Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's RPF's Opinion of Adam Kokesh?

What's RPF's Opinion of Adam Kokesh?

I just learned that Adam is now here in Arizona and running for the U.S. Senate Seat on the Libertarian ticket. He found me on twitter, texted me, and invited me to join him at a LP meeting in Phoenix.

I was a big fan of his Veterans For Ron Paul marches, Iraq Veterans Against the War, and generally bringing attention to veteran suicides, etc.

I haven't been following him for some time and didn't even know he was in AZ, much less involved in AZ politics.

What does RPF think of Mr. Kokesh?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I just learned that Adam is now here in Arizona and running for the U.S. Senate Seat on the Libertarian ticket. He found me on twitter, texted me, and invited me to join him at a LP meeting in Phoenix.

I was a big fan of his Veterans For Ron Paul marches, Iraq Veterans Against the War, and generally bringing attention to veteran suicides, etc.

I haven't been following him for some time and didn't even know he was in AZ, much less involved in AZ politics.

What does RPF think of Mr. Kokesh?
    I like him generally.. He does have a history of Grandstanding,, but makes valid points..

RPFs will have mixed reviews.. I'm sure.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Not a fan, used to be, but he went off his rocker.

I like him, some people don't, nobody is perfect..

I don't think anybody here could make the argument that the Senate would be worse off with him there.. obviously they would be much better off with him there. Same with Gary Johnson in NM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He needs to clean up his act a lot if he wants to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    He needs to clean up his act a lot if he wants to be taken seriously.
    In what way? What has he done that put you off?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

In what way? What has he done that put you off?
    Here is a fun thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sive-sociopath
    Last edited by specsaregood; 08-10-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Kokesh has been a martyr for gun rights, and spent a lot of time in jail for it. He was a political prisoner of the state.

On ther hand, there has been a lot of drama around him over the years.

All effort in Arizona should focus on supporting Kelli Ward right now. She has a chance. If Kelli does not win the Primary, Kokesh would make a fine protest vote against neoconservative dream girl Martha McSally.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My take is that Kokesh is an unstable activist. Of course, most activists who are willing to push the limit are a little unstable.

I'm not sure how much he's matured in the last few years, but I'd approach any candidacy with caution. He's a great activist for the cause of liberty, but that doesn't necessarily translate into politics.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    A jilted ex-lover? Really?

Here's what I would guess happened in that relationship.. First of all, she was a bit younger and probably way less mature and less responsible than she seemed in the video. She chased him REALLY hard in the beginning, acted like she would do anything for him.. and he was probably really conflicted.. he was trying to go on tour and make a name for himself and growing the movement when suddenly this little harlot is trying to attach herself to him. If he was going to make this work, then he knew he was going to have to get her to grow up and help manage his enterprise so she didn't become a distraction. Girlfriends take up a lot of time and money, and last thing he wanted was to ruin our chance to see liberty in our lifetime because of this girl who he didn't really see as wife material but maybe if they went out for a while she would mature and grow and then maybe she would be wife material in the future.

She didn't seem to care about helping his enterprise, she acted like she was doing it for him instead of doing it for liberty. She became resentful. I'm pretty sure she had a lot of faults in the relationship. I'm pretty sure she was manipulative and conniving, which is why he may have acted that way in return.

Adam may be no saint, but that video shouldn't be taken very seriously imo.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    My take is that Kokesh is an unstable activist. Of course, most activists who are willing to push the limit are a little unstable.

I'm not sure how much he's matured in the last few years, but I'd approach any candidacy with caution. He's a great activist for the cause of liberty, but that doesn't necessarily translate into politics.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A jilted ex-lover? Really?

Here's what I would guess happened in that relationship.. First of all, she was a bit younger and probably way less mature and less responsible than she seemed in the video. She chased him REALLY hard in the beginning, acted like she would do anything for him.. and he was probably really conflicted.. he was trying to go on tour and make a name for himself and growing the movement when suddenly this little harlot is trying to attach herself to him. If he was going to make this work, then he knew he was going to have to get her to grow up and help manage his enterprise so she didn't become a distraction. Girlfriends take up a lot of time and money, and last thing he wanted was to ruin our chance to see liberty in our lifetime because of this girl who he didn't really see as wife material but maybe if they went out for a while she would mature and grow and then maybe she would be wife material in the future.

She didn't seem to care about helping his enterprise, she acted like she was doing it for him instead of doing it for liberty. She became resentful. I'm pretty sure she had a lot of faults in the relationship. I'm pretty sure she was manipulative and conniving, which is why he may have acted that way in return.

I watched the vid and here's my assessment from a few years ago. I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    He quit letting her drink coffee!!! I would've left right then, lol.

He gave another girl more attention during a threesome. o_O

He made her late to two flights and yoga.

He made her drive with 21 blisters in her mouth during a snowstorm to pick up 30,000 books. o_O

He jacks off in parking lots when she's sad.

Yoga makes her happy, she should do it.

Lots of crying.

They bought land she didn't like.

They went to church to meet the sad people that lived in that community. Bad energy there.

My assessment -
    Sounds like he's a dick and she's a dumb ass.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I was referring to the entire thread more than the video. And if you don't think some elements of his real persona didn't come out through the whole jilted ex-lover dramalama, then you are just being willfully ignorant. He doesn't sound like the kind of person I'd want to support.

I was referring to the entire thread more than the video. And if you don't think some elements of his real persona didn't come out through the whole jilted ex-lover dramalama, then you are just being willfully ignorant. He doesn't sound like the kind of person I'd want to support.
    I think she completely misrepresented a lot of things in the video, herself the most. Adam's actions are a lot more reasonable in situations that would make her look pretty bad, but there was nobody there to criticize her. Like, how did she act when she was on caffeine? Some women make their husbands quit drinking alcohol. Maybe she acted really $#@!ty or just completely got on his nerves and he knew the only answer was for her to quit drinking coffee or end the relationship. So rather than ending the relationship he let her decide if she wanted to stop drinking coffee or end the relationship. Then she turns that into a whole control thing. That's bull$#@!, women do that all the time.... way more than men do. Then when a man does it, it's abuse? Sorry, but this makes me really question everything else in the video. She admitted she was on social media a lot and would ignore him when she got resentful. This is the kind of immaturity that he was likely dealing with on a day to day basis.

And again, Adam isn't perfect either, but a crazy ex-gf video isn't going to make any difference to me, if he is going to vote with Rand to oppose wars and reduce the size and scope of govt.

And again, Adam isn't perfect either, but a crazy ex-gf video isn't going to make any difference to me, if he is going to vote with Rand to oppose wars and reduce the size and scope of govt.
    Except he isn't; because he isn't going to win the Senate, esp. on an LP ticket. It is at best an educational campaign and at worst a waste of funds. Luckily you are free to support whoever you want, but if I want to spend money on an educational ticket, then I expect that person to have pretty good personal character.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I like and support Adam even though I am sure he is far from perfect. I have no doubt of his dedication to liberty.

I won't be voting for him over Republican Kelli Ward.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Except he isn't; because he isn't going to win the Senate, esp. on an LP ticket. It is at best an educational campaign and at worst a waste of funds. Luckily you are free to support whoever you want, but if I want to spend money on an educational ticket, then I expect that person to have pretty good personal character.
    There are different levels of "support" in a campaign. You can support somebody without even donating or really doing anything.

You could say you wish him the best and if he comes out with good campaign material you might share it or something, but probably won't donate unless it looks like he has an actual shot at winning because you have some concerns about his character.

Or you might think that Kelli Ward isn't as good of a libertarian but has a much better chance and want to make sure she wins the primary first.

When you say you don't support somebody, it sounds like you would prefer they go home and get a job managing a Burger King, wouldn't vote for him if you lived in the district even if it was against a neocon, etc..

Adam Kokesh openly admits to being an anarchist. The US Senate was just renovated, so the last thing we need is him in there throwing molotov cocktails.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Sounds like he's a smart guy with some lady drama/baggage. I'd have a beer with him, but not holding my breath that he will ever be a serious candidate for office. That 'contract' was pretty creepy, but I've seen stranger. Maybe he can continue to be an advocate for liberty and move the needle a little bit here in AZ.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I like his homestead on 10 acres in Ash Fork, AZ, though... that's pretty freaking cool.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I like and support Adam even though I am sure he is far from perfect. I have no doubt of his dedication to liberty.

I won't be voting for him over Republican Kelli Ward.
    Thanks for voting!

And especially thanks for not voting for an anarchist
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Sounds like he's a smart guy with some lady drama/baggage. I'd have a beer with him, but not holding my breath that he will ever be a serious candidate for office. That 'contract' was pretty creepy, but I've seen stranger. Maybe he can continue to be an advocate for liberty and move the needle a little bit here in AZ.
    That's the approach I would take.

His ex-girlfriend has apologized for that about 7 or 8 times now.

Kokesh is like a keyboard activist, only he actually puts his a$$ on the line.

They've taken enough from him at this point, I dont think he has a whole lot to lose.

The last time I'd seen Adam was a broadcast event at "Anarchapulco".

I must admit that he has annoyed me at times, but I'd have no problem with voting for him. Its not hard to figure out where he stands and who he is - he's pretty transparent. Add to that I agree with much of what he says and does, in terms of protesting government and promoting nonaggression. Some of his interviews are quite entertaining as well.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In general I think the best activists make the worst politicians. I'm not sure if this holds for libertarians as we generally would say that a principled stance is the only one. But that doesn't work in our current political climate. Some kind of compromise will have to happen somewhere and as a candidate you'll have to support some of it. Simply because you cannot change society in one day... And trying to establish that, will not get you elected. The only thing it would do, is make you look like an idiot. No effort necessary, the media will help with that.

Having said that, it's not my personal opinion that the type of baggage that he has should keep him from being elected. But a gun-conviction, this stuff with his ex, things he's said over the years... If we're realistic, he doesn't have the kind of machinery that Trump has so his chances of getting away with all that are not good.

Having said THAT, I do think he'd make a good politician. What he does in his personal life may be unwanted however more politicians seem to dabble into weird stuff. He's a principled guy, even though he can be loud, he's also good at forming an argument. Even better in passionately conveying it. I have not seen much of what he has been doing in the past years but who knows, if he has matured a bit and learned some more... He's not a second Ron but I do think he's one of those that truly understood Ron's message.

Having said all of that. I agree with Brian but if Ward doesn't win, then I'm very interested to see what Kokesh can bring. In that case, I wish him all the luck he needs!
    "I am a bird"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He's kinda like Cernovich. The self-promotion is way over the top.

Degenerate. As almost all political activists are.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    His ex-girlfriend has apologized for that about 7 or 8 times now.

I've got no problem with him. Wish he would have seen through the plan for an organized armed march on Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've got no problem with him. Wish he would have seen through the plan for an organized armed march on Washington.
    He seems like an OK guy, but I could never vote for someone who doesn't vote.

- Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast