Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WH pushes back after Rand Paul suggests Trump asked him to deliver letter to Putin

WH pushes back after Rand Paul suggests Trump asked him to deliver letter to Putin

By John Robert, Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

The White House pushed back against Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday after the Kentucky Republican implied on Twitter that President Trump had asked him to deliver a letter of introduction to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Paul, who has been visiting Russia with a delegation for several days, said, "I was honored to deliver a letter from President Trump to President Vladimir Putin’s administration."

The White House told Fox News that Paul asked Trump to write a letter of introduction to the Russian leader. While Trump obliged the senator and wrote the letter, the White House said the idea that Trump asked Paul to deliver the letter to Putin on Trump's behalf is not true.

According to the White House, the letter read: "I would like to introduce Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and a voice for expanding dialogue with the Russian Federation. He will be in Moscow from August 5 to August 8.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-to-putin.html

I knew this was a bad idea from the get go, everyone here knows that I am very pro Putin and Russia but the appearance of a US senator going to Russia with all the negative things the media and this administration has been accusing Russia and Putin with just looks very bad.

Plus, I have been saying that Trump is by far the most anti Russian US president we have had since Ronald Reagan and Rand trying to foster any outreach between the two sides will only backfire on him. He just looks like a spineless messenger boy for the deep state agent in Trump.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who at the White House said these things, how do they know whose idea it was or what was in it?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Who at the White House said these things, how do they know whose idea it was or what was in it?
    It was the White House itself this time. No anonymous sources.

The letter is certainly no bombshell revelation. Just states who Senator Paul is, and that he favors dialogue with Russia.

A big nothing-burger. A sensible push back against the anti-Russia hysteria so prevalent these days, IMO.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

https://thinkprogress.org/rand-paul-...-dd83ddf651a4/

“Today, I met with Chairman Kosachev, and we agreed on the importance of continued dialogue,” he stated, referring to the foreign affairs leader in Russia’s Federation Council, the country’s upper parliamentary house. “I invited the Russian Federation to send a delegation to the Capitol, and they have agreed to take this important next step.”

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    The letter is certainly no bombshell revelation. Just states who Senator Paul is, and that he favors dialogue with Russia.

A big nothing-burger. A sensible push back against the anti-Russia hysteria so prevalent these days, IMO.

Do u not see a problem with a sitting senator being friendly with a country who the US and a good portion of the population believes that they kill opposition journalists/pol, support chemical weapon using president, kills spies overseas and tampers with US elections. Trump believes all those things and eve Rand himself believes half of it. Regardless of what you think about his actions, this looks bad to most Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Do u not see a problem with a sitting senator being friendly with a country who the US and a good portion of the population believes that they kill opposition journalists/pol, support chemical weapon using president, kills spies overseas and tampers with US elections. Trump believes all those things and eve Rand himself believes half of it. Regardless of what you think about his actions, this looks bad to most Americans.
    Most people don't believe all that garbage and we would still need to have a civil relationship with them even if it were all true.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Most people don't believe all that garbage and we would still need to have a civil relationship with them even if it were all true.
    Talking and having a civil relationship is one thing, being friendly with them is a totally different issues. People out there, real people actually believe this nonsense about Russia collusion/interference. Heck, Rand buys into the interference nonsense.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OP, when you base your analysis on MSM sources, you are doomed to fail.

Either you trust Rand or you don't. If you are going to believe the MSM and not take Rand's word then you have a lot to learn.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Talking and having a civil relationship is one thing, being friendly with them is a totally different issues. People out there, real people actually believe this nonsense about Russia collusion/interference. Heck, Rand buys into the interference nonsense.
    Guess everyone I know must be fake people.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    OP, when you base your analysis on MSM sources, you are doomed to fail.

Either you trust Rand or you don't. If you are going to believe the MSM and not take Rand's word then you have a lot to learn.
    I think he's saying it's not politically smart, but I sometimes believe that you need to take risks. We could easily be thrown into a conflict with Russia when you consider the unhinged mentality of the Deep State.

I knew this was a bad idea from the get go, everyone here knows that I am very pro Putin and Russia but the appearance of a US senator going to Russia with all the negative things the media and this administration has been accusing Russia and Putin with just looks very bad.

Plus, I have been saying that Trump is by far the most anti Russian US president we have had since Ronald Reagan and Rand trying to foster any outreach between the two sides will only backfire on him. He just looks like a spineless messenger boy for the deep state agent in Trump.
    Fortunately, nobody pays any attention to you because your avatar says all we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Guess everyone I know must be fake people.
    Point is that there are lots of real people who believe this shyte. This is not to say there aren't real people who believe it is rubbish. For example, Rand Paul a real senator from Kentucky believes that the Russian govt interfered in US elections. And I would wager that 100 out of 100 senators representing 100% of the US population buys into this rubbish.

So yea, real people on both sides but the believe side is more popular and powerful in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Fortunately, nobody pays any attention to you because your avatar says all we need to know.
    A wise man once told me to never judge a book by its cover and I try my best to follow that sage advise in my life. The people who still reply to me tend to follow that line of thinking and I would advise u do the same.

The White House pushed back against Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday after the Kentucky Republican implied on Twitter that President Trump had asked him to deliver a letter of introduction to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
    "implied", not actually said or even alluded to. There was nothing in Randals statement that implied any such thing. However, I predict that Randal will use this fake drama to his advantage and get on all the news shows to dismiss it, then talk about what he wants to talk about.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Massie is hilarious. Love his verbiage.

Tom Woods has never been a staunch Rand supporter, so it's a pleasant surprise to see him stick up for him.

A wise man once told me to never judge a book by its cover and I try my best to follow that sage advise in my life. The people who still reply to me tend to follow that line of thinking and I would advise u do the same.
    That wise man apparently forgot to tell you that many people do judge a book by its cover so you should be careful what cover you wear.
    In any case those of us who don't judge a book by its cover have learned from your posting history that your cover suits you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That wise man apparently forgot to tell you that many people do judge a book by its cover so you should be careful what cover you wear.
    In any case those of us who don't judge a book by its cover have learned from your posting history that your cover suits you.
    Right and if actions speak louder than words, why is the pen mightier than the sword. Think about that for a sec.

Right and if actions speak louder than words, why is the pen mightier than the sword. Think about that for a sec.
    Because it can incite mass action whereas the sword is less likely to.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There are many enemies inside the WH that harbor animosity towards Rand. They fear Rand's influence on Trump.

Because it can incite mass action whereas the sword is less likely to.
    Look at the whole question again before answering and consider the proposition made in the first part when giving your final answer.

Look at the whole question again before answering and consider the proposition made in the first part when giving your final answer.
    The pen is only worth the actions it can inspire, actions always speak louder than words, words achieve nothing on their own.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The pen is only worth the actions it can inspire, actions always speak louder than words, words achieve nothing on their own.
    Well, the point is that the 2 popular phrases kinda contradict each other when examined together. Action speaking louder than words implying that direct action has more impact than words and the pen being mightier than the sword saying that written words have more impact than actions.

I wasn't really expecting any answer cos there is no correct answer to it, but thanks for playing

No problems until after midterm elections

Do u not see a problem with a sitting senator being friendly with a country.... .
    I don't anticipate any problems until after the midterm elections when the Trump snowflakes blame the huge losses by The Donald's deep state GOP candidates, on Ruskie election hacking and join with ANTIFA in demanding more crippling sanctions, and the nuclear annihilation of Putin.

When you start to hear a lot more whining about TDS, you'll know that the end is near.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Banned

Blog Entries

That's a lot of opinion, stemming from fake news... er, faux.. errr... Foxy legs... er... err... FOX.

This is a non-story attempting to sound like a disagreement

The journalist is playing with words to make an inference that Rand never made.

All Rand said was:
    I was honored to deliver a letter from President Trump to President Vladimir Putin’s administration.
    He did not say:
    I was honored that President Trump asked me to deliver his letter to Vladimir Putin for him.
    They would've found something to complain about regardless of how he worded it.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    That's a lot of opinion, stemming from fake news... er, faux.. errr... Foxy legs... er... err... FOX.
    I expected something like this to happen and I will keep my eye on this news and update later if it turns out to be fake. Right now, I believe the reporting to be mostly true and not fake news at all.

Right now, I believe the reporting to be mostly true and not fake news at all.
    Which is the opposite of what you usually say. Now those same CIA people who always lie about all those things that only you know the truth about are telling the truth this time.

#SeemsLegit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast