Thread: ‘Truth is treason in empire of lies’: Ron Paul on Big Tech censorship

‘Truth is treason in empire of lies’: Ron Paul on Big Tech censorship

‘Truth is treason in empire of lies’: Ron Paul on Big Tech censorship

https://www.rt.com/usa/435372-ron-pa...er-censorship/

[Video at link]

After the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute got suspended on Twitter, the former congressman from Texas told RT that social media crackdowns are part of a broader effort to silence dissent in the US.
    While social media could be a “real delight” and very informative, the biggest role social networks are playing is “working with the government,” Ron Paul told RT on Tuesday. The government is indirectly regulating speech through companies like Twitter and Facebook, he added.

“You get accused of treasonous activity and treasonous speech because in an empire of lies the truth is treason,” Paul said. “Challenging the status quo is what they can’t stand and it unnerves them, so they have to silence people.”

Paul served in the House of Representatives for over 25 years before retiring in 2013 and setting up the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity. The institute’s executive director, Daniel McAdams, found himself suspended from Twitter on Monday, apparently for retweeting a comment by radio show host Scott Horton.

Horton, who is also the editorial director of Antiwar.com, was suspended for criticizing journalist Jonathan M. Katz, after Katz complained to Twitter and got former former State Department employee and author Peter Van Buren banned from the platform.

“I’m just hoping that technology can stay ahead of it all and that we can have real alternatives to the dependency on Twitter and other companies that have been working hand in glove with the government,” Paul told RT.

“And if we, some of us, tell the truth about our government, they call us treasonous and say we’re speaking out of line and they’d like to punish us, and I think that’s part of what’s happening with social media,” he added.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the collusion by the big tech governments are a feint to get "conservatives" to clamor for govt control of internet platforms. an inside job so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I think the collusion by the big tech governments are a feint to get "conservatives" to clamor for govt control of internet platforms. an inside job so to speak...
    Exactly. This is the point I've been trying to drive home. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...34#post6664034

We can't let this happen.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Nasty ol' ___________, you'll get yours when we throw you in the government regulation briar patch.

Fear and false pride ALWAYS gets the lobbyists closer to the law manipulators.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE