Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Spencer Admits To Being a Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

Admittedly, I haven't delved too far into the alt-right universe, but it seems to me that there are a lot of people who associate with them that have no concern for the cause of liberty - except as it relates to themselves. In other words, they'd have the entire world enslaved if it meant they could breathe free. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I haven't seen them yet. It seems when you advocate for the liberty of all, you become a target of that particular ideology.
    Nobody legitimate associates themselves with the alt right anymore, they have all distanced themselves as far away as possible. The only ones left are feds and maybe a few stormers. It started happening right before Charlottesville, the pied pipers started trying organize and gather all of the conservative pro-Trump voices together to try and unite the right, but they started realizing that it was just a bunch of feds trying to discredit all conservatives/Trump supporters. Once they brought out the tiki torches the alt-right was officially over.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah, slightly.
    I just wish these Pied Pipers would stop leading the Alt-Blight here to help them chase off the normal people.
    All are welcome here as long as they follow forum rules. We don't need to be running off new people, instead work to sway their arguments.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Say what you want about the shortfalls of the Alt Right, but they are nearly unanimously anti-interventionist. There is a element of reciprocity preached 'to leave alone and be left alone.'
    Except you don't leave us alone. The powers that be tried to tar us with your disease ten years ago, and it didn't stick because there's nothing racist about libertarianism and there's nothing here for white nativists. But it works for the swamp to associate it with anyone who gains traction saying the government is out of control, so they keep doubling down. You back the truck up and dump that garbage all over anything associated with libertarianism.

None of the few libertarians who are still here despite the stench are surprised to discover that the Alt-Blight is following leaders who have an agenda they don't understand. Being played is all you're good for. We don't want to play you, we don't want to play with you, we don't even want to be the first to be entertained by your shock when you find out how you've been getting played. Take Tricky Dick Spencer and go away already.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    All are welcome here as long as they follow forum rules. We don't need to be running off new people, instead work to sway their arguments.
    What new members? Look around. There hasn't been a whole lot of us running them off. There has been a whole lot of them running us off. And regardless of whether they would attract people who could conceivably be useful to the libertarian movement, they haven't exactly attracted a horde of people, useful or useless.

You're arguing that we should be more welcoming to lepers. Well, we aren't even getting genuine lepers out of the deal. We just have a few trolls driving the "Normies" away from us. And it's working.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-02-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Except you don't leave us alone. The powers that be tried to tar us with your disease ten years ago, and it didn't stick because there's nothing racist about libertarianism and there's nothing here for white nativists. But it works for the swamp to associate it with anyone who gains traction saying the government is out of control, so they keep doubling down. You back the truck up and dump that garbage all over anything associated with libertarianism.

None of the few libertarians who are still here despite the stench are surprised to discover that the Alt-Blight is following leaders who have an agenda they don't understand. Being played is all you're good for. We don't want to play you, we don't want to play with you, we don't even want to be the first to be entertained by your shock when you find out how you've been getting played. Take Tricky Dick Spencer and go away already.
    We get it. You don't like Paleolibertarians. Universalists will never agree with Paleos on certain issues. There will always be friction between the Gillepsie/Tucker/Johnson types and the Hoppean/Rothbard/Rockwell side.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    I can't seriously be the only one who's noticed the alt-right is full of them. The two most prominent alt-right leaders (Spencer and Yiannopoulos) are. And have you ever noticed that the typical/stereotypical haircut for the alt-right is the same as the typical/stereotypical haircut for gays and lesbians?
    Wow, this is a really ridiculous comment.

Spencer is not gay in his public persona, people only found out because he was doing it in secret and trying to hookup with younger guys he was able to take into the movement under his wings because he is a fed trying to discredit everything on the right. Spencer is a douchebag.

Milo is no longer under the alt-right banner because the white supremacists ruined the whole label and so all the pro-Trump conservatives like Milo ditched it. Milo is openly gay, he doesn't hide it. There is really almost nothing that Milo and Spencer have in common at all.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Spencer is not gay in his public persona, people only found out because he was doing it in secret and trying to hookup with younger guys he was able to take into the movement under his wings because he is a fed trying to discredit everything on the right. Spencer is a douchebag.

Milo is no longer under the alt-right banner because the white supremacists ruined the whole label and so all the pro-Trump conservatives like Milo ditched it. Milo is openly gay, he doesn't hide it. There is really almost nothing that Milo and Spencer have in common at all.
    Oh, well. We avoided this soap opera all along, and now we're up to date on all the plot twists anyway. Now. Ask us if we care.

We get it... There will always be friction between the Gillepsie/Tucker/Johnson types and the Hoppean/Rothbard/Rockwell side.
    Yeah, you get it. Yet here you are. Why? Because you want to discredit us, and we're just politically naive enough and good-natured enough to let you.

Your purposeful applications of friction have ground this place down into a ghost town. When will enough be enough?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-02-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Oh, well. We avoided this soap opera all along, and now we're up to date on all the plot twists anyway. Now. Ask us if we care.
    Milo is a good guy, he helps out the conservative movement by going to college campuses and presenting conservative arguments, particularly against feminism, promoting free speech and helping people to think. He does more for liberty than most here ever will.

I don't give a $#@! what you care about, you seem to only be here to create drama and turn a simple statement into a 10 page argument, speaking of soap operas.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-02-2018 at 12:30 PM.

What new members? Look around. There hasn't been a whole lot of us running them off. There has been a whole lot of them running us off. And regardless of whether they would attract people who could conceivably be useful to the libertarian movement, they haven't exactly attracted a horde of people, useful or useless.

You're arguing that we should be more welcoming to lepers. Well, we aren't even getting genuine lepers out of the deal. We just have a few trolls driving the "Normies" away from us. And it's working.
    I argue that we should welcome everybody, they don't have to pass your purity test.

Yeah, you get it. Yet here you are. Why? Because you want to discredit us, and we're just politically naive enough and good-natured enough to let you.
    I don't want to discredit anyone. You are entitled to your opinion. I'll agree with you on the issues that make sense to me and differ when they don't.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-02-2018 at 12:32 PM.

I argue that we should welcome everybody, they don't have to pass your purity test.
    I'm not the only person around here with standards. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one left that has standards. I wonder if, when the last person with standards leaves, Rand Paul will be able to force Bryan to turn off the lights.

I don't want to discredit anyone.
    I honestly don't care whether it's intentional, or just comes naturally to you. You could be a troll, you could be a useful idiot. What you are not is a libertarian. What is it you claim to gain from hanging around with a bunch of people who disagree with you, if not to drive them away and discourage others from hanging around?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-02-2018 at 12:38 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nick Gillepsie is too cool for us. Cosmopolitanism is why I was attracted to this movement from the beginning (/s).

It’s ironic that some of these people start off calling themselves libertarian, but they are the antithesis of everything that the libertarian project stands for—which is cosmopolitanism versus parochialism, individualism vs. group identity, and libertarianism or autonomy versus authoritarianism,” Nick Gillespie, editor in chief of Reason.com tells me.
    The Ron Paul Revolution might not have amounted to much electorally, but it would be wrong to underestimate the impact he has had on libertarianism and the alt-right. “In a way, Ron Paul is the guy who lit the fuse,” Nick Gillespie says. “And he embodies some of those contradictions [between libertarianism and the alt-right].” Gillespie tells me that Richard Spencer came up to him at the Republican National Convention in 2016 and said that he was activated into politics because of Paul. Gillespie sees Paul’s legacy as very mixed, as someone who was “simultaneously… positing this very libertarian worldview, but then he’s also speaking to people’s fears and anxieties.” If one were looking for the missing link to explain this phenomenon, Ron Paul (and his paleolibertarian allies) would be a good place to start.

I'm not the only person around here with standards. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one left that has standards. I wonder if, when the last person with standards leaves, Rand Paul will be able to force Bryan to turn off the lights.
    You say standards, I say standard crybaby bull$#@! wanting to force out people they don't like or disagree with. Maybe we need a shadowban tool here on rpfs too.

Nick Gillepsie is too cool for us. Cosmopolitanism is why I was attracted to this movement from the beginning (/s).
    No, you're too totalitarian for Nick Gillespie. And every other libertarian who ever lived. And the fact that your false prophet Tricky Dick Spencer admits that Ron Paul is the reason he does what he does should be all the proof any of us need that he is a plant intentionally trying to discredit us by associating us with the likes of you.

You say standards, I say standard crybaby bull$#@! wanting to force out people they don't like or disagree with. Maybe we need a shadowban tool here on rpfs too.
    Oh, there has been plenty of that. There has been no shortage of people trying to make this place purely partisan since the last set of primaries. Anyone who has even suggested that we make overtures to moderates has been labeled a "Demoncrat" and screeched at. And it has driven people off, and is still doing so. 143 members logged in in the last 24 hours. Is it obvious yet, or do you need to buy another vowel?

I have never once gone off on someone here for being unlikeable or saying something I disagree with. I go off on those who try to drive people away, either overtly or by trying to misrepresent us as something we are not, and something which most people consider deplorable. And you aren't going to convince me to stop.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-02-2018 at 12:53 PM.

No, you're too totalitarian for Nick Gillespie. And every other libertarian who ever lived. And the fact that your false prophet Tricky Dick Spencer admits that Ron Paul is the reason he does what he does should be all the proof any of us need that he is a plant intentionally trying to discredit us by associating us with the likes of you.
    Not Murray or Hans though.

In regard to Spencer's bizarre ideological journey, I don't know where he took a wrong turn, unless he's COINTELPRO.

I don't hate all the jews. I hate the behavior of the ones making the oppressive policies that have destroyed the country. Look at Paul Warburg as well as a long line of Federal Reserve Chairmen from the tribe. It gets a bit redundant? No.

We also have the extremely Jewish SPLC breathing down our neck and promoting falsehoods on a daily basis. And let's not even get started with AIPAC, which is a natural enemy opposed to the goals of this site.
    The problem is you say "Jews" where you appear to mean "Communists".

And that would lead any reasonable person to presume that your problem is with Jews and not with Communists.

If we're playing the ethnic vote game, Jews by percentage aren't the worst when it comes to voting in Communists nor are they in second place; by absolute count they are not in the top five.

Just say "Communists" and your problem is solved, and you won't look like a raging Jew-hater to reasonable people.

As far as the prevalence of Jews in high-level positions, that applies across the board to both good and bad actors, and is a function of the IQ bell curve. Of course people who average a standard deviation higher IQ are going to disproportionately rise to the top of any social structure.

In regard to Spencer's bizarre ideological journey, I don't know where he took a wrong turn, unless he's COINTELPRO.
    Well that took long enough. I guess it wasn't too adult a puzzle for you after all.

When are you going to figure out that you are too--whether intentionally or inadvertently?

Well that took long enough. I guess it wasn't too adult a puzzle for you after all.

When are you going to figure out that you are too--whether intentionally or inadvertently?
    Someone who looks for trouble isn't that hard to figure out. He was searching for fame.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

So the alt-right lable became anathema and the people with that ideology have had to use a new one in order to be listened to? So what? The same thing has been happening forever. F. Roosevelt and his supporters explicitly called themselves fascists (using that word) until that banner became associated with Hitler, then they had to change names. Communism was still a popular banner for many until cold war, McCarthyism, and finally the fall of the USSR, now few would ascribe to the banner ( while still cool with the ten planks). Socialism as a banner is gauche for a large majority in America, while (probably more than) half the people support Democrats/neocons. Central planners have been changing lables like a fugitive changing coats for longer than either of us has lived; it's ideology that matters.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Alt Right was basically a conglomerate of those who didn't identify with the hollowed out and diluted Republican brand. That's why it's all over the map from Neoreactionary to Libertarian.

"Anyone who disagrees with acptulsa is a NAZI and should be banned."
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Anyone who disagrees with acptulsa is a NAZI and should be banned."
    Tulsa is entitled to his opinion, but he's far too concerned with what the tyrants think. Even his brand of libertarianism is considered far too extreme for the central planning class.

Tulsa is entitled to his opinion, but he's far too concerned with what the tyrants think. Even his brand of libertarianism is considered far too extreme for the central planning class.
    Tulsa and his gang want to claim that anyone who wants a border and controlled immigration is a NAZI, they are either the shills trying to sow dissension or they are useful idiots, the establishment's favorite attack on Dr. Ron was to call him a racist so it is understandable that the site is quick to ban people who push white nationalism but that isn't good enough for Tulsa & Co., only strict globalist cultural relativism will suffice, if they are useful idiots instead of saboteurs then they are their own worst enemies because by screaming "RACIST" at anyone who wants to protect liberty from being drowned under a flood of foreigners who are hostile to it they create "evidence" that Paulibertarianism is filled with "racists", after all the members accuse eachother of it constantly.

They are as bad as sincere Demoncrats that scream about Russia trying to divide the country and cause chaos while dividing the country and causing chaos.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    So the alt-right lable became anathema and the people with that ideology have had to use a new one in order to be listened to? So what? The same thing has been happening forever. F. Roosevelt and his supporters explicitly called themselves fascists (using that word) until that banner became associated with Hitler, then they had to change names. Communism was still a popular banner for many until cold war, McCarthyism, and finally the fall of the USSR, now few would ascribe to the banner ( while still cool with the ten planks). Socialism as a banner is gauche for a large majority in America, while (probably more than) half the people support Democrats/neocons. Central planners have been changing lables like a fugitive changing coats for longer than either of us has lived; it's ideology that matters.
    No, that's not what happened at all, what happened was the white supremacists who are mostly made up of feds and the rest of whom followed and admired Trump supporters who were finally standing up against ridiculous progressive indoctrination and PC culture, sticking up for white males for once, decided there was room for them to become more closely associated with the movement and everybody else slowly backed away.

In other words, the alt-right was fighting against this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-old-white-men

And the white supremacists came in and thought they were welcome to do precisely what that asian bitch in that thread ^ is doing to other races.

In other words, I'm not racist, Milo isn't racist, Molyneux isn't racist, Cernovich isn't racist, Trump isn't racist - the original alt-right was not racist - the left is racist.. and the new alt-right, ever since Charlottesville, is just made up of white racist leftists.

And even though I named those names above, even the original alt-right of all those names only Milo was really associated with them, possibly.. The rest were sorta on the sidelines agreeing with a lot of what they were doing, reporting on them trying to figure out exactly what they were doing and where the movement was going. That's probably one reason it got hijacked, it was very narrow in scope and a lot of people were worried about being associated with this new political movement. Which is a shame because the purpose of the alt-right, I thought, was simply to be on the right but against the mainstream establishment. And that is kinda what it was, and I wish it still existed as that. It just morphed because it had no real leaders and Trump supporters let it happen.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-02-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Tulsa knows the difference between a site which is useful to a political movement and a site which is a glaring liability to a political movement.

You people are spreading poison here. And you know it's poison. You just don't care, because it's not your movement, and it has nothing to offer you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tulsa knows the difference between a site which is useful to a political movement and a site which is a glaring liability to a political movement.
    LOL

You people are spreading poison here. And you know it's poison. You just don't care, because it's not your movement, and it has nothing to offer you.
    Open borders is poison.

P.S. When are you going to put one of the times I have said Trump is wrong in your signature?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Libertarianism has much to offer the GOP, but nothing for you people. You want to own the GOP, and our crossover appeal, and the GOP primary voters we attract, may be good for the party, but are terrible for you. We attract normal people to the GOP, or as you derisively refer to them, 'normies'.

Fortunately for you, you can easily rid libertarian spaces like this site of people. All you have to do is show up and talk about stuff you talk about and blow your dog whistles at each other. You are so universally reviled nobody even wants to be associated with you. It's like a restaurant owner swearing off bathing and eating at the competition's place every day.

Richard Spencer is a cancer on his own movement, as are most other ethno-interest group leaders. It's really amazing just how bad he is at leadership, politics, and PR and how he's managed to squander just about every single ounce of cachet the so-called "alt-right" may have once had. People who still hold to alt-right ideologies should hate this guy more than any antifa member.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Turns out that the Nazis are Nazis. Who knew?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast