Thread: Kentucky Democrat reportedly jokes about Rand Paul assault: 'He can be beaten'

Kentucky Democrat reportedly jokes about Rand Paul assault: 'He can be beaten'

It's all just one big joke, ain't it?

Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes reportedly joked on Friday about the assault on Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., by his neighbor, saying it shows ‘he can be beaten’.

Associated Press reporter Adam Beam tweeted that Democrat Grimes made the remark at a local Fancy Farm Picnic in Kentucky on Friday, which Kentucky political candidates often use as the kickoff for election campaigns. Grimes is considering running for governor in 2019.

Adam Beam
    @adambeam
    Alison Lundergan Grimes on Rand Paul: “Just ask his neighbor. He can be beaten.”

9:46 PM - Aug 3, 2018
    191 people are talking about this

“Alison Lundergan Grimes on Rand Paul: ‘Just ask his neighbor. He can be beaten.’” Beam tweeted.

Grimes’ remark sparked a response from Paul's chief strategist Doug Stafford, who made a reference to Grimes’ failed 2014 Senate run, where she attempted to unseat Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.“That’s almost as sad and pathetic as her last campaign,” he said. “Mitch beat her so bad he almost got charged with a hate crime.”

While McConnell was planning on attending the event, Paul was not at the event, and is gearing up for a trip to Russia on Monday. A spokesman told The Washington Post that the trip is aimed at “supporting President Donald Trump engaging around the world.”

But Grimes reportedly joked that Paul is instead “looking for a campaign manager.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...be-beaten.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's all just one big joke, ain't it?

I thought it was pretty funny, but I have a warped sense of humor.

Speaking of things that are hard to beat. A boiled egg in the morning, I'd like to see Allison or Rand's neighbour beat that

I am a big sucker for well crafted puns and I think that tweet is just funny.