Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Africa to finalize plans to seize white farmers land

Exclamation South Africa to finalize plans to seize white farmers land

Remember how trendy and cool and hip the "End Apartheid" movement was back in the 1980s.

Yeah, I remember as well.

If I can find a fund to donate to in order to assist the repatriation of displaced whites out of SA, I will post it, and donate to it.

I realize it's too much to ask that we offer asylum like Russia and Australia and New Zealand are.

Whites are being set up for a genocide in SA...any white person that stays in SA past this date is insane, and deserves their fate.

South Africa to change constitution to legalize taking away white farmers' land

https://www.rt.com/news/434784-south...expropriation/

Published time: 1 Aug, 2018 04:40

Edited time: 1 Aug, 2018 09:35

South Africa to change constitution to legalize taking away white farmers' land

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has said the ruling African National Congress must initiate a parliamentary process to enshrine in the constitution a proposed amendment, paving the way for land grabs without compensation.

Ramaphosa, who vowed to return the lands owned by the white farmers since the 1600s to the country's black population after he assumed office in February this year, said on Tuesday that the ANC would introduce a constitutional amendment in parliament.

"The ANC will through the parliamentary process finalize the proposed amendment to the constitution that outlines more clearly the conditions under which expropriation of land without compensation can be effected," Ramaphosa, a prominent trade union leader and a close associate of Nelson Mandela, said in a televised address on Tuesday.

The millionaire ex-businessman argued that "it has become pertinently clear that our people want the constitution to be more explicit" about the proposal, which is viewed by the South African white minority as forceful expulsion that can incite violence against farmers.

There have been growing fears that the planned expropriation will deal a blow to commercial farming in the country and might put it on the verge of a food production crisis, like the one that struck Zimbabwe when it unleashed a similar crackdown on white farmers in 1999-2000.

Promoting his plan to boost land redistribution in March, Ramaphosa sought to assure white citizens, who constitute roughly nine percent of the total population, that the government would handle the controversial matter through "dialog, discussion, engagement, until we find good solutions that take our country forward."

"There is no reason for anyone of us to panic and start beating war drums," he said at the time, noting that nothing should prevent farming activities from continuing as normal.

However, many of the Boers, descendants of Dutch settlers in South Africa, do not take the government's promises at face value, instead seeking asylum abroad from what they say is a surge in violence and government-fueled hostility against them.

Last month, a call from Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton to provide emergency visas for South Africa's white farmers, who are reportedly facing persecution at home, sparked a diplomatic scandal, with the head of the South African opposition labeling Australia "a racist country" for granting refuge to white farmers both in the Mandela era and now.

Boers have also appealed to Russia, seeking to resettle farmers who no longer feel at home in South Africa. A delegation consisting of some 30 South African farming families arrived in Russia's farm belt Stavropol Region last month, asking the local authorities to consider resettling up to 15,000 Boers.

Moving "is a matter of life and death" for them the head of the delegation told the media.

The region's Deputy Commissioner for Human Rights Vladimir Poluboyarenko told RT earlier there is a plan in place to resettle up to 50 Boer families and potentially some 500, who would arrive to Stavropol with their own cattle.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been there a long time ago. Somehow I think it didn't get much better since I was there... I have to say, I'm white and Dutch, I can understand Afrikaans but I do not speak it. When I was there I didn't notice anyone there having a problem with white people. Or white people having a problem with black people... But I guess that sort of stuff becomes clearer when you live somewhere for a while.

Still one of the most beautiful countries on earth!
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If I can find a fund to donate to in order to assist the repatriation of displaced whites out of SA, I will post it, and donate to it.
    I'm not sure there is a fund for that, but there is a fund to send aid to them in the form of preps and firearms. It seems a great many are ready to fight.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 08-01-2018 at 01:17 PM.

I realize it's too much to ask that we offer asylum like Russia and Australia and New Zealand are.
    We can smuggle them in and then once they are here they can apply for asylum to keep from being deported.

Whites are being set up for a genocide in SA...any white person that stays in SA past this date is insane, and deserves their fate.
    I think I saw somewhere that it ends up costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars to move anywhere, a lot of them are stuck.

Pretty sure it was this Farmlands doc by Lauren Southern..

Farmlands (2018) South African Farm Murders Doc by Lauren Southern

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...auren-Southern
    Last edited by dannno; 08-01-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm not sure there is a fund for that, but there is a fund to send aid to them in the form of preps and firearms. It seems a great many are ready to fight.
    When war breaks out the UN and all the usual suspects will side with the SA government, let's hope Trump or someone better is in charge to keep us out of it and recognize an independent Boer Republic.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Pehaps the Boers will have a few native allies in the coming war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) has targeted 139 farms that they plan to expropriate without compensation in the coming weeks, in line with section 25 of the country's Constitution, according to the website News 24.
    It cited Zizi Kodwa, a member of the ANC's national executive committee (NEC), as saying that the move should be "appreciated" by domestic and international investors, given that "long-term investment is tied [to] ownership of land by the majority of people."

More at: https://sputniknews.com/africa/20180...&utm_content=1

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A tweet on the ANC’s parliamentary Twitter account shocked many on Thursday when it appeared to call all white people murderers.

The tweet, which has subsequently been deleted, read:The biggest mistake we are making is to consult murderers. White people are 9% of the population, they own 79% of land. They never came and consulted us for the land. If they want us to forgive them now, then let us share the land, the mineral resources.”
    Thanks again for confirming everybodies suspicion. Please see below, and please explain to me how this does not look like your views. pic.twitter.com/LGRj5MBCBe
    — Geoffness (@TheGeoffness) August 2, 2018
    It was not in quotation marks, so when it was read out of context it came as a bombshell to many, who assumed that this was the view of the ANC itself.
    The party then told its critics that it had merely been quoting the remarks of one of the members of the public who had come to parliament’s constitutional review committee’s public hearing on the review of section 25 of the constitution that was being held in the town of Beaufort West in the Western Cape.
    The tweet is a contribution/remark made by a member of the public. All tweets are a thread from the contributions made by the public, they are not the views of the ANC.
    — ANC Parliament (@ANCParliament) August 2, 2018
    However, this didn’t sit well with critics, who pointed out that the party should have made that clearer, by at the very least putting the statement in quotation marks.
    Subsequent to the criticism, that was what the account began to do, in an attempt to make it clearer that it was not necessarily expressing the views of the ANC itself.
    Nevertheless, this still didn’t well with some. A legal expert, Helene Eloff, also weighed in to make it clear that the ANC had blundered and could be held liable for the view expressed, since a disclaimer can’t be applied retrospectively.
    Racist bigoted scum you are.
    — Richard Spoor (@Richard_Spoor) August 2, 2018
    A sly cop-out @JodiSAnne
    — gumede783 (@gumede783) August 2, 2018
    Even if it was genuinely someone else’s tweet which was not the way it tweeted at all! Why on earth would the ANC be so blatantly irresponsible by sharing such racially divisive hatred on a public domain in their @ANCParliament name?
    — JodiAnne (@JodiSAnne) August 2, 2018
    Tweeting 101: if it's not a retweet, or in quotes, or directly attributed to a third party, it's YOUR tweet.
    — Peter Terry (@PeterTerry3) August 2, 2018
    Under South African law, the sharer of the Tweet is considered as liable as the creator. So that disclaimer does not help much…
    — Helene Eloff (@HeleneEloff) August 3, 2018
    ALso, the disclaimer cannot be valid retroactively. If the ANC did not agree with it, they should have stated accordingly from the get go.
    — Helene Eloff (@HeleneEloff) August 3, 2018
    Unacceptable. You can't backtrack now and pretend you didn't didn't say it. According to SA law if you tweet it you said it. Too late buddy.
    — collyblom (@collyblom) August 2, 2018
    How can anyone be this bad at social media? pic.twitter.com/wsylACQNlF
    — Rob AF. (@RobForbesDJ) August 2, 2018
    So would you also uncritically tweet someone calling black people the "k" word without quotation signs or attribution? This was either a really bad slip-up, or you are revealing more of your biases than you intended. Deeply worrying either way.
    — John Endres (@senderman) August 2, 2018
    You tweeted racial hatred. Own your actions. Tsk!
    — A Leonard (@AnneLeonardPta) August 3, 2018
    The ANC in the Western Cape on Saturday congratulated the joint constitutional review committee for successfully conducting public hearings into whether the constitution should be amended to allow for expropriation of land without compensation.
    The committee had held public meetings across the Western Cape in the past week, and on Saturday finished the public consultation process with a public meeting in Goodwood in Cape Town.
    In a statement, the party said:
    “The people of the Western Cape have spoken. From Oudtshoorn to Beaufort West, Citrusdal to Swellendam, and finally, the Cape Metro, our people have unequivocally and overwhelmingly said section 25 of the constitution must be amended in order to fulfil the broad and fair land ownership across the province.
    “The ANC is proud of its members who came out in numbers and made solid contributions in the public hearings. Our members and supporters are saying land reform through the amendment of section 25 will open the province’s productive forces and, contrary to popular belief, will actually increase agricultural productivity and be the catalyst for the broad industrialisation of our country as millions get absorbed into mainstream economy.
    “Our people are saying land is the basis for all economic activity and exclusion of the majority of citizens from land ownership prevents them from full participation in the economy. There is a clear message that land expropriation will have a positive impact also on social challenges as people are freed from burden of landlessness and lack of assets.”
    The statement added:
    “Our people believe that instead of affecting food security, land expropriation will actually expand it. Instead of causing social and economic upheaval, new economic players will emerge, and our economy may experience a leap forward.”
    The party said that contrary to the fears of some, including right-wing organisations, the ANC had made it clear throughout the process, and in its National and Provincial Land Summits, that “not only are we concerned about food productivity, we seek maximisation of all agricultural land, so instead of removing some productive forces from the system, more will be added”.
    Parliament’s joint constitutional review committee on Saturday concluded the provincial public hearings into section 25 of the Constitution in the Cape Metropolitan Area with one of the biggest gatherings to date.
    The committee, which held a total 34 hearings in all nine provinces of South Africa, was instructed by the National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces to ascertain whether a review of this section and other clauses were necessary, to make it possible for the state to expropriate land in the public interest without compensation. It was also asked to propose the necessary constitutional amendments where necessary.
    Hundreds of members of the public attended Saturday’s hearings at the Friend of God Church in Goodwood. The church has a capacity of 1,500. Long queues were still seen outside during the hearing and, as people finished submissions, they made space for others to come into the venue.
    Co-chairperson of the committee Vincent Smith said that following the hearings, the committee would assess the hundreds of thousands of written submissions it received after which it will invite those submitters, who indicated that they wanted to make oral presentations, to hearings at parliament.
    Once the process had been concluded, the multiparty committee would deliberate extensively on this matter before it reported to both houses of Parliament.
    The ruling ANC this week announced that it was going ahead with its intention to review the contentious section.
    In a late address on Tuesday, ANC leader and SA President Cyril Ramaphosa said his party will, through the “parliamentary process, finalise a proposed amendment to the Constitution that outlines more clearly the conditions under which expropriation of land without compensation can be effected”.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ople-murderers

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

South Africa’s agricultural sector has been steadily in decline. Farms used to provide millions of jobs. Now they offer less than a million. Wheat planting has fallen to a third. Cotton to a tenth. A country that once exported wheat, is now importing millions of tons while its agriculture sector fails.

The decline of South Africa’s agriculture has gone hand in hand with what it euphemistically calls its land reforms. White farmers have been murdered or driven off their land. But land seizures, legal and illegal, with compensation or with a hatchet, haven’t made South African agriculture more productive.
    Instead South Africa is becoming increasingly dependent on agricultural imports to feed its people.
    Like Zimbabwe, South Africa is due to revisit the same implacable economic consequences of land seizures that took the Soviet Union down the road to famine and terror. Toward its end, the USSR, despite possessing territories that had once bulged with rich harvests, had gone deep into debt to buy food from the United States. The African National Congress’ Communist roots are taking South Africa down the same path as its fallen Communist masters. And with the same miserable results.
    Comrade Ramaphosa, as Comrade Mandela liked to call him, is less of a strongman, than a weak man. More afraid of thugs like Julius Malema and the greed of his ANC comrades than of dooming his people to hunger. The ANC is populated with thugs who are impatiently waiting to loot South Africa’s corpse. And they’ve grown tired of pretending that they are anything more than a failed state’s Marxist mob.
    The constitutional gambit is a desperate attempt to legitimize racist mob violence and ANC corruption. It takes the constant assaults on white farmers and tries to disguise lawlessness under the color of law.
    1 white farmer in South Africa has been murdered every 5 days. This ethnic cleansing has been going on with the same regular clockwork as the tributes to Nelson Mandela and his even more murderous wife. The racist violence, the murders, rapes and land seizures, the chants of, “Shoot the Boer” are backed by lies about a shadow white majority somehow still ruling South Africa even after all the years of ANC rule.
    The media frequently repeats fake news statistics which claim that white farmers own 70% or more of the country’s farmland. The actual number is less than a quarter. Some of the best land in South Africa is already in black hands. And, just as in Zimbabwe, it hasn’t remedied the agricultural or social problems.
    South Africa’s agricultural sector is already on its deathbed. Its corrupt economy is incapable of competing on the world stage. Its exports are not at issue, its ability to feed its own people is.

More at: https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/270...iel-greenfield

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And so it begins...and how it will be here, when the Bolsheviks finally get around to it.

Nice, calm and legalistic...all by the book...unless you push back.

Dispute after state authorised expropriation of farm

https://www.news24.com/southafrica/n...18?mobile=true

2018-08-19 06:01
    Johan Eybers

Government has begun unilaterally expropriating farms against which land claims have been lodged and where price negotiations with owners have stalled.

Two game farms in Limpopo appear to be the first properties that will be expropriated without following a court process. The owners, who dispute the validity of the land claims lodged against their property, want R200m for the land, while government has offered them R20m.

A letter written to Akkerland Boerdery, owners of a luxury hunting farm in Makhado in Limpopo, read in part: “Notice is hereby given that a terrain inspection will be held on the farms on April 5 2018 at 10am in order to conduct an audit of the assets and a handover of the farm’s keys to the state.”

Mashile Mokono, head of the land reform office in the ministry of rural development and land reform, told City Press’ sister newspaper, Rapport, that the minister was committed to speeding up land reform.

Mokono said that just this past week, Land Reform Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane signed another two final orders for expropriation in terms of section 42E of the Restitution of Land Rights Act, where negotiations have become deadlocked.

While government is willing to pay for the land, the Akkerland case comes as the ANC’s top structures have decided over the past weeks that government must urgently proceed with test cases in order to test the concept of expropriation without compensation.

You know with all the legitimate protests on here about government seizing the land of private individuals, one is left to wonder how so few white people came to own so much of the land in the first place. I mean, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the centuries of invasion, domination, rape, and murder perpetuated by foriegn invaders through overwhelming military violence. Never that.

None of this will end well. None of it will be just or respect the rights of individuals. But then again this is what nationalism gets you. When you insist on have a violent monopoly through which to compel others to submit or die, this is inevitable. Live by the State, die by the State.

Too bad America doesn't have a free market immigration policy so those affected could come here if they wished. But, you know, "BUILD THE WALL!" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    You know with all the legitimate protests on here about government seizing the land of private individuals, one is left to wonder how so few white people came to own so much of the land in the first place. I mean, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the centuries of invasion, domination, rape, and murder perpetuated by foriegn invaders through overwhelming military violence. Never that.
    The short answer: the land was fallow, empty, worthless and uninhabited.

None of this will end well. None of it will be just or respect the rights of individuals. But then again this is what nationalism gets you. When you insist on have a violent monopoly through which to compel others to submit or die, this is inevitable. Live by the State, die by the State.
    When a mob of machete wielding genocidal maniacs show up at your front gate, in what way would you convince them to respect your rights as an individual?

Too bad America doesn't have a free market immigration policy so those affected could come here if they wished. But, you know, "BUILD THE WALL!" and all that.
    Oh that's rich.

Like you'd welcome a bunch of racists with open arms.

ETA: So for every one displaced Boer that is taken in, there would be 1000 taken in that are in favor of these seizures.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat...until all the notions of individual liberty and private property and limited government are as dead as the people that thought the ideas up.

Yeah, brilliant $#@!ing plan...let's do that.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-20-2018 at 04:36 PM.

LOL, this is a really uninformed post. Try watching the documentary Farmlands posted above.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's an anti-liberty position that groups should be punished for any perceived injustices of the past. If person A stole land from person B then it would be just to return the land to person B. If person A's great, great grandfather stole the land from person B's great, great grandfather, it's wrong to give it to person B. That would be theft.

You know with all the legitimate protests on here about government seizing the land of private individuals, one is left to wonder how so few white people came to own so much of the land in the first place.
    But then again this is what nationalism gets you.
    Why are you contradicting yourself? You do realize how these two statements conflict with themselves, right?

Some places it did and some places it didn't, that all happened (where it did happen) centuries ago, what does that have to do with NOW?

In the first place nationalism doesn't have to be the way you describe it and in the second the state is unavoidable because corrupt men will create one if honest men do not.

There are far more barbarians who would come here and do to us what is happening to the Boers than there are reasonably civilized people, we could allow the Boers to come here and not the barbarians because we have controlled immigration but we may not want the Boers here if they are as terrible as you claim them to be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

SOUTH Africa’s proposed new policy of seizing privately-owned land without compensation could torpedo the country’s economy if farmers stop investing and paying off debts, the state-owned Land Bank has warned.

Bosses said the government's new decree on land reform could trigger defaults that would cost the economy £2.2bn if the bank’s rights as a creditor are not protected.
    Land Bank is an agricultural bank guided by a government mandate to provide financial services to the commercial farming sector and agri-business.
    South African President Cyril Ramaphosa announced this month his government will enforce a change in the constitution to allow the expropriation of land without compensation.
    A record number of white South African farmers have put their land up for sale amid fears the ruling party is considering confiscating properties bigger than 25,000 acres.

Land Bank chairman Arthur Moloto said expropriation without compensation would immediately cost the bank £480m.
    He said: “A cross default clause would be triggered should we fail to pay when these debts fall due because of inadequate liquidity or lack of alternative sources of funding.

“This would make our entire funding portfolio due and payable immediately, which we would not be able to settle.
    “Consequently, government intervention would be required to settle our lenders.”
    Mr Moloto said a badly-run land reform program would hurt his bank’s capital.
    He said: “A poorly executed expropriation without compensation could result in the main sources of funding drying up as investors might not be willing to continue funding Land Bank in particular, or agriculture in general.”

More at: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...tion-cyril-ram

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They shouldn't be allowed to come here?

Why?

As South African President Ramaphosa's 'land reform' plans begin to confiscate white farmer-owned lands with no compensation, the rhetoric on both sides of the policy are beginning to signal little hope of avoiding direct inter-racial conflict, or another civil war.

Ramaphosa insists:
    This is no land grab. Nor is it an assault on the private ownership of property... Land reform in South Africa is a moral, social and economic imperative.
    “By bringing more land into productive use, by giving more South Africans assets and opportunities, the country is creating conditions for greater, more inclusive and more meaningful growth”
    But a number of black South Africans appear to see things a little differently to their president: “Let us kill the white man, the white man must die”
    “Let us kill the white man, the white man must die” #SouthAfricanfarmers pic.twitter.com/mDnduvCoyH
    — Imam of Peace (@Imamofpeace) August 26, 2018
    Echoing Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema says they're prepared to die if it means South Africa will achieve land expropriation without compensation.

In June, Simon Black warned that Malema, the so-called 'Hitler of South Africa', was busy telling white people in his country that he’s not going wage genocide against them. Yet.
    But now, as EWN reports, the party has claimed that it's aware of white extremists who are opposed to the policy and are training as snipers in Pretoria to kill them.

Malema was addressing the media on Thursday at the party's headquarters in Braamfontein.
    “They will kill us for that. There’s a group of white right-wingers who are being trained by Jews in Pretoria to be snipers…”

Additionally, Malema has accused President Ramaphosa and the Democratic Alliance (DA) of colluding with AfriForum to sabotage plans to expropriate land without compensation.
    A decade ago few people had heard of Malema. Now he commands millions and grows more powerful each day.
    So, the president says there's nothing going on; the people are being incited by leaders like Malema into extreme violence; and the white farming community is dying and pleading for the international community to pay attention:
    A message to the international community from a boer in #SouthAfrica the reality of our situation. Please RT. #FarmMurders #SouthAfrica pic.twitter.com/sdChH864dA
    — Danie Barnard (@DaanBarnard) August 27, 2018
    And the following white farmer, set to become the first to officially have his USD15 million game reserve seized says South Africa’s land grab policy is theft and warned:
    "I have the right to defend my property by force. And I will."

As The Daily Mail reports, Johan Steenkamp who co-owns a game farm in Limpopo province, has been ordered to hand over his land, following a ten-year battle to stop the government buying it for a tenth of its value.
    Mr Steenkamp says President Cyril Ramaphosa's plans of redistribution of white-owned land to South Africa's black poor is just a cover so that the government can get their hands on valuable coal deposits found under his farm land.
    The 67-year-old farmer said he is ready to defend his property by force if the government tries to take his land, saying:
    "If it comes to a fight so be it, I am not going to leave the country and I am not going to leave my farm."
    Mr Steenkamp said that if the land claims court rules that he must accept a fraction of the value of the land then they are 'up for a fight'. He said:
    "I am not going to leave the country and I am not going to leave my farm. I am going nowhere. I will defend my farm and if it comes to a fight so be it.
    "I will do whatever it takes to defend my farm. I don't want confrontation but the the Constitution says that I have the right to defend my property and my family and that is what I will be doing if anyone comes for my farm.
    "I will not be initiating force but my gates will be locked and I will have security here. If there is any force it will not be initiated by me.
    "If others use force and it starts to get out of hand then I will defend myself."

"This attempted seizure of our farm is not about a noble attempt to redistribute the land to the poor of Africa but it is all about the government getting their hands on the minerals."

The latest data suggests things are getting worse...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-over-property

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

While headlines were initially confusing, South Africa's controversial land confiscation reform, in which some white-owned land could be expropriated without compensation, is still going ahead through its constitutional change but authorities have confirmed that Zulu lands will not be impacted.

The following Bloomberg headline triggered buying in the rand...

• *S. AFRICA EXPRORIATION BILL WITHDRAWN AMID CONSTITUTION REVIEW

While the market's kneejerk response has been positive, with the rand jumping on the news...

...but as details came out, this should be seen as a head-fake, as it is merely exempting Zulu land from the government's confiscation plan.
    As Bloomberg reports, plans to expropriate land without compensation won’t transgress on communal areas, Magashule told reporters Tuesday in Johannesburg a day after after party executives met with traditional leaders.
    The government is considering legislation to repeal a trust that holds all the land that belongs to the Zulu nation and of which King Goodwill Zwelithini is the sole trustee.
    “We affirmed our view that the kings and chiefs are the rightful custodians of communal land for and on behalf of the people and communities in the traditional areas,” Magashule said.
    “The ANC will never be part of any attempt that seeks to tamper with authority of traditional leadership over the land of their ancestors including traditional communities.”
    This decision comes after King Goodwill Zwelithini sounded a warning in July about potential clashes if the government dissolves the Ingonyama Trust, which accounts for a large part of the KwaZulu-Natal province, a region larger than Hungary.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...fiscation-bill

They don't want the Zulus on the Boers' side:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Constitutional Court of South Africa recently ruled that 300,000 gun owners must turn in their firearms.
    This judgement came in response to the North Gauteng High Court’s ruling in 2017 which said Section 24 and Section 28 of the Firearm’s Control Act were unconstitutional.
    A report from The Citizen explains what Section 24 and Section 28 entail:
    “Section 24 of the Act requires that any person who seeks to renew a licence must do so 90 days before its expiry date Section 28 stipulates that if a firearm licence has been cancelled‚ the firearm must be disposed of or forfeited to the state. A 60-day time frame was placed on its disposal, which was to be done through a dealer.”
    Now that the High Court’s initial ruling has been overturned, gun owners who failed to renew their firearms licenses must hand in their firearms to the nearest police station, where authorities will then proceed to destroy them.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...urn-over-their

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    A very gripping doc... +rep

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

In the 80's we had all these groups and students on college campuses calling for sanctions on South Africa to end Apartheid.

Wonder where they are all now...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    In the 80's we had all these groups and students on college campuses calling for sanctions on South Africa to end Apartheid.

Supporting the commies and attacking Trump for his tweet about this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Writing cover stories for TIME LIFE Magazine?

Just saw this in the grocery store.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast