Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you at stop lights?

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Same here. It’s no big deal, and I don’t feel less “free” for stopping at a traffic light.

In my 20’s I used to get a lot of tickets for speeding and other stuff like that, but these days I don't do things like that anymore. *shrug*
    To be clear, the premise was not about stopping. It was about staying stopped, when there was no possibility of anyone coming. Staying stopped only because the light didn’t give you permission to proceed.

If you run red lights without stopping to check for traffic, you’re being a douche. Same thing with a stop sign.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of the many things I do at stop lights, one thing I do consistently is keep an eye out for what is going on behind me.

Ive avoided being rear ended several times because I was paying attention to what is happening. I have been rear ended at stop lights, and it just reinforces that behavior. So its not just about bad habits of not paying attention when I am at a stoplight, but other habits such as knowing of any pedestrians, traffic situations, road conditions, obstacles that other people are swerving to avoid, noticing if other people might run the light as it turns green for me. There are a thousand and one things that can go wrong when driving, and so many of them can be avoided if people were paying attention.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    To be clear, the premise was not about stopping. It was about staying stopped, when there was no possibility of anyone coming. Staying stopped only because the light didn’t give you permission to proceed.

If you run red lights without stopping to check for traffic, you’re being a douche. Same thing with a stop sign.
    I understood your premise. Like I said, that never happens where I live. But even if there was no one around, I probably wouldn’t run it because with my luck there would be a hidden camera somewhere. What I have done in situations like that is turn right and then quickly flip around and turn right again. Ha
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234