Thread: First Lady's parents granted naturalization

Jan2017

First Lady's parents granted naturalization

NY Times reports . . .

Melania Trump's parents granted American citizenship

All is not so swell though . . . their avenue to naturalization is at best "dicey" - a USA First Lady faux pas (?)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-11-2018 at 03:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yawn.

As long as the rules are the way they are everyone has the same right to take advantage of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Exclamation Chain Migration for families of Slovenian models - DACA amnesty grows

In effect President Trump has come out in favor of Chain Migration for the families of Slovenian models. That will be in the DACA amnesty package, just wait until after the elections.

Melania Trump's parents become naturalized US citizens [Chain Migration]

• The parents of first lady Melania Trump become naturalized U.S. citizens, taking the oath in a private ceremony in New York, according to their attorney.
    • The White House declined to comment on the Knavses' newly acquired citizenship status, saying they were "not part of the administration and deserve privacy."

Kevin Lamarque | Reuters
    The parents of U.S. first lady Melania Trump, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, await the start of the official arrival ceremony held by U.S. President Donald Trump and Mrs. Trump for French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte Macron on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, U.S., April 24, 2018.

The parents of first lady Melania Trump became naturalized U.S. citizens on Thursday, taking the oath in a private ceremony in New York, according to their attorney.

Viktor and Amalija Knavs are originally from Slovenia but have lived in the United States for over a decade, during which time they gained permanent legal residency, said Michael Wildes, the couple's immigration lawyer.
    Wildes told reporters the couple "have travailed a wonderful journey like millions have, in getting citizenship and waiting the requisite period of time."

He said that despite having the president of the United States for a son-in-law, the Knavses followed a process to gain their citizenship that "was no different than anybody else's."

The White House declined to comment on the Knavses' newly acquired citizenship status, saying they were "not part of the administration and deserve privacy."

After living between Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago for several years, Viktor and Amalija Knavs reportedly moved to the Washington suburbs following Trump's inauguration,and are frequently spotted traveling with the first lady and the Trumps' son, Barron Trump.

The question of how the Knavses originally gained their green cards has become a controversial one since Trump won the presidency on an anti-immigration platform. Trump has frequently railed against the family visa system, or so-called chain migration, which permits U.S. citizens to sponsor their family members for visas.

Even so, experts say chain migration is the most likely way the Knavses gained their permanent residency in the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    In effect President Trump has come out in favor of Chain Migration for the families of Slovenian models. That will be in the DACA amnesty package, just wait until after the elections.
    That is garbage, if congress had ended chain migration when Trump wanted to this wouldn't have happened, until the rules are changed they have as much right as anyone else to take advantage of them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Poor guy. Now he will have his MIL in the same country he lives in like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Poor guy. Now he will have his MIL in the same country he lives in like the rest of us.
    Maybe that is why he wanted to end chain migration?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Don't forget about the veto power.

That's great for Melania's parents. What about Donald's parents ?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chain migration of a H-1B visa immigrant's family.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Their daughters and grandson live here. Not really sure what the problem is. I guess it’s only a problem when they sneak across the border without documentation. They are private people, not secret. There is a difference.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Jan2017

Yawn.

As long as the rules are the way they are everyone has the same right to take advantage of them.
    Ya' know I agree. I have the NY Times article in front of me Saturday 8.11.18 on page 3.

NY Times says it was the most popular story on social media, based on the comment by the parents immigration lawyer,
    who when asked if chain migration was used, answered "I suppose"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Chain migration of a H-1B visa immigrant's family.
    His mother came as an unaccompanied minor (she did turn 18 on the trip) on a chain migration (her older sister was already here from Scotland) and his grandfather (father's side) did too. He came alone at 16 to join his sister already in the country. He was unskilled and didn't speak the language.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Their daughters and grandson live here. Not really sure what the problem is. I guess it’s only a problem when they sneak across the border without documentation. They are private people, not secret. There is a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    All is not so swell though . . . their avenue to naturalization is at best "dicey" - a USA First Lady faux pas (?)
    Well, it turns out it is Michael Moore wetting his panties - when I noticed he is organizing some backlash
    about "chain migration only for the beautiful people" I had to laugh -
    Moore would be extradited based on looks.

Slovakia or whatever nation they immgrated from is way underrepresented and the process takes awhile -
    but there's room for their immigrants and all other nations - 'cept one.

Mexico would be the nation that has abused chain migration for decades to levels of absurdity.
    I'll interpret the President's problem with chain migration is really a problem with Mexico chain migration.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-12-2018 at 04:27 PM.