Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Politico: "Rand Paul has persuaded the president that we are not for regime change in Iran"

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Rand has yet to talk Trump out of any neocon actions.
    How would you know?
    We can't exactly give you a list of things that didn't happen, if we tried you would just dismiss it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    How would you know?
    We can't exactly give you a list of things that didn't happen, if we tried you would just dismiss it.
    Very true. If the Neocons had their way, we would be actively fighting Syria in Syria (rather than just squatting on part of their territory). Be in a shooting war with Russia over Ukraine, and have invaded Iran and North Korea already. That would be our reality if Hillary had won.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Very true. If the Neocons had their way, we would be actively fighting Syria in Syria (rather than just squatting on part of their territory). Be in a shooting war with Russia over Ukraine, and have invaded Iran and North Korea already. That would be our reality if Hillary had won.
    It might have happened if Rand didn't influence Trump but it is impossible to prove that, I for one am grateful that Rand decided to play "good cop" so that Trump would listen to him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It might have happened if Rand didn't influence Trump but it is impossible to prove that, I for one am grateful that Rand decided to play "good cop" so that Trump would listen to him.
    It's funny to see so many people affected by TDS while Rand is carrying Trump's letters to Moscow.

The US officially started occupying Syrian land not during the neocon Obama' admin but during Trump's. Remember neocon Bush planned on occupying 7 countries in 5 years but the plan ran into some resistance. Even though they would like to occupy every country in the world, they can only do so much with the resistance they are facing.

I cannot foresee Hillary doing much worse than Trump in terms of foreign policy.

The US officially started occupying Syrian land not during the neocon Obama' admin but during Trump's. .

Go back to your own world where your imaginary friends think you're something special in a good way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/10/u...yria-isis.html

U.S. to Send 200 More Troops to Syria
    The United States is sending 200 additional troops to Syria, nearly doubling the Pentagon’s presence there, to help thousands of Kurdish and Arab fighters massing for an assault on the Islamic State’s stronghold of Raqqa, Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter said here on Saturday.

I cannot foresee Hillary doing much worse than Trump in terms of foreign policy.

I can not foresee anybody being more deranged. Sorry r3v3.0 and aratus.

This. We'd be at war with Russia over Ukraine and also because they're allied with Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Go back to your own world where your imaginary friends think you're something special in a good way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/10/u...yria-isis.html
    We have troops in Somalia but we aren't officially occupying it. What I mean by occupation is what is going on east of the Euphrates were we have troops and military bases and have officially told the Syrian govt that they cannot go east of the river.

This started under Trump and not Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    You would be wise to practice restraint when discussing the MAGA.
    I'll take "Things Neocons Would Never Say For $1000," Alex:

What is:
    “I want to get out,” Trump said. “I want to bring our troops back home. I want to start rebuilding our nation.”

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have troops in Somalia but we aren't officially occupying it. What I mean by occupation is what is going on east of the Euphrates were we have troops and military bases and have officially told the Syrian govt that they cannot go east of the river.

This started under Trump and not Obama.
    I know exactly what you meant. You meant you were going to cherry pick a definition that suited your hallucination.

I know exactly what you meant. You meant you were going to cherry pick a definition that suited your hallucination.
    Kettle calling pot black again. It is because of gullible and taken people like yourself that I now read this forum with a sharp pin ready to test reality whenever I start reading posts from the Trumpsters. It seems like I am not the only one hallucinating around here, the only problem for you is that my hallucination is closer to reality than your hallucinations. I actually try to test my bias every so often and I am willing to bet that the people in your camp will sleep through the Trump admin never to wake up.

I know the nuance in my post must be very hard to pick up for people who see every illegal immigrant as an invading agent in this country.
    Last edited by juleswin; 08-24-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: try not tries.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I can not foresee anybody being more deranged. Sorry r3v3.0 and aratus.
    At least he is not calling me a communist. #winning

. It seems like I am not the only one hallucinating around here, the only problem for you is that my hallucination is closer to reality than your hallucinations.
    You said we didn't have ground troops in Syria. I proved we did. But I'm hallucinating.

Go away.

You said we didn't have ground troops in Syria. I proved we did. But I'm hallucinating.

Go away.
    I wonder sometimes why the biggest morons from the entire internet descend on RPF. Are they are exploiting RPF tolerance? They would be instantly banned from any other forum even if it was on their side of the political spectrum.

Go away.
    Show me where I said we didn't have ground troops in Syria? dropping some serious truth bombs on this site must be making you very uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I wonder sometimes why the biggest morons from the entire internet descend on RPF. Are they are exploiting RPF tolerance? They would be instantly banned from any other forum even if it was on their side of the political spectrum.
    They are designed that way to make us all feel like the political opposition is stupid so we get complacent and think that people can't learn and underestimate their worth.

Rand, is unfortunately wrong here. The USG, along with its Saudi and Israeli allies should continue to pressure the regime so that it finally dismantles. Iran is not our friend.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Go away.
    It's good that we have troops in Syria. Trump is wise to keep them there to keep Iran and Syria check against our ally, Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by edalonzo View Post
    Rand, is unfortunately wrong here. The USG, along with its Saudi and Israeli allies should continue to pressure the regime so that it finally dismantles. Iran is not our friend.
    I hate to break it to you, but the USG, Israel and Saudi Arabia are not our friends either.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the USG, Israel and Saudi Arabia are not our friends either.
    They absolutely are. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise. If they weren't our friends, Trump would sanction them.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    A good question, but I believe Trump's heart to be closer to Rand's worldview.
    I think so too and if anyone actually listened to him talk about foreign policy issues when he was running for President, they'd know that. Thomas Massey hailed him for what he said. Now, he needs to clear out the war-mongering globalists from his circle and get us out of the Middle East. And may God protect him as he does, because there are going to be a number of people wanting to stop him.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Now, he needs to clear out the war-mongering globalists from his circle and get us out of the Middle East.
    That would be an epic mistake of geopolitical proportions. Luckily, Trump is intelligent enough to know that Israel and Saudi Arabia are important allies for the US and that must be maintained against the barbaric anti-Semites there.

That would be an epic mistake of geopolitical proportions. Luckily, Trump is intelligent enough to know that Israel and Saudi Arabia are important allies for the US and that must be maintained against the barbaric anti-Semites there.
    Shalom!

Are they close allies because the same people that govern Israel also govern Saudi Arabia? Hmmm.....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Shalom!

Are they close allies because the same people that govern Israel also govern Saudi Arabia? Hmmm.....
    I don't get into conspiracy theories, just history. Historically, Persians have always been the enemies of the Jews and Persians have also tried to influence Phonecia and ancient parts of the Middle East which Israel now has a strong state. Therefore, it is imperative that Israel ally with the Arabs against Iran. Not all of the Arabian tribes are anti-Semitic and the ones running Saudi are surely not.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Shalom!

I don't get into conspiracy theories, just history. Historically, Persians have always been the enemies of the Jews and Persians have also tried to influence Phonecia and ancient parts of the Middle East which Israel now has a strong state. Therefore, it is imperative that Israel ally with the Arabs against Iran. Not all of the Arabian tribes are anti-Semitic and the ones running Saudi are surely not.

Rand Paul should also visit Saudi Arabia and make a strong stand against Iran, if he wants to get anywhere fruitful in his career.

Rand Paul should also visit Saudi Arabia and make a strong stand against Iran, if he wants to get anywhere fruitful in his career.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_...t_in_the_Bible

Lol. You probably could have replaced "Persians" with ANY other ethnic group and been less wrong. Why do I know more about your stupid book than zioretards like yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_...t_in_the_Bible

Lol. You probably could have replaced "Persians" with ANY other ethnic group and been less wrong. Why do I know more about your stupid book than zioretards like yourself?
    Reported for antisemitism.

Reported for antisemitism.
    That didn't end well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast