Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 126

Thread: WH pushes back after Rand Paul suggests Trump asked him to deliver letter to Putin

  1. #91
    Quite frankly I do think SENATOR RAND PAUL is not lying, and he was practically wearing
    a WESTERN UNION uniform as he took a proverbial candy-gram message to a Russian bear
    with an infamous sweat tooth. No... Rand NEVER was recruited by KGB Mister John McCain!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Quite frankly I do think SENATOR RAND PAUL is not lying, and he was practically wearing
    a WESTERN UNION uniform as he took a proverbial candy-gram message to a Russian bear
    with an infamous sweat tooth. No... Rand NEVER was recruited by KGB Mister John McCain!
    Have you ever thought of expressing yourself in a way that would make it easier to parse for people who are not currently "medicated"?

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Are you OK?
    Luv... Are U Okaaay?
    Like U know you toss B.S
    at us like its a Caesar salad.
    Like a steady hash house joint that
    Needs its 24 hour makeover.
    By CHEF RAMSEY. Ought
    I to do a poll on WHY SENATOR Rand
    is not lying, or may happen one on
    How MIKE PENCE looks more C-I-C lately.....???

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Have you ever thought of expressing yourself in a way that would make it easier to parse for people who are not currently "medicated"?
    LUV.... You dislike MY coffee driven GONZO? Becuz it's a WATERGATE era artForm?

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    LUV.... You dislike MY coffee driven GONZO? Becuz it's a WATERGATE era artForm?
    I would like to remind you the current year is 2018. Maybe it is time to give up on your antics?

  7. #96
    Let's try to have a dispassion driven discussion for once.

    Rand Paul had a trip abroad. FACT.
    Rand Paul is a U.S senator. FACT.
    He said he had this letter. FACT.

    Usually even his political opponents say he seldom if ever lies. FACT.
    The letter was above board and most likely meant to be read by at least one Russian. FACT.
    To understand the letter better, it must be placed inside a historic context. FACT.
    An educated guess places things inside the recent summit as a backdrop. MY OPINE!
    I understand WHY we all once again are trying to figure out what Trump is trying to do. ((((drumrolls))))


    I think that DJT has lied to us more often in ONE POTUS YEAR
    than RMN did over his unhappy SIX. THIS IS MY OPINION.

    Again I must ask you if you think poor Doctor Randal Paul was either lying to us
    or just a tad confused! Do be polite.

    Give me an INTELLIGENT answer that is not knee jerk claptrap.
    Presidents have to be diplomatic. Trump often lies.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Let's try to have a dispassion driven discussion for once.

    Rand Paul had a trip abroad. FACT.
    Rand Paul is a U.S senator. FACT.
    He said he had this letter. FACT.

    Usually even his political opponents say he seldom if ever lies. FACT.
    The letter was above board and most likely meant to be read by at least one Russian. FACT.
    To understand the letter better, it must be placed inside a historic context. FACT.
    An educated guess places things inside the recent summit as a backdrop. MY OPINE!
    I understand WHY we all once again are trying to figure out what Trump is trying to do. ((((drumrolls))))


    I think that DJT has lied to us more often in ONE POTUS YEAR
    than RMN did over his unhappy SIX. THIS IS MY OPINION.

    Again I must ask you if you think poor Doctor Randal Paul was either lying to us
    or just a tad confused! Do be polite.

    Give me an INTELLIGENT answer that is not knee jerk claptrap.
    Presidents have to be diplomatic. Trump often lies.
    No $#@!s given.

  10. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I would like to remind you the current year is 2018. Maybe it is time to give up on your antics?
    Dude, I swear... All THE Donald has to do is fire Jeff Sessions,
    Robert Mueller and nice Mister "R" in the same 48 hour
    time period and the D.C era $#@!Storm will sink his presidency
    in manner that is more seedy than Richard M. Nixon's!
    He is starting to look like as if the GOP has to do an exorcism
    in order to dislodge RMN's soul from DJT's aging body...

  11. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    No $#@!s given.
    You do concede that wily ole Mister Trump often lies but nice young Rand Paul often is VERY honest?

  12. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Let's try to have a dispassion driven discussion for once.

    Rand Paul had a trip abroad. FACT.
    Rand Paul is a U.S senator. FACT.
    He said he had this letter. FACT.



    I think that DJT has lied to us more often in ONE POTUS YEAR
    than RMN did over his unhappy SIX. THIS IS MY OPINION.

    Again I must ask you if you think poor Doctor Randal Paul was either lying to us
    or just a tad confused! Do be polite...
    Let's do a reboot. Honest answer time...
    Give me an intelligent reply for once.

  13. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I would like to remind you the current year is 2018. Maybe it is time to give up on your antics?
    Yes... I know the year is 2018 and that vintage GONZO that feels like 1973 feels like as if
    it's a missive from 1973 that was in a time capsule for 45 years. Yes. Like as if DJT can be
    compared to RMN easily and readily, like I had to live for four decades to have the epiphanies
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON did when rumDrunk and puking his guts up on his diary pages. Do be
    pleased that I am not also comparing our POTUS to LELAND PALMER or saying what TWIN
    PEAKs was like back in the day. I am being polite. Leland Palmer or BEN HORNE? You decide!

  14. #102
    Tell you what! You quit badgering the regulars and I will tone down my gonzo.

  15. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I would like to remind you the current year is 2018. Maybe it is time to give up on your antics?
    Some of us have understood the posting style for years,, (though it did concern me at first when it started making sense.)

    Tim is obviously "out of tune".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  16. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I think there is a good chance Rand gets endorsed in the primaries by President Trump in 2024.
    Right, and I'm probably going to be killed by an asteroid in the next 17.36 minutes.



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    By who? Somebody already tried by kicking his ribs in. And before that by shooting at him while he practiced baseball.
    By Rand, obviously.

    Rand ought to have stopped pandering to illiterate hobos - such as yourself - some months ago.

    This would have improved his standing among people who matter.

  19. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Demonstrably wrong.

    Does he have total influence? Absolutely not.

    But he may have more influence than any other single individual.
    The best influence...

    So much influence that the President will increase the national deb more than Obama.

  20. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This isn't a 5 minute news cycle thing, its a narrative the neocons have been pushing for over a year now. They started pushing this narrative when Rand was pushing for less expansions of NATO. Rand can't ever run for political office with support like yours though. You give the media narrative credibility when all you do is criticize Rand Paul, he will never accomplish anything with people working against him because they don't like his approach or strategy and cast doubt on his goals and aspirations. If you ever supported liberty you should be singing praise for the beatings Rand has taken trying to protect yours.
    The reality is simple and tragic:

    1. Rand has no influence whatsoever in the Trump whitehouse.

    --claims to the contrary are designed to get you, libertarians, to support the white house

    2. Rand believes, mistakenly, that the way to gain influence is to suck up to the President.

    This means that by 2020, Trump will have no opponent; and that by 2024, it will be far too late.

  21. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The reality is simple and tragic:

    1. Rand has no influence whatsoever in the Trump whitehouse.

    --claims to the contrary are designed to get you, libertarians, to support the white house

    2. Rand believes, mistakenly, that the way to gain influence is to suck up to the President.

    This means that by 2020, Trump will have no opponent; and that by 2024, it will be far too late.
    Are you always this right, Nostradamus?

  22. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Are you always this right, Nostradamus?
    Only every other Tuesday

    P.S. ..et al

  23. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I would like to remind you the current year is 2018. Maybe it is time to give up on your antics?
    You really should try reading some Hunter Thompson. I'm partial to Better Than Sex: Confessions of a Political Junkie as it covers parts of the 1992 presidential campaign which was the first campaign I really paid attention to. His description of first meeting/interviewing Bill Clinton is great all by itself.

    excerpt:
    ...diner called Doe's Eat Place (which I will hereafter and previously refer to as Doe's Cafe, because like cafe and I can't stand the cuteness of the other)...
    I nodded meekly and sat down in a tin chair at what was either the Head or the Foot of the table, thinking that the Candidate would naturally sit at the Other End, far out of reach of me.
    But no. The creepy bastard quickly sat down right next to me, about two feet away, and fixed me with a sleepy-looking stare that made me very uneasy. His eyes had narrowed to slits, and at first I thought he was dozing off.

  24. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You really should try reading some Hunter Thompson. I'm partial to Better Than Sex: Confessions of a Political Junkie as it covers parts of the 1992 presidential campaign which was the first campaign I really paid attention to. His description of first meeting/interviewing Bill Clinton is great all by itself.

    excerpt:
    I don't think anybody needs convincing Clinton is a creep.

  25. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The reality is simple and tragic:

    1. Rand has no influence whatsoever in the Trump whitehouse.

    --claims to the contrary are designed to get you, libertarians, to support the white house

    2. Rand believes, mistakenly, that the way to gain influence is to suck up to the President.
    Yes this explains clearly why Trump called Rand out of the blue to get his take on healthcare policies and why they stayed in touch regularly during that saga.
    Oh and what eventually came out of all of that communication and apparently golfing, is now the ability to buy health insurance across state lines, ocare individual mandate repealed and a new healthcare association program.
    Don't pay the media to attack Rand
    Every time you click on the attack articles, you are literally paying them to attack Rand or other liberty officials & candidates.


    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]



  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  27. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Yes this explains clearly why Trump called Rand out of the blue to get his take on healthcare policies and why they stayed in touch regularly during that saga.
    What was the result of that public relations event, in terms of legislation?

    Oh and what eventually came out of all of that communication and apparently golfing, is now the ability to buy health insurance across state lines, ocare individual mandate repealed and a new healthcare association program.
    Oh, good, we now have a free market in medicine (it's not like more than half of all Americans are "insured" by the federal government, or private insurance is required to cover preexisting conditions [i.e.actual insurance is illegal]).

  28. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    What was the result of that public relations event, in terms of legislation?



    Oh, good, we now have a free market in medicine (it's not like more than half of all Americans are "insured" by the federal government, or private insurance is required to cover preexisting conditions [i.e.actual insurance is illegal]).
    So what is your point? Nothing is enough for you? You are someone I think is a cool liberty dude on RPF (honestly) but you're just dreaming if you want everything go to the perfect way. We gotta get out of the libertarian fantasies because the zero sum game gets us nothing.

    Believe me, I would've loved the repeal to happen if McCain did not vote no, but we didn't get that, so we got something else and Rand got some credit. I'm HAPPY with that for now.

    There is no point to dog on Rand for doing what he can, when the opportunity presents. Do you expect Trump to be his bitch? It seems like it, even though it'll never happen. He is the top dawg, and everyone is second fiddle, who cares, at least he's open to marijuana legalization, auditing the fed and a host of other issues we care about. I don't expect Trump to be a champion of liberty nor do I expect him to go our way on every issue.

    We gotta be real with ourselves, Rand is a second term junior senator but somehow wields more power than most of the US Senate and is in regular communication with and has influenced POTUS on more than one libertarian issue. When is the last time this has happened?
    Last edited by eleganz; 08-10-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    Don't pay the media to attack Rand
    Every time you click on the attack articles, you are literally paying them to attack Rand or other liberty officials & candidates.


    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

  29. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    So what is your point?
    Claims about economic reform under this administration are preposterous.

    Worse, they undermine people (all 3 or 4 or them) who are trying to do actual reform.

    Nothing is enough for you?
    No, nothing isn't enough for me.

    I require something.

    In the absence of something, I'm inclined to point out that the current administration is horse$#@!.

    You are someone I think is a cool liberty dude on RPF (honestly) but you're just dreaming if you want everything go to the perfect way. We gotta get out of the libertarian fantasies because the zero sum game gets us nothing.
    I hear you, but the current political situation gets us nothing (NOTHING) in terms of policy, and also destroys our position within the party.

    There is no point to dog on Rand for doing what he can, when the opportunity presents. Do you expect Trump to be his bitch? It seems like it, even though it'll never happen. He is the top dawg, and everyone is second fiddle, who cares, at least he's open to marijuana legalization, auditing the fed and a host of other issues we care about.

    We gotta be real with ourselves, Rand is a second term junior senator but somehow wields more power than most of the US Senate and is in regular communication with and has influenced POTUS on more than one libertarian issue. When is the last time this has happened?
    I'm not trying to dog on Rand; he's the best Senator we have, and probably the best we'll have for some decades.

    But he's not using what little influence he has in the most effective way.

    ....not that it would really matter.

    Libertarians won't have meaningful influence within the party until Trumpian nationalism is defeated.

  30. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Libertarians won't have meaningful influence within the party until Trumpian nationalism is defeated.
    The patient suffers from a severe TDS. Daily enemas for a week. Next!

  31. #117
    Dude... The lil ole WaPo got to look at Ms.O's NEW book about the year or so she spent with DJT.
    If W.H "panties" are in a knot over her opines, on top of her brief TMZ interview, pop popcorn
    and tune into her stint on MEET THE PRESS tomorrow. (Or is it "Face The Nation"...?) Have fun!

  32. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The !!!!!quickedit!!!!!!
    Oh shut the "F" up!!!

  33. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Dude... The lil ole WaPo got to look at Ms.O's NEW book about the year or so she spent with DJT.
    If W.H "panties" are in a knot over her opines, on top of her brief TMZ interview, pop popcorn
    and tune into her stint on MEET THE PRESS tomorrow. (Or is it "Face The Nation"...?) Have fun!
    No thanks, Fake News rots the brain.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  34. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No thanks, Fake News rots the brain.
    Avoid FAUX NEWz



  35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 08:04 PM
  2. Trump Pushes Back Against Neocon Plan to Invade Syria
    By dannno in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 08:35 PM
  3. Rand Paul Pushes Back (Howard Kurtz Interview)
    By carlton in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 11:29 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 09:58 AM
  5. Sen. Rand Paul Pushes Back Against Paul Krugman’s Blog Attacks
    By GeorgiaAvenger in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 07:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •