Thread: Shock and Awe Movie - brief review

Shock and Awe Movie - brief review

Not sure where the movie reviews go

Shock and Awe

35% on Rotten Tomatoes
    "In 2003, as the Bush administration prepares to invade Iraq, skeptical journalists question the administration's claim that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction."

I was surprised it got so low of a rating on Rotten. I do like these sorts of movies and while it wasn't nearly as good a film in writing, or production, as say Spotlight it was still good enough to recommend it. Also it's not like they knew how to combine the soldier's story with the journalists story, like it was shoehorned in.

Woody gave a good performance, as usual. The rest of the cast was decent.

It seems like the intended takeaway from the movie is to never trust the government at face value. Healthy skepticism is always good.

Worth a watch if you like the journalist fighting the world movie.
    Last edited by kpitcher; 08-08-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    35% on Rotten Tomatoes...
    I was surprised it got so low of a rating on Rotten.
    I find some of these sites of the common man to be really pitiful. Rotten Tomatoes "reviews" are among the worst.

Instead of actually evaluating a movie, the narcissists there will often just talk about themselves. It's once notch above the Youtubers littering the comments section with useless replies like, OMG! I love this song!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This was from a few days ago, now it's even worse - 90% audience score and 0% from 11 reviewers.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The percentage on Rotten Tomatoes seems to match the audience score pretty closely, unlike a lot of films these days. Maybe it just wasn't all that good. It may be an important story, but it seems like another media-glorifying movie as opposed to actually trying to have an anti-state message. The Post was similar and obviously propagandistic in this day and age.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.