Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Richard Spencer Admits To Being a Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Libertarianism has much to offer the GOP, but nothing for you people. You want to own the GOP, and our crossover appeal, and the GOP primary voters we attract, may be good for the party, but are terrible for you. We attract normal people to the GOP, or as you derisively refer to them, 'normies'.

Fortunately for you, you can easily rid libertarian spaces like this site of people. All you have to do is show up and talk about stuff you talk about and blow your dog whistles at each other. You are so universally reviled nobody even wants to be associated with you. It's like a restaurant owner swearing off bathing and eating at the competition's place every day.
    Actually normal people agree with us about controlling the border and limiting immigration.

You drive away normal people by lumping them in with the alt-right and Neo-Nazis like you are doing to us here, there are significant differences between the controlled immigration members of this site but you just scream "NAZI" at all of us.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Richard Spencer is a cancer on his own movement, as are most other ethno-interest group leaders. It's really amazing just how bad he is at leadership, politics, and PR and how he's managed to squander just about every single ounce of cachet the so-called "alt-right" may have once had. People who still hold to alt-right ideologies should hate this guy more than any antifa member.
    I believe he is doing it on purpose, it is one of two classic controlled opposition tactics to undermine the movement you gain control of, the other is to lead them to mediocrity and ineffectual "centrism".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I believe he is doing it on purpose, it is one of two classic controlled opposition tactics to undermine the movement you gain control of, the other is to lead them to mediocrity and ineffectual "centrism".
    I don't agree with that. I think he's just a self-serving guy who wants to be seen as some amazing leader "awakening the race". I know some people say he's a fed, but he's been in the movement far too long for it to be a viable explanation. Everything he does is consistent with a guy trying to show leadership of a political movement, but being totally unable to do so due to his own inadequacies.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I know some people say he's a fed, but he's been in the movement far too long for it to be a viable explanation.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't agree with that. I think he's just a self-serving guy who wants to be seen as some amazing leader "awakening the race". I know some people say he's a fed, but he's been in the movement far too long for it to be a viable explanation. Everything he does is consistent with a guy trying to show leadership of a political movement, but being totally unable to do so due to his own inadequacies.
    The controlled opposition projects against any alternatives to the Republican party are much older than he is.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You people are bigger snowflakes than any prog. You come here where nobody has anything in common with you--and I mean nothing, as libertarians are not only small government people, but we are individualists, not collectivists, while all of you are all about the Great Racia--er, I mean Cultural Collectives--and immediately set about alienating everyone you can. And when you get called on it, you turn into this guy:

Help! I'm being repressed! Muh free speech!

You have the whole internet to be all eighteenth century and intolerant and collectivist, yet here you are. And you all know you're divisive and pure poison. So, clearly it's only because you're not interested in a movement with something to offer every individual. You want the GOP divided in hope that you can send a message by getting a panderer who will promise you something you'll never actually get, like a goofy, godawful expensive Wall. Ooooh!

Well, gee.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

You people are bigger snowflakes than any prog. You come here where nobody has anything in common with you--and I mean nothing, as libertarians are not only small government people, but we are individualists, not collectivists, while all of you are all about the Great Racia--er, I mean Cultural Collectives--and immediately set about alienating everyone you can. And when you get called on it, you turn into this guy:

You have the whole internet to be all eighteenth century and intolerant and collectivist, yet here you are. And you all know you're divisive and pure poison. So, clearly it's only because you're not interested in a movement with something to offer every individual. You want the GOP divided in hope that you can send a message by getting a panderer who will promise you something you'll never actually get, like a goofy, godawful expensive Wall. Ooooh!

Well, gee.
    Revisit this thread in a decade when the corporate prog alliance run roughshod over you. Your principles will be trampled into dust and your children shall be sold into bondage. The common libertarian is ill equipped to combat the enemy in it's current state, since you are blinded by your perception of human nature.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Well, gee.
    Again with the collectivist propaganda lumping all controlled immigration members together and accusing us all of being racists.

This is RON PAUL FORUMS. (He too was accused of being racist by people like YOU)

"Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 08-06-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Revisit this thread in a decade when the corporate prog alliance run roughshod over you. Your principles will be trampled into dust and your children shall be sold into bondage. The common libertarian is ill equipped to combat the enemy in it's current state.
    "TRUE" Libertarians (as they anoint themselves) can't defend against threats to liberty that come from people who act as groups because they refuse to accept that individuals do choose to act as members of groups.

It would be like an 18th century army dropped into WWII and trying to defend against paratroops while denying the existence of human flight.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"TRUE" Libertarians (as they anoint themselves) can't defend against threats to liberty that come from people who act as groups because they refuse to accept that individuals do choose to act as members of groups.

It would be like an 18th century army dropped into WWII and trying to defend against paratroops while denying the existence of human flight.
    You just described the utopians on the right, who blindly believe that freedom will liberate man from his internal flaws. Sorry, but most humans despise freedom when they discover what it entails. That's why freedom loving societies typically wither when their populations radically increase and introduce other cultural elements into the mix.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2018 at 08:02 PM.

You just described the utopians on the right, who blindly believe that freedom will liberate man from his internal flaws. Sorry, but most humans despise freedom when they discover what it entails.
    Responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Responsibility?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In my heart, I am an Ancap, but my mind lends itself to nationalism as a last ditch measure to prevent the unthinkable.

I can successfully sell nationalism imbued with a hidden freedom core to the sheep, but I can't sell them naked liberty or freedom.

Number #1 Rule. Know your audience.
    Number #2 Rule. Be two steps ahead of your enemy
    Number #3 Rule. Don't allow your enemy to use your principles against you in an offensive manner.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.

In my heart, I am an Ancap, but my mind lends itself to nationalism as a last ditch measure to prevent the unthinkable.

I can successfully sell nationalism imbued with a hidden freedom core to the sheep, but I can't sell them naked liberty or freedom.

Number #3 Rule. Don't allow your enemy to use your principles against you in an offensive manner.
    "We just have to make a giant government to squelch freedom long enough to get to freedom." - every communist ever
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    "We just have to make a giant government to squelch freedom long enough to get to freedom." - every communist ever
    Which is not what he or any minarchist said

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Which is not what he or any minarchist said

Yes, yes he did.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Yes, yes he did.
    Nope, those statements do not mean "We just have to make a giant government to squelch freedom long enough to get to freedom."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Again with the collectivist propaganda lumping all controlled immigration members together and accusing us all of being racists.

This is RON PAUL FORUMS. (He too was accused of being racist by people like YOU)

"Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    RON PAUL:

Much of the most recent immigration problem of the 2000s was actually created by the federal government. The easy money policy of the Federal Reserve blew up the housing bubble and created enormous demand for labor. This artificial demand was filled largely by workers who crossed into the US illegally. Within a year of the housing market crash in 2008, an estimated one million illegal workers left the United States for Mexico and beyond. Net illegal immigration into the United States last year had fallen to zero.

As I noted in my most recent book, , much of our immigration problems would be eliminated were the federal government to simply return to sound money practices and end the welfare incentive for individuals to come to the US illegally. Afterward, what remains of the problem would mostly be solved with a far more generous and flexible guest worker program. Whatever the case, turning the US into a police state in order to fight a hyped up illegal immigration "crisis" is a bad deal for us all.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    RON PAUL:
    So?
    He does not call for an end to limits on immigration or all attempts to enforce immigration law.

Tulsa calls anyone who wants limits on immigration a NAZI, are you going to join him in doing so?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So?
    He does not call for an end to limits on immigration or all attempts to enforce immigration law.

Tulsa calls anyone who wants limits on immigration a NAZI, are you going to join him in doing so?
    Quote or it didn't happen.
    Amash>Trump

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could Zippy be responsible? What if the mods were not so accommodating?

You people are bigger snowflakes than any prog. You come here where nobody has anything in common with you--and I mean nothing, as libertarians are not only small government people, but we are individualists, not collectivists, while all of you are all about the Great Racia--er, I mean Cultural Collectives--and immediately set about alienating everyone you can.
    what a bunch of horse$#@!, this site in its heyday was filled with people from all kinds of ideologies and viewpoints. hell there were a lot of liberals even. But also lots of Buchanan and JBS type conservatives, and other "nationalists". This site was never exclusively "libertarian" in anything other than a vague very broad interpretation.

Quote or it didn't happen.
    Originally Posted by acptulsa

You people are bigger snowflakes than any prog. You come here where nobody has anything in common with you--and I mean nothing, as libertarians are not only small government people, but we are individualists, not collectivists, while all of you are all about the Great Racia--er, I mean Cultural Collectives--and immediately set about alienating everyone you can.
    Anyone and everyone who disagrees with him is a "RACIST".

That is just the most recent, I could dig up more but it isn't worth it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nope, those statements do not mean "We just have to make a giant government to squelch freedom long enough to get to freedom."
    I want to create a large enough escape plan to salvage what was entrusted to us. That doesn't include big government and all it's trappings. If there are enough freedom oriented people together with the tricked nationalists, we can avoid the 1984 scenario that's coming.

Face it. If we were to adopt the long-held tactics of the libertarian party, the entire US will resemble that of California in a relatively short time frame. There will be no middle class, only polar opposites at the respective ends of the socioeconomic spectrum. A cradle to the grave nightmare of urban plight predicated on suffocating regulatory control. That's the dismal future which the Reason crowd is unknowingly rushing towards.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2018 at 09:17 PM.

So?

Anyone and everyone who disagrees with him is a "RACIST".

That is just the most recent, I could dig up more but it isn't worth it.
    Those are two completely different claims. No moving the goalposts. When did he call anyone a Nazi for wanting limits on immigration?
    Amash>Trump

Those are two completely different claims. No moving the goalposts. When did he call anyone a Nazi for wanting limits on immigration?

Another site member kindly dug this one up for me:

And that word is Appeaser. Sure, it doesn't sound like much to modern American ears. But those who were in France 75 years ago understand what a Vichy piece of dirt you are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The controlled opposition projects against any alternatives to the Republican party are much older than he is.
    Sure, but I don't think Spencer is part of it. Kessler is a different story. He might very well be a Fed or on the payroll.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rothbard and Hoppe were/are not libertarians! It has been decreed!

Another site member kindly dug this one up for me:
    Let's try this again: When did Tulsa call anyone a Nazi, racist, liberal, monkey, kind of ugly, not good at math, or any other name for wanting limits on immigration?
    Amash>Trump

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast