Thread: Facebook stock tumbles, they blame the Russians

Facebook stock tumbles, they blame the Russians

Facebook stock is tumbling due to their leftist bias and invasions of privacy, so they came out today with a story about "Russians". The entire mainstream media goes crazy with headlines and breathless accusations against the Russians. Just more distractions and the usual outrage of the day. The Ministry of Truth has spoken. #FakeNews

Facebook takes down suspected Russian network of pages

Facebook has removed a network of accounts and pages involved in what it called "coordinated inauthentic behavior," the company said Tuesday.

In briefings on Capitol Hill, Facebook has told lawmakers that it suspects a Russian group is behind more than 30 pages advocating US political stances, according to a congressional source briefed on the matter. One page promoted a "No Unite the Right 2" march -- a counter demonstration to a planned "Unite the Right" event to coincide with the one-year anniversary of the march in Charlottesville in which a woman was killed. There was also an effort to amplify the "Abolish ICE" message pushed by liberals, the source said.
    More: https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/31/tec...ges/index.html
    So once again, the suspected accounts are promoting the leftist agenda. It couldn't be related to the DNC, Antifa or some Soros organization, it must be the Russians!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Get back with me when zuckerberg is on food stamps . Until then I will just chuckle .
    Do something Danke

Nice to see Fedbook losing money.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I really do not like to see people lose money but I also do not like to see junk stocks inflated
    Do something Danke

Has Bart Simpson fallen off his skateboard and blamed the Russians yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jan2017

Facebook’s $120 billion stock hit was the biggest single-day loss in US history —
    here’s how it compares to other major public companies

Facebook reported lower-than-expected quarterly results last week, resulting in an initial 24% stock drop before
    eventually leveling out to a 19% dip.

"It was enough to cause Facebook's market capitalization to plummet $119.4 billion as the company's disappointing results —
    as well as a discouraging upcoming quarterly forecast — caused a massive stock market sell-off.

As this chart from Statista shows, the almost $120 billion drop is the biggest single-day market cap loss suffered by a US public company, beating out Intel's $90 billion drop in 2000.

Despite the record-breaking loss, Facebook's current price of $174.89 is still above its share prices in late March following news that data company Cambridge Analytica harvested millions of user profiles illegitimately."

https://www.businessinsider.com/face...t-apple-2018-7

Last edited by Jan2017; 07-31-2018 at 05:42 PM.

This Russia blaming on almost everything is reaching really absurd levels...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    This Russia blaming on almost everything is reaching really absurd levels...
    They burned down Dankes airplane hangar. I had stuff hidden in there so it is getting personal now .........
    Do something Danke

They can blame the Russians all they want, but their product stinks and gets worse by the day. I joined FB practically when it started because a young coworker was an entertainer and wanted me to review his page before his grandmama and parents saw it. I stick around because of a couple of private groups and to see pictures of my grandchildren. I stay about as locked down as possible, and I still have nonsense crammed down my throat. It's almost not worth the trouble any more.

Epic fail for Zuckerberg. He has to own it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I really do not like to see people lose money but I also do not like to see junk stocks inflated
    Their P/E may become reasonable with another drop. Growth is where they are screwed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

'We Are Not Bots': Facebook Censors U.S. Activists After Falsely Claiming They 'Unwittingly' Planned Protest

Facebook on Tuesday announced its banning of eight pages, 17 profiles, and seven Instagram accounts that engaged in what it described as online political activity that was both “inauthentic” and ultimately an “abuse” of its platform. While the activity was not attributed to anybody specific, the implication was clear, and at several points, the company made comparisons to a Russian organization U.S. authorities accused of trying to influence U.S. voters during the 2016 election.

But at least one of the pages deleted this week was run by a group of real Americans who say they’ve been unfairly targeted by Facebook and falsely accused of being “unwittingly” duped into helping plan a protest scheduled to take place in Washington, DC, less than two weeks from today.
    “We are not bots. We are not influenced by any Russians. We are local organizers,” said Andrew Batcher...
    More: https://gizmodo.com/facebook-censors...ing-1828018471
    This is just the guys that were willing to come forward. Considering that this kind of thing could be a trap to reveal identities, it's likely that some, if not all, of the other pages accused of being Russians are really Americans too.

Daniel McAdams reveals that Facebook is also using the Atlantic Council to help identify people to remove from Facebook. The Atlantic Council is funded by the US government, US Military, NATO, and military contractors. The Ministry of Truth.

Go to the 2:35 mark:

Okay Myspace, now is your chance for a big comeback!

One of my college grad friends's facebook page is gone. I had no idea she was a Russian, but I'm glad facebook is protecting me.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-04-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.