Thread: Became a Catholic

Became a Catholic

Been a Christian my entire life, never belonged to any specific denomination. Earlier this year, I started attending a Catholic Church and was baptized and confirmed into the church. I also experienced being a weekday lector during mass a few times. And yes it was my first time ever having been baptized.

The reason I chose a Catholic Church is because it is one of 2 churches accessible to me.

One thing I have always agreed with the Catholic Church on even before having joined the Church is the validity of the Apocrypha, also known as the Deuterocanonical books. Infact, I take this concept one step further and accept all of the books the Eastern Orthodox Church accepts.
    Last edited by pcgame; 07-30-2018 at 11:11 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In B4 your derided as a heretic
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Thumbs up Not a heritic

Congratulations on joining the largest chain religion. Catholic churches are like McDonald's, you can find them anywhere.
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    Infact, I take this concept one step further and accept all of the books the Eastern Orthodox Church accepts.
    Are you aware that the Council of Trent anathematizes you for this?

Whatever Church community works for you,, They all have error,,the result of men over the years..
    Basic truths are presented along with,,,,stuff.

I was raised Catholic,, and though I disagree with much,, the Gospel is there.. And Christian Believers are there,,
    as well as a lot of people who are just religious.

Continue to grow. He teaches us what we need when we need it.. and unlike churches,, His lessons are highly individualized.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom