Thread: Alison Lundergan Grimes: Rand Paul 'can be beaten'..'Just ask his neighbor'

Alison Lundergan Grimes: Rand Paul 'can be beaten'..'Just ask his neighbor'

Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky Democrat, jokes Rand Paul 'can be beaten': 'Just ask his neighbor'
    By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Monday, August 6, 2018

Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is facing blowback after she joked during a Democrats dinner Friday night about Sen. Rand Paul’s brutal beating by his neighbor last year.

Ms. Grimes made the joke at the Democrats traditional bean supper ahead of the Fancy Farm picnic in Mayfield on Saturday, at which Mr. Paul was expected to be a no-show due to his trip to Russia.

“Rand Paul, he won’t be there either ‘cause, you know, he is in Russia right now,” Ms. Grimes told the raucous crowd, according to audio published by The Courier Journal. “He’s in Moscow looking for a campaign venture.

“Many folks think that Rand Paul can’t be beat, they’re worried he might be too well-liked,” she continued. “I don’t buy that. Just ask his neighbor. He can be beaten.”

The joke was in reference to a Nov. 3 altercation at Mr. Paul’s home, in which his neighbor, Rene Boucher, viciously assaulted him while he was mowing the lawn, breaking five of the senator’s ribs. Mr. Boucher later pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress and was convicted to 30 days in jail and a year of supervised release.
    More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...crat-jokes-ra/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Because violent unprovoked assault that punctures a lung is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Because violent unprovoked assault that punctures a lung is hilarious.
    What you don't make puns about your political opposition being fatally wounded? You don't cheer for the cancer to eat John McCain's brain?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You don't cheer for the cancer to eat John McCain's brain?
    I actually do.

Jan2017

"Rand Paul can be beaten . . . just ask his neighbor"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And a remarkably resemblance to . . . uh, Monica Lewinsky (?)