Thread: Kentucky Democrat reportedly jokes about Rand Paul assault: 'He can be beaten'

Kentucky Democrat reportedly jokes about Rand Paul assault: 'He can be beaten'

It's all just one big joke, ain't it?

Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes reportedly joked on Friday about the assault on Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., by his neighbor, saying it shows ‘he can be beaten’.

Associated Press reporter Adam Beam tweeted that Democrat Grimes made the remark at a local Fancy Farm Picnic in Kentucky on Friday, which Kentucky political candidates often use as the kickoff for election campaigns. Grimes is considering running for governor in 2019.

Adam Beam
    @adambeam
    Alison Lundergan Grimes on Rand Paul: “Just ask his neighbor. He can be beaten.”

9:46 PM - Aug 3, 2018
    191 people are talking about this

“Alison Lundergan Grimes on Rand Paul: ‘Just ask his neighbor. He can be beaten.’” Beam tweeted.

Grimes’ remark sparked a response from Paul's chief strategist Doug Stafford, who made a reference to Grimes’ failed 2014 Senate run, where she attempted to unseat Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.“That’s almost as sad and pathetic as her last campaign,” he said. “Mitch beat her so bad he almost got charged with a hate crime.”

While McConnell was planning on attending the event, Paul was not at the event, and is gearing up for a trip to Russia on Monday. A spokesman told The Washington Post that the trip is aimed at “supporting President Donald Trump engaging around the world.”

But Grimes reportedly joked that Paul is instead “looking for a campaign manager.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...be-beaten.html
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bill Kristol: 'We Beat Back Ron Paul and Rand Paul' - Ron Paul Institute

Jun 22, 2016 - "We beat back Ron Paul and Rand Paul," he said. Implying that they were nothing but a footnote in Republican history. Kristol said the current ...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's all just one big joke, ain't it?

I thought it was pretty funny, but I have a warped sense of humor.

Speaking of things that are hard to beat. A boiled egg in the morning, I'd like to see Allison or Rand's neighbour beat that

I am a big sucker for well crafted puns and I think that tweet is just funny.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.