Thread: NRA Position on 3D Printed Guns

NRA Position on 3D Printed Guns

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...astic-firearms

FAIRFAX, Va.— Chris W. Cox, executive director, National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action, released the following statement on Tuesday:

“Many anti-gun politicians and members of the media have wrongly claimed that 3-D printing technology will allow for the production and widespread proliferation of undetectable plastic firearms. Regardless of what a person may be able to publish on the Internet, undetectable plastic guns have been illegal for 30 years. Federal law passed in 1988, crafted with the NRA’s support, makes it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.”
    The NRA has once again shown its true hand. Unless they come out in FULL SUPPORT of Cody Wilson's position and court victory, they are nothing more than corporate whores worried about the competition...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...is PATHETIC as usual...

what a bunch of traitors!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

what does GOA say about this??
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

The NRA has once again shown its true hand. Unless they come out in FULL SUPPORT of Cody Wilson's position and court victory, they are nothing more than corporate whores worried about the competition...

The NRA has always been one of the most effective promoters of gun control (victim disarmament) in the country. If they have nothing to pretend to fight, they become unneccessary. Gotta protect those six-figure salaries somehow.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Serious question, as I am also not an enthusiast. Wouldn't the ammo be detectable?

IIRC, this was a reaction to hysteria about those new fangled plastic guns sold by a company named Glock.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Serious question, as I am also not an enthusiast. Wouldn't the ammo be detectable?

Absolutely. You'd still also probably need a steel barrel, chamber and bolt, as I doubt currently available plastics or composites would be able to withstand the high pressures involved when a round is discharged. Like a Glock has.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 08-01-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

YES! You can't 'print' brass, lead, and gunpowder! They use standard bullets!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    IIRC, this was a reaction to hysteria about those new fangled plastic guns sold by a company named Glock.

Exactly.
    Chris

Yes,, and so would the metal firing pin.

Allegations to the contrary,, it is detectable.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Absolutely. You'd still also probably need a steel barrel, chamber and bolt, as I doubt currently available plastics or composites would be able to withstand the high pressures involved when a round is discharged. Like a Glock has.
    That’s one thing I saw on the news and wanted to verify with people who have personal experience.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    what does GOA say about this??
    https://gunowners.org/gun-owners-of-...d-firearms.htm

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

“This is freedom. This is what the Second Amendment protects. With few exceptions under federal law, it is legal to make your own personal firearm, as long as it is not transferred to another person. Why wouldn’t the Second Amendment protect the right of a law-abiding citizen to make his or her own weapons?

“Anti-gun advocates are taking to the courts to try and stop Defense Distributed. They claim that 3D-printed guns will become a boon for criminals. But that argument is a red herring. Criminals will always break the law and will always get their hands on some kind of weapon.

“Our rights do not depend on what criminals do. For example, we do not shut down printing presses because someone might use it to libel.

“Already, almost 80% of firearms used in crime are weapons that were not legally owned. And studies have long shown that criminals have already been making their own illegal weapons or getting illegally-made firearms from overseas.

“Gun haters always want to focus on the illicit uses of guns, but that would be like only focusing on deaths result from doctors’ negligence -- which are around 250,000 per year -- and ignoring the overwhelming amount of good that they do. In fact, according to the CDC, guns are being used 16 to 100 times more often to save life, than to take life.

“The bottom line is this: the rights of law-abiding citizens should not be infringed simply because criminals refuse to obey the law. Otherwise, all our rights would be in jeopardy.”
    At least copypasta, jeez

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

They actually have working designs with plastic barrels. They are using metal nails for the firing pin, metal springs for the hammer, metal screws, and obviously metal ammo and casings, so those saying these will get through metal detectors are just fear mongering.

They are making it out to seem like people are going to have cheap easy access to guns now. I wonder if these idiots realise a machine capable of printing a working design costs far more than most hand guns.

I saw that movie... you hide the bullet in the lucky rabbit's foot key ring which gets through security.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I saw that movie... you hide the bullet in the lucky rabbit's foot key ring which gets through security.
    That was a Ceramic Gun..

and it was also Hollywood fiction.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That message is pretty easy to read thru. Only buy guns that benefit established gun companies. Its not much different than Ford saying you cant make your own 3D printed car because it hurts our profit margins.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.