Thread: Cannabis Tax

Question Cannabis Tax

I hate tax.. In concept and in practice.

That said,, it is one of the common objections to "legalization" by some..
    It is also a strong selling point for the tax siphons and the economically literate as well.

I have watched two states.. Oregon and Washington both set it up and tax it differently. Both healthy tax.
    Oregon is at 25% and Washington is a bit more..

Being a Homeless guy with limited resources,,I pay attention to prices,,as they affect me..
    I was able to be a useful human and earned a $40 trip to the store.
    I have a favorite in the area,, you will see why.

3.5 gr Kelso Kreeper "Purple Punch" (I)
    3.5 gr Hi Guys "Acapulco Gold" (S)
    1 gr Evergrow " Cherry Pie" (I)
    all nice bud, 22+%

I got $5 change back.. $35.oo for 8 gr AFTER TAX.
    (those of you who are not mathematically dyslexic will figure this out)

now there are 5 or 6 stores in the Longview/Kelso area.

Give the devil his cut and get it into the Market... I am seeing it working.

and if you are near, (honest free plug)
    420 Holiday in Longview Wa.
    https://www.allbud.com/dispensaries/...ew/420-holiday
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/420-holiday-longview
    Nice folk. and a good selection from statewide growers and producers.. Connoisseur Grade as well as workin folk prices. and always something nice for me..
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-04-2018 at 12:34 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sure
    just make the "tax" only payable in stems&seedz

you know, stuff with legitimate industrial use...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

My friend knows a guy. No tax. Excellent quality. He will deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    sure
    just make the "tax" only payable in stems&seedz

you know, stuff with legitimate industrial use...
    Anything to get stores open,,and sales legal.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My friend knows a guy. No tax. Excellent quality. He will deliver.
    Andy has deals

and that is tax included.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I could almost accept a "Leave me the phuck alone" Tax,,,, if they would actually leave me the Phuck alone.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I could almost accept a "Leave me the phuck alone" Tax,,,, if they would actually leave me the Phuck alone.
    It's not a "leave me the phuck alone" tax. It's like all the rest, a "you just got phucked" tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I hate tax.. In concept and in practice.

Give the devil his cut and get it into the Market... I am seeing it working.
    It is also a strong selling point for the tax siphons and the economically literate as well.always something nice for me..
    Can we just call them tarrifs instead of taxes, I think that will sell better politically.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's not a "leave me the phuck alone" tax. It's like all the rest, a "you just got phucked" tax.
    Mixed result so far..
    On the plus side,, several competing Legal Retail Stores nearby.
    Price after a 37% tax,, less than in Decades for better quality.. less that $5 a gram. (Though that was a budget deal shopping run)
    Reduced Fear factor due to legal issue.

Ignorant Fearmongering continues as Tax Ticks lose a source of income,, and seek ways to milk the public for "safety".

So far a net positive despite the tax,,, and I could live with it if they would quit threatening me.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom