good comes of this. Now the inspectors are going to show up armed.
    I don't think anybody is "celebrating".

Just making a simple statement of fact...petty government functionaries that harass and pester people for years on end are liable to get shot when then harass and pester the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They are not military...
    But it is meant to imply that regular Kops are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast