Thread: Pets drive away depression

Pets drive away depression

Spending time with animals (your pet) helps you feel better. Cuddling your feathery friend is just so comforting. Willy, my curious and smart Siamese cat, is an excellent listener. He just sits beside me, looks me in the eye, as he intently listens to my stories, especially during stressful and busy days.

How's your fluffy companion? How is it taking my loneliness away?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alivecream View Post
    Spending time with animals (your pet) helps you feel better. Cuddling your feathery friend is just so comforting. Willy, my curious and smart Siamese cat, is an excellent listener. He just sits beside me, looks me in the eye, as he intently listens to my stories, especially during stressful and busy days.

How's your fluffy companion? How is it taking my loneliness away?
    I have a zoo,, where do you want to start?,,,

I did just find this FB page,,
    https://www.facebook.com/RottweilersNotDangerous/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Willy, my curious and smart Siamese cat, is an excellent listener. He just sits beside me, looks me in the eye, as he intently listens to my stories, especially during stressful and busy days.

Yep, I like how the cat will look at you with those eyes, like he's taking it all in. Sort of like the thinking man's pet.

Here's our fluffy pet of many years. Died earlier this year. His buddy died a few years ago. Pets really liven up a joint.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Yeah, my Dobermans are never depressed because they have a human pet (me) to keep them company.

Yeah my brothers two cats are so adorable. They're probably the most friendly cats you'll ever meet. Most people I know who have cats they always hide from strangers.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Seems that those I know who suffer from depression also suffer cats....

Don't know any depressed dog people....

Y'all are making me miss my doge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Y'all are making me miss my doge.
    I always have 2 dogs to minimize the chances of having none. We still have the old girl that we got from a fellow RPFer, and a cattle dog.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Can't forget about man's best friend as well
    Last edited by Marenco; 08-09-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have a zoo,, where do you want to start?,,,

I did just find this FB page,,
    https://www.facebook.com/RottweilersNotDangerous/
    nice... can I visit ?

I think because dogs are more sociable... and probably the owner is not playing with the cats due to depression.

If depression is too much to handle, really pulling you down (even to the point that it is affecting your pets), maybe it would be better to seek help. Seeking professional help should no longer be much of a problem because there are reputable online counseling sites like ReGain that makes counseling comfortable and more accessible.

I hope the next time you feel down, you'll try considering talking to someone who could help.

nice... can I visit ?
    anything is possible.

My zoo has changed over the years.. location,additions and subtractions.

Current house,,5 dogs, 4 cats, 3 cockatiel ,,and six laying hens.
    4 humans,, and stray wildlife.

You could fit into the stray wildlife category.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, my Dobermans are never depressed because they have a human pet (me) to keep them company.

PCR is a cat man.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

My dogs have been a great comfort to me this past year after losing both my husband and mother in the same month. I think it would have been so much harder without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    My dogs have been a great comfort to me this past year after losing both my husband and mother in the same month. I think it would have been so much harder without them.
    I'm sorry to hear of your losses, I'm glad you had loved ones to help you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think because dogs are more sociable... and probably the owner is not playing with the cats due to depression.

If depression is too much to handle, really pulling you down (even to the point that it is affecting your pets), maybe it would be better to seek help. Seeking professional help should no longer be much of a problem because there are reputable online counseling sites like ReGain that makes counseling comfortable and more accessible.

I hope the next time you feel down, you'll try considering talking to someone who could help.
    What? Cats are a blast to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What? Cats are a blast to play with.
    My dogs think so..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    My dogs think so..
    Scooter grew up with his own dog..

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your losses, I'm glad you had loved ones to help you.
    Thank you! I have just passed the year mark of these losses. I have been in a total fog for the most part. I am so glad that my fir babes made me get up and stayed right by my side the whole time.

They kept me on task with feeding and walks. They even helped me dig my garden up they were so funny out there digging too getting dirt all over their noses. I pulled on a big root and I pulled so hard that I fell backwards and they came right over to me making sure I was alright and my big male stood very firm while I held on to him and got up.I made a harness for him that hooks up to my wagon and I get him to help me carry heavy stuff. He loves it when I pull out the harness cause he knows we are going to go out side and work he is such an awesome dog.