Thread: Judge upholds transgender bathrooms: Female ‘students do not have a fundamental privacy right’

Judge upholds transgender bathrooms: Female ‘students do not have a fundamental privacy right’

Judge upholds transgender bathrooms: Female ‘students do not have a fundamental privacy right’

OREGON, August 7, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Boys will continue to be allowed in girls’ restrooms and locker rooms in Oregon after a judge dismissed a lawsuit against that policy, saying, “high school students do not have a fundamental privacy right to not share school restrooms, lockers, and showers with transgender students whose biological sex is different than theirs.”

Students who are unwillingly subjected to seeing students of the opposite sex are not having their rights violated, U.S. District Judge Marco Hernandez wrote.

This ruling “reveals everything people need to know to understand the utter corruption of our court system,” Julie Quist, Board Chair of the Child Protection League (CPL), told LifeSiteNews. “Decency and respect for our children…are being cast aside for the political advantage of a militant political force that is systematically violating the innocence, dignity and freedom of our children and all of us.”

The lawsuit against Oregon schools allowing boys in girls’ restrooms and vice versa was filed by parents and students in Dallas, Oregon. This gender-free policy caused “embarrassment, humiliation, anxiety, intimidation, fear, apprehension, and stress produced by using the restroom with students of the opposite sex,” they said in the lawsuit.

The problems began when the Dallas School District allowed a girl to change in the boys’ locker rooms. She didn’t like changing in the gender-neutral bathroom because it was too far away and other students noticed, according to the Washington Post.

“This ruling, and others like it, is a hostile takeover,” Quist continued. “CPL urges parents to immediately begin to take steps to remove their children from any public schools where this policy is being enforced, and to take seriously a new burden of their responsibility of citizenship to throw out all incumbent elected officials everywhere who will not fight for them. If we love our children, it's that important.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ju...ndamental-priv
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, the only "privacy" right they have is to kill their unborn children.

This will spin the TERFs up.

Good.

If this is the case, all bathrooms should be unisex.

The children would fix this BS if they weren't being spoon fed tolerance..

Be weird if you want to but don't expect me to like or accept it.

Removing your child from that environment is good but....................It shows your child that you accept the weirdo's behaviors over theirs and that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Removing your child from that environment is good but....................It shows your child that you accept the weirdo's behaviors over theirs and that's not good.
    I don't see it that way, it shows that you are doing your best to protect them from things that are otherwise beyond your control, you can make it quite clear to them that you do not accept the weirdos by explaining that the weirdos are one of the many reasons you are withdrawing them from public school.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Question for the judge: Do we have the right to wipe our asses in private?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't see it that way, it shows that you are doing your best to protect them from things that are otherwise beyond your control, you can make it quite clear to them that you do not accept the weirdos by explaining that the weirdos are one of the many reasons you are withdrawing them from public school.
    Ya' can't cherry-pick one sentence out of 3 and argue just it.

They all 3 tie together to form a complete thought.

Let the children sort out who is accepted or rejected, not some politician, judge or lawyer...

If the teenage girls want to throw little Johnny out on his ass because they're not falling for the BS that he identifies as Jane then sane people will back the girls and fight political correctness instead of running from it....(All while being taxed to support it!)

Ya' can't cherry-pick one sentence out of 3 and argue just it.

They all 3 tie together to form a complete thought.

Let the children sort out who is accepted or rejected, not some politician, judge or lawyer...

If the teenage girls want to throw little Johnny out on his ass because they're not falling for the BS that he identifies as Jane then sane people will back the girls and fight political correctness instead of running from it....(All while being taxed to support it!)
    I agree with the rest of what you said, letting the children deal with the problem is the natural and best way but since government is going to punish you and your children if they deal with the weirdos themselves then it may be prudent to remove your children from the problem and tell them why instead.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I agree with the rest of what you said, letting the children deal with the problem is the natural and best way but since government is going to punish you and your children if they deal with the weirdos themselves then it may be prudent to remove your children from the problem and tell them why instead.
    Again, you're just teaching kids to run from a fight instead of tackling it head-on....

I have a 13 y/o in publix-skool and out here in BFO they don't play that acceptance BS, not yet anyway.....

Again, you're just teaching kids to run from a fight instead of tackling it head-on....

I have a 13 y/o in publix-skool and out here in BFO they don't play that acceptance BS, not yet anyway.....
    Discretion is often the better part of valor, some fights are not worth having depending on your resources and the potential harm you and your child might take from the fight.

There are so many other reasons to pull your children out of government schools that this is just yet another "last straw" anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Do transgenders have a fundamental privacy right?
    Last edited by timosman; 08-19-2018 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Do transgenders have a fundamental privacy right?
    Not if it violates the privacy rights of sane people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I can't believe the founding fathers didn't foresee this and enshrine protections from the government in the Bill of Rights regarding it.

So progressive judges on the Supreme Court said you couldn't ban contraception or abortion because of the right to privacy. But mutants with penises going to the ladies bathroom doesn't violate a right to privacy? Just one more example the leftists have no core values. Every single policy decision is based on whims for them. They are unthinking animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If this is the case, all bathrooms should be unisex.
    Yes, and they will be single use, each with a locking mechanism. Multi-use bathrooms will be use at your own risk.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    So progressive judges on the Supreme Court said you couldn't ban contraception or abortion because of the right to privacy. But mutants with penises going to the ladies bathroom doesn't violate a right to privacy? Just one more example the leftists have no core values. Every single policy decision is based on whims for them. They are unthinking animals.
    Then you have a "right to privacy".

Massive government sweeps of terabytes of personal and private information on every single citizen, collected daily? Not so much.

Vetting and screening and gate rape to travel internally around the country? Not so much.

Cameras, microphones and facial recognition tracking your every move and monitored by cops all across the country in real time? Not so much.

I could go on and on and on...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Outfit your daughters with these;

Given how long school-aged girls spend in the bathroom something will be changing really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I can't believe the founding fathers didn't foresee this and enshrine protections from the government in the Bill of Rights regarding it.
    Pretty sure privies were one-holers....

Pretty sure privies were one-holers....
    I have seen pictures of multi-seaters.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment